PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 - Pre Super Bowl

redundantman
02-05-2011, 12:09 PM
1. Last week was a slow and painful week that seemed to never end.

2. This week is slow and painful for an entirely different set of reasons.

3. What we need is the “Official Butthurt Thread” in which everyone can make their post about the latest douchey sports-media type to not pick the Steelers over whatever team they are playing, Ben over some other QB, Wile E. Coyote over the Roadrunner … whatever.

4. I mean yeah, I get it. What else is there to talk about during Super Bowl week, right? But come on guys. There are 2 weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. It is in these two weeks that we must remind ourselves that talk is cheap.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkjbSBpZ4xJoE_3I3o3jekA-cuNdksohUN2GVyQWdgNN_44gWtPg
Ha ha ... then I put "DTF" on my sleeve and I had these guys hitting on me all night! ... haha!

5. The balance of the informed and respectable opinions I have heard concerning this Super Bowl recognize that this game is a great match-up on many levels. Of all the teams that made it into the 2010 post-season this is probably the best Super Bowl match-up.

6. Now as for the uninformed and less respectable opinions … those tend to fall into two buckets.

7. Uninformed opinion bucket #1: Find one potential mismatch, base your entire prediction on that presumed mismatch. The obvious example of this is the Packers wide receivers against the Steelers (all of a sudden) terrible corners = Packers have the edge.

8. Uninformed opinion bucket #2: Everyone that was in bucket #1 that applied a modicum of diligence to their analysis and realized: well dang, this is a close match-up but I feel the need to flap my gums in the breeze! What should I do? WHAT SHOULD I DO? Oh yeah I know, INTANGIBLES. The Steelers have more experience; therefore they have the … what is it … what’s the pithy catch-phrase all the sports-media types use? …. “BEEN THERE DONE THAT!” Yeah, the Steelers will win because they have (assume Chris Berman demeanor) BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoLNoFwcJ9VvLSK3ZldgxGzTI3cJKo1 ogBttVO-qKCYPdxTP8k

9. Uninformed opinion bucket #3: this is where I am now after having been in bucket #2 and suddenly recalled last year’s Super Bowl. In my defense that was a WHOLE YEAR AGO! I’ve slept since then.

10. I’ve gained a new level of respect for James Harrison this week. He’s always been an intimidating football player but I never pegged him as a media savvy marketing guru. His interviews during the past couple of days have become entertaining at times and it seems to me that he is making lemonade out of Goodell’s lemons. Harrison appears to be embracing the bad boy image and using it to his advantage.

11. I keep asking myself: What would dad do? I mean, besides fart and scratch himself. Miss you dad.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOhS3Z_1oCbXbgqX44VTg2C4j83Jm44 PdIVSN038REu8c8pTAdrg

12. “Here We Go” is the most annoying geezer-rock theme song ever. It makes me long for the days of the Houston Oiler’s theme song and/or the San Diego Super Charger’s theme song. Yes, yes, I admit that it is also an undeniable ear-worm but I adhere to my God-given right to whine about it.

13. We take the good with the bad. The Steelers are in the Super Bowl so everyone is talking about them. Unfortunately there are only two things that are ever said and one of them starts with the phrase, “Ben’s had his off-field troubles …”.

14. My absolute favorite Stupid Ben Opinion™ comes from Warren Sapp: Ben has one (or 1.5) Super Bowl rings because he was “terrible” in the first Super Bowl.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLu8paZp5phU2VibPsJdU6HVT48UX4T Oypshewd5oibItNJa9x

15. Stupid Ben Opinion #2 – Ben is not elite because his stats are not elite.

16. The Saturday before the Super Bowl is a long day. An incredibly long day.

17. Where could one obtain a 6-pack of Iron City in Houston Texas?

Djfan
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I want to see the entire media stupid kumbaya fest get the wedgie out of their collective cracks for weeks after Ben wins this game.

I'll tell you now how it will sound:

The Packers gave them this game.......

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
17. Where could one obtain a 6-pack of Iron City in Houston Texas?

You can't. There aren't any distributors that carry it in the entire state. Hopefully you'll find other ways to enjoy the game. I'll drink one for you and your Dad, no problem. :Beer

Northern_Blitz
02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I want to see the entire media stupid kumbaya fest get the wedgie out of their collective cracks for weeks after Ben wins this game.

The REFS gave them this game.......

Fixed that for you.

Djfan
02-05-2011, 03:17 PM

The REFS gave them this game.......

Fixed that for you.

Awesome!