PDA

View Full Version : Call me superstitious but here is an omen to watch for.

snarky
02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
The safety scored in the Steelers first super bowl win was the first in SB history
The safety scored in the Steelers second super bowl win was the second in SB history
The safety scored in the Steelers sixth super bowl win was the sixth in SB history

skyhawk
02-04-2011, 07:49 PM
The safety scored in the Steelers first super bowl win was the first in SB history
The safety scored in the Steelers second super bowl win was the second in SB history
The safety scored in the Steelers sixth super bowl win was the sixth in SB history

Nice find, Cliff Clavin! :tt2

flippy
02-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Interesting.

This got me wondering, in the BA era, are we worse than ever when backed up to our own 1 yard line? We seem to have taken quite a few safeties.

Chucktownsteeler
02-05-2011, 03:01 PM
IMHO, BA sucks eggs and I am glad his contract is up after the Super Bowl.

With the talent this offense has, any AVERAGE OC could put up 30-35 points weekly.

I know of no other NFL that has this much talent on the offensive side of the ball.

ChucktownSteeler

feltdizz
02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
IMHO, BA sucks eggs and I am glad his contract is up after the Super Bowl.

With the talent this offense has, any AVERAGE OC could put up 30-35 points weekly.

I know of no other NFL that has this much talent on the offensive side of the ball.

ChucktownSteeler

That's crazy talk... does any team even average 35 points a game? I know the Pats put up numbers but where are they now?

Plenty of teams have the talent we have they just lack the coaching and FO structure.

I'll take the idiot OC who is in a second SB over the guru's who are in the stands watching the idiot win another SB.

Next year you may have a new idiot to bash because there is no way we are averaging 35 points a game.

snarky
02-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Now that we are OT...

I've voiced this opinion before and I'll say it again (even though some disagree). If you have a dominant defense you will never have a top five offense due to the simple fact that you don't need to score that much and there aren't many NFL coaches who will miss a chance to take the air out of the game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Now that we are OT...

I've voiced this opinion before and I'll say it again (even though some disagree). If you have a dominant defense you will never have a top five offense due to the simple fact that you don't need to score that much and there aren't many NFL coaches who will miss a chance to take the air out of the game.

That seems very insightful to me!

Another reason, more administrative-type, might be that it costs too much to have that kind of talent on both sides of the ball, under the current salary structure.