PDA

View Full Version : Why does every one copy the Steelers?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I saw the Browns early in the year with 2 lineman and about 2-3 Lb's in a 2 point stance dancing around about to blitz...I then saw Raji recently drop into coverage as their cb blitzed...Raji intercepts the ball and scores a TD. I thought to myself that looks awfully familiar. Then to see all these cb blitzes in the last few years and again...Its the Steelers. It seems like all the great defensive schemes comes from the Burgh in some way. They should at least give us the credit.
The Packers defense is a mirror image of us with Capers.
This truly is a copy cat league and if your gonna copy anyone copy the Steelers the NFL'S most successful team!!!

Crash
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Capers learned a lot from LeBeau when they were on Cowher's staff.

Iron Shiek
02-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Pat Kirwan always says its a copy cat league. Its not just the Steelers getting copied. Whatever works one year, you see 3 or 4 more teams try that same concept.

Very certain 3-4 type scheme Capers and Lebeau run will get mimicked as much as a team can (not successfully since you need specific personnel, but they will try nonetheless), given the success of the teams in the super bowl and playoffs in general.