PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodsen.....douche.

Starlifter
02-03-2011, 01:09 AM
gotta say it. Rod's been getting on my nerves over the past couple years but today he said Ben only has 1 superbowl ring because they won SB XL in spite of him.

what a douche.

In his lone superbowl victory he had only 5 tackles. In that same game horseface (shannon sharpe) had 1 catch for 5 yards. I guess we should question those rings as well.

i'm sick of former steelers thinking they have to build credibility by bashing current steelers.

Jooser
02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah, Rod disappoints me too at times. He rarely has much good to say about the current Steelers team. Oh well.

Crash
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Rod only bleeds black and gold when they fly him in and give him a free meal.

Other than that? He bashes the team and called the city racist.

rockonsteel
02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
They did unceremoniously dump him on his ear. He shoulda retired as a Steeler playing FS. He has never gotten over that.

Just sayin'.

Rockon

Crash
02-03-2011, 01:31 AM
No they didn't. They offered him $3 mil a year in August 1996 coming off that knee surgery and he turned it down.

After that, they then lowballed him. But if he signs that good offer first there isn't a problem.

Chachi
02-03-2011, 01:33 AM
gotta say it. Rod's been getting on my nerves over the past couple years but today he said Ben only has 1 superbowl ring because they won SB XL in spite of him.

what a douche.

In his lone superbowl victory he had only 5 tackles. In that same game horseface (shannon sharpe) had 1 catch for 5 yards. I guess we should question those rings as well.

i'm sick of former steelers thinking they have to build credibility by bashing current steelers.

I think the proper comparison would be to Elway(ironic, hunh?). Elway's first ring, he had a QB rating of 50 or so.

Elway's stats for XXXII...11-22 123 yds 0 TDs, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD

Ben's numbers in XL.....9-21 123yds. 0 TDs 2 INT, 1 rushing TD

Almost mirror images.

Does he think Elway only has 1 ring?

Crash
02-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Maybe if Rod's defense wasn't too worried about making rap videos they don't blow a 13-3 lead in the AFC title game.

hawaiiansteel
02-03-2011, 01:55 AM
After that, they then lowballed him.

after offering Rod the $3mil/yr, why did the Steelers then lowball Rod?

Crash
02-03-2011, 02:22 AM
After that, they then lowballed him.

after offering Rod the $3mil/yr, why did the Steelers then lowball Rod?

Because Tom Donahoe was an assclown. He took negotiations personally. He also lowballed Gary Anderson the same way, and then he left.

AkronSteel
02-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Maybe if Rod's defense wasn't too worried about making rap videos they don't blow a 13-3 lead in the AFC title game.

OMG Crash....that was one of the worst games in Steeler History! I've not felt that pain again except one time in January 05. UGH....the pain of it all!!! Here's hoping we don't feel that pain again come Sunday night!

Crash
02-03-2011, 02:58 AM

OMG Crash....that was one of the worst games in Steeler History! I've not felt that pain again except one time in January 05. UGH....the pain of it all!!! Here's hoping we don't feel that pain again come Sunday night!

That is the worst loss in Steelers history. Nothing will ever top that.

That Chargers team was all blue smoke and mirrors. Had no business losing to that rag tag crap.

NJ-STEELER
02-03-2011, 03:10 AM
i bet Rod kind of wishes he got that XL perfromance in superbowl XXX

i bet he likes looking at his world champions Ravens ring though

Scarletfire1970
02-03-2011, 06:59 AM
He's one of the reasons I can't watch the NFL network anymore. It saddens me to hear him bash the Steelers

steelblood
02-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Ben was great in the Indy and Denver games leading up to the Super Bowl. The point is that the Super Bowl doesn't happen without him. Rod should know that.

rpmpit
02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Did you hear him on the Top Ten Steelers thing bashing Troy?? Saying that he probably shouldn't have been on the list. Jealous much, Rod???

The Ben bashing is really killing me. It does seem like the media "experts" don't even watch the games. But I have to think a lot of it has to do with the suspension and his reputation as a doosh to the fans and his teammates. I think whatever he accomplishes will always be criticized because of his off the field rep. Sad.

frankthetank1
02-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Did you hear him on the Top Ten Steelers thing bashing Troy?? Saying that he probably shouldn't have been on the list. Jealous much, Rod???

The Ben bashing is really killing me. It does seem like the media "experts" don't even watch the games. But I have to think a lot of it has to do with the suspension and his reputation as a doosh to the fans and his teammates. I think whatever he accomplishes will always be criticized because of his off the field rep. Sad.

i couldnt believe he was saying troy shouldnt of been on the list. if anything i thought he should of been higher. the fact ben wasnt even on the list was a joke

rpmpit
02-03-2011, 09:19 AM

i couldnt believe he was saying troy shouldnt of been on the list. if anything i thought he should of been higher. the fact ben wasnt even on the list was a joke

It was such a b/s show. No Ben, no Ham, no Stallworth, no Webster, etc. And those guys actually won us Super Bowls. Rod won us NOTHING.

aggiebones
02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Well it did only hold 10 guys.
They should have just lumped Swann, Stallworth and Ward at a tie for no.10.

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 09:37 AM

I think most "experts" bash Ben because they didn't have him on their list of "next great QB's"

rpmpit
02-03-2011, 10:10 AM

I think most "experts" bash Ben because they didn't have him on their list of "next great QB's"

And that in itself makes no sense. Undefeated as a rookie. SB champ as a 2nd year QB. Yeah, I'm thinking the signs were there :lol:

Leper Friend
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
The NFL network is horrible , almost everyone on there.

As far as Woodson , screw him , it all comes across as sour grapes although I don't know what he has to be upset about. I don't even want my screenname associated with him anymore.

And for the record , not that anyone cares but rodisgod was never a tribute to him. My first year I had season tickets was 1989 and there was this crazy ,homeless looking black guy who sat in front of us every game.Every time Woodson made a play , he would stand up and chant "rodisgod , rodisgod" , trying to get everyone to join in.It was extremely funny and disturbing at the same time. He did this EVERY game , EVERY time Woodson's name was announced.

Anyway , screw Woodson , formerly , rodisgod.

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM

And that in itself makes no sense. Undefeated as a rookie. SB champ as a 2nd year QB. Yeah, I'm thinking the signs were there :lol:

But if you look back all the experts were pointing out Rivers, Cutler and Eli as the sure shots.

We also win a ton so some hate success.

steelcurtain44
02-03-2011, 10:21 AM
So Ben didn't suck in that 1st Superbowl? Give it a rest guys. Just because Rod played for the Steelers doesn't mean he can't critize players or the team itself. Rod loves the Steelers. All of this crap whenever anyone says something about Ben, is a bit ridiculous. The man has had problems in the post-season. Look at his stats, they don't lie.

Ben is one of the best QBs in the game today. But he plays a different game than all the other QBs. It was the same with TB, when he played for the Steelers. They was saying the same thing, about him. He doesn't get any credit compared to some of the other so-called greatest QBs of all time. They all said he only needed to manage the team, because he played with a great defense. Same thing as Ben. But in the long run, after TB won all the Superbowls, and was considered one if not the best post-season QBs in history, he is now in the HOF. That's the bottom line there.

You all get so bent out shape when people diss on Ben. Well Ben has a lot to do with that, and he will have to re-shape his image for years, before he gets the love that you all thinks he deserves. I'm sure Ben realize that, and he's not acting all crazy about it, neither should you all.

Leper Friend
02-03-2011, 10:33 AM
So Ben didn't suck in that 1st Superbowl? Give it a rest guys. Just because Rod played for the Steelers doesn't mean he can't critize players or the team itself. Rod loves the Steelers. All of this crap whenever anyone says something about Ben, is a bit ridiculous. The man has had problems in the post-season. Look at his stats, they don't lie.

Ben is one of the best QBs in the game today. But he plays a different game than all the other QBs. It was the same with TB, when he played for the Steelers. They was saying the same thing, about him. He doesn't get any credit compared to some of the other so-called greatest QBs of all time. They all said he only needed to manage the team, because he played with a great defense. Same thing as Ben. But in the long run, after TB won all the Superbowls, and was considered one if not the best post-season QBs in history, he is now in the HOF. That's the bottom line there.

You all get so bent out shape when people diss on Ben. Well Ben has a lot to do with that, and he will have to re-shape his image for years, before he gets the love that you all thinks he deserves. I'm sure Ben realize that, and he's not acting all crazy about it, neither should you all.
There is plenty to criticize about Ben , but I don't think his postseason play is one of them.Go look at the postseason stats compared to some other current guys , you might be surprised.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM

As far as Woodson , screw him , it all comes across as sour grapes although I don't know what he has to be upset about. I don't even want my screenname associated with him anymore.

And for the record , not that anyone cares but rodisgod was never a tribute to him. My first year I had season tickets was 1989 and there was this crazy ,homeless looking black guy who sat in front of us every game.Every time Woodson made a play , he would stand up and chant "rodisgod , rodisgod" , trying to get everyone to join in.It was extremely funny and disturbing at the same time. He did this EVERY game , EVERY time Woodson's name was announced.

So you changed it to...Leper Friend??? :shock: Okie Dokie... :?

Leper Friend
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's my favorite song , I used it on an old board a long time ago.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
[quote="Leper Friend":21dcql8i]The NFL network is horrible , almost everyone on there.

It's my favorite song , I used it on an old board a long time ago.[/quote:21dcql8i]

I must have missed that song. Ain't exactly "How much is that doggie in the window?" is it? :lol:

Leper Friend
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
[quote="Leper Friend":3emnemxl]The NFL network is horrible , almost everyone on there.

I must have missed that song. Ain't exactly "How much is that doggie in the window?" is it? :lol:[/quote:3emnemxl]
:lol: No not quite. It's good stuff though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7rJd5u7 ... F52116BA52 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7rJd5u7M74&playnext=1&list=PL2FE441F52116BA52)

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-03-2011, 11:29 AM
[quote="Leper Friend":qobnm4n3]The NFL network is horrible , almost everyone on there.

I must have missed that song. Ain't exactly "How much is that doggie in the window?" is it? :lol:[/quote:qobnm4n3]

You sure you don't mean "Leper Messiah"? MUCH more recognizable to say the least.

Leper Friend
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
[quote="Leper Friend":1f1zjf3n]The NFL network is horrible , almost everyone on there.

I must have missed that song. Ain't exactly "How much is that doggie in the window?" is it? :lol:

You sure you don't mean "Leper Messiah"? MUCH more recognizable to say the least.[/quote:1f1zjf3n]
I like Metallica but no , leper friend is a Dog fashion Disco song. They are definitely not very popular but they were really original . Kind of like a jazzy , metal , disco mix.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]So you changed it to...Leper Friend??? :shock: Okie Dokie... :?

You sure you don't mean "Leper Messiah"? MUCH more recognizable to say the least.
I like Metallica but no , leper friend is a Dog fashion Disco song. They are definitely not very popular but they were really original . Kind of like a jazzy , metal , disco mix.[/quote:1obpjxqx]

Dayum...now I'm upset that I can't access YouTube at work to hear this song. I want to know what jazzy metal disco sounds like. Curious what mixing the musical stylings of John Coltrane, Lemmy, and Barry Gibb might sound like. :P

http://www.collegedj.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/john-coltrane.jpghttp://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lemmy.jpghttp://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/!photos/Barry_Gibb.jpg

Now all we need to do is add in a little classical music, honky-tonk bluegrass, and gangsta rap, and we might be getting somewhere! :lol:

Sugar
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I've shared the stage w/ Dog Fashion Disco. Cool guys as I recall.

Rod was a great player and that's the way I'll choose to remember him. Same w/ Bradshaw.

Shoe
02-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Hey, when you have one retired jersey (Stautner)--and he can't even make the list... then you know how bogus the list truly is.

Troy being on the list is debatable IMO. Just like so many others... when you have as many HOFers as we do, it's inevitable. One thing is DEFINITELY wrong though, is Woodson being Top 5. That's obviously an homage to his employment at NFLN. NO WAY HE IS #4 All-Time. No way.