02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Per the PG........

Eddie Spaghetti
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
field was fine this year.

reputation only vote.

Crash
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
No it wasn't. Same old stuff. The middle just gets destroyed with all the use.

BOTH Ben, and Troy were injured when they stepped in a divot.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Another reason why Ben will never be able to put up the stats.

fordfixer
02-04-2011, 02:13 AM
And yet the Steelers some how still seem to make it to the Super Bowl :roll:

SidSmythe
02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Football is turning into a sport of YUPPIES!!

Remember after the Miami game in the rain storm on replaced turf and people were whining .... "This is an embarrassment" as if they were responsible.

I have a friend who's a COWBOYS fan and he brags about his $1.2 billion stadium.

My comeback to him is, "thanks for building that fine mall w a football field in it for us to win a Championship in"

He picks on Heinz Field and my comeback is, "All i care about is what happens on the grassy part of the field."

Freakin' Girls!!!

flippy
02-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Football is turning into a sport of YUPPIES!!

Any game that can sell tickets for $2500-$20,000 turned into a wine and cheese sport many years ago.

The popular kids ruin everything ;)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM

Having the worst field in football is more of an advantage than a disadvantage. Our team practices on it and plays on it 8 times a year. Other teams that come in are not used to a surface this bad. It hurts both teams, but the opposition more.

ikestops85
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
and you guys say the media never gives us any awards

aggiebones
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
We play hard defense, run the ball and our QB is a 'mudder'
The Rooneys would be foolish to upgrade the field.

Dome teams and turf teams struggle in the playoffs. Let's keep it that way.

Oviedo
02-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Having the worst field in football is more of an advantage than a disadvantage. Our team practices on it and plays on it 8 times a year. Other teams that come in are not used to a surface this bad. It hurts both teams, but the opposition more.

We actually don't practcie on it. The player practice at the Southside facility. Only time they are at Heinz is gameday. Only people that may go over there during the week before the game might be the place kicker, but I doubt it.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-04-2011, 11:56 AM
We play hard defense, run the ball and our QB is a 'mudder'
The Rooneys would be foolish to upgrade the field.

Dome teams and turf teams struggle in the playoffs. Let's keep it that way.

I disagree with your assessment of the current team. When JB was running the ball then we were a good muck running team. Since FWP and Mendenhall hit the scenes then we became a team who could run on turf.

We now have three of the fastest WRs in football so a fast track would benefit them as well.

I don't think that Ben benefits one way or the other based on the surface. I don't think that he breaks contain because he is a mudder, I think he does it because that is what he does.

Our D is a fast pursuit team. Players like Troy and Timmons would benefit from the faster surface. Edge rushers like JH and Wood would also benefit. Our D always seems to stand strong whether at home or on the road so I don't think that they would lose anything on a better surface.

The only aspect of our game that might decline (if it is possible) is the OL. They sometimes benefit from waiting on rushers who are more neutralized by the grass.

The other loss would be the home field advantage we have on this slop. Our kicker practices on it while every other kicker struggles. Our guys know the way the surface gives whereas other teams must try to adjust.

But as a team I think that we are now more suited for a faster surface.

Jigawatts
02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
No it wasn't. Same old stuff. The middle just gets destroyed with all the use.

BOTH Ben, and Troy were injured when they stepped in a divot.

Football players never get injured on field turf?

Crash
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Dome teams and turf teams struggle in the playoffs

We aren't a dome team.

TRS had turf as well as cold weather and we were the best team of all time.

40 years before that on mud at Forbes Field we won nothing.

I think full time on field turf would enhance the offense even more.