PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions? Jinx?

steelz09
02-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Get your possible Jinxes and or Superstitions out here.

My Superstition is that I'm going to wear the exact same Shirt, Jersey and Hat as last week.

And my Jinx is, several weeks ago, I said that I would be 'ok' with the Steelers losing the Super Bowl as long as they beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Well, I'm hoping this isn't a jinx since the Pats didn't make the AFCCG and we obviously didn't play them.

Anyone else?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM

My Superstition is that I'm going to wear the exact same Shirt, Jersey and Hat as last week.

And my Jinx is, several weeks ago, I said that I would be 'ok' with the Steelers losing the Super Bowl as long as they beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Well, I'm hoping this isn't a jinx since the Pats didn't make the AFCCG and we obviously didn't play them.

Anyone else?

I considered not going to a Superbowl party, because it would break my "Steeler game" routine. See, I've got this little portable Steeler "shrine" I set up at home (Steeler beer bucket, hat, 3 Terrible towels, a Terry Bradshaw signed mini Steeler helmet, and a little Steeler beer coozie), and every game this year I've set it up and watched it at home.

If I leave, I can't do that. So I'm still kind of edgy about leaving and going out for the game.

How sick am I? :lol: :lol:

D Rock
02-05-2011, 12:47 AM
I can't wear Steelers jerseys during games or they play like crap.

I also don't usually watch games anywhere but my own place and not with large crowds.

for both Super Bowls I wore Steelers jerseys and went to parties or gatherings.

HELP!!!!!! Should I stick with weekly tradition or is the Super Bowl such a big game that I need to stick with Super Bowl traditions?!?!?!!?

flippy
02-05-2011, 05:50 AM
I've been thinking about this a lot this week.

What does the team need out of me?

I'm considering wearing my old Porter jersey in honor of the man who played the media like a fiddle leading up to XL - making Stevens his Huckleberry.

Once again, we've had enough stories about our vets to make everyone forget about our young WRs, Bronko, Ziggy, Mendy, Timmons, our makeshift OLine, etc.

All the talk this week was about staying loose and enjoying the experience. And JP represents staying loose and playing mind games with your opponents.

So I'm thinking old 55 might get us over the hump.

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM
For the two playoff games this year it's been my home #7 jersey and my old Steelers hat. My uncle got one for me from Heinz Field when it first opened, and even though it's not as beat up I don't want to risk it on Sunday!

Another one for me is not related to clothing. Since the end of the season until now, I don't listen to anything while driving in my car unless it's somehow Steelers or Pittsburgh related. So, it's been for the most part the hometown artists (Donnie Iris, Gene the Werewolf, The Clarks), DVE comedy bits, and the occasional UFO song in honor of Mark Madden. It might be a little strange, but it's working so far so I'll take it :tt2

Stewie
02-05-2011, 11:56 AM
If I record the game live, we lose. Fortunately, NFL rebroadcasts, and I can record after the fact. But live? No way. No how.

grotonsteel
02-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I watched first half of Ratbirds game on TV and Steelers struggled. I switched to my laptop for Steelers game and we are on a roll.

I avoid PS Gamechat when offense/defense is playing since Steelers seems to struggle when i am logged in chat room. I only log in the chat room during breaks/TO/Halftime or ST play or when Steelers have a comfortable lead...I like to talk with fellow Steelers fan. Its fun.

I am watching SB at my friends place in CT. Hopefully i will have better luck on his TV.

feltdizz
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
If I record the game live, we lose. Fortunately, NFL rebroadcasts, and I can record after the fact. But live? No way. No how.

Bingo... If I record the game live we lose and during halftime of the Jets game a flirted with the idea of taping it since we were up big... just the fact that I thought about taping it almost made us lose.

I also watched every playoff game at home in 2005, 2008 and 2010. I'm debating if I should go out or not.

Ozey74
02-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I continue to wear whatever jersey seems to be working. If the level of team play goes south, I switch jerseys. I started out the Balt. playoff game wearing a Ben throwback & switched to Lambert 76' home jersey and haven't looked back.

Chachi
02-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Don't believe in it. The games are stressful enough, I don't need the worry of "Am I wearing the right pair of Underoos?" hanging over my head as well.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Bingo... If I record the game live we lose and during halftime of the Jets game a flirted with the idea of taping it since we were up big... just the fact that I thought about taping it almost made us lose.

I also watched every playoff game at home in 2005, 2008 and 2010. I'm debating if I should go out or not.

I really agonized over this too, still tormented. I decided to go to a SB party. XLIII - I stayed at home. But XL I went out. So I guess it's OK ... right???

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I continue to wear whatever jersey seems to be working. If the level of team play goes south, I switch jerseys. I started out the Balt. playoff game wearing a Ben throwback & switched to Lambert 76' home jersey and haven't looked back.

Perfect, THANK YOU!!!

The last two SB's I wore my Hines jersey. I'll start out with that on ... but if it's 5 minutes to go and it looks hopeless ... I'll quick change to #92.

Woooo!

Wolfhound45
02-05-2011, 08:46 PM
No superstitions or jinxes. Will be on the road though, watching the game in Atlanta.

ramblinjim
02-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Hines home jersey, the last three games. Also, I sit in the same chair.

flippy
02-06-2011, 08:39 AM
This guy just jinxed his Packers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_super_bowl_never_missed

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
This guy just jinxed his Packers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_super_bowl_never_missed

I feel badly for that guy (one of the 4 on the Visa commercial that have never missed a Superbowl, he is a life long Packers fan, he got sick yesterday and is in the hospital and can't make the trip to see his beloved Green and Yellow).

I think Mr. Thomas Henschel will be our secret weapon!! (Another of the four ... he is a lifelong STEELERS FAN!!!).

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 09:53 AM

Anyone else?
Yeah, I've gotta get to 1100 post before gametime. It is crucial.

flippy
02-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I take full responsibility for the loss.

I thought I was doing great when I took off my jersey and hat after 21-3 and we mounted a comeback.

But then in the 2nd half I said to my buddy, Mendy's probably gonna be SuperBowl MVP instead of Ben because of his 2 ints. Then next play Mendy fumbles and Green Bay goes down and scores.

That was the 7 point differential right there. My fault.

That and I also said, the ball in Ben's hands with 2 minutes left to win it is all you can ask for.

WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!

You should always ask for a victory.

:HeadBanger Bad Flippy :HeadBanger

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Anyone else?

I have a steelers glass from the 70's and I broke it after the pick 6. I knew we were doomed right then, That glass was always the first in my progression of the mugs and the dream of #7 shattered with it. At least for this year...