PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers' title belt move

PSU_dropout43
02-03-2011, 12:31 AM
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3276/rodgers1.jpg

I can see Woodley doing it, if he gets a sack.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Hines right after a TD?

Ike after his pic6 (Yes!!! ... it will happen!!!)?

Not a rook ...

Kiesel!! That's my vote. Strip/sack/fumble/rumble for 6 -

Then the Beard does the Belt!

flippy
02-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Strip/sack/fumble/rumble for 6 -

:Cheers

Scarletfire1970
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
That is the stupidest move I have ever seen a QB do. And it screams arrogance.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-03-2011, 08:12 AM
I actually like the move, a lot, but agree it is pure arrogance if done outside of a TD to secure a sure win in the biggest game. You give me a Steelers player doing the move to put us up 14 with a minute left and I consider it terrific.

frankthetank1
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
i really dont have a problem with the belt celebration. i thought it was kind of funny. raji's dance was a lot better though

Steelers>NFL
02-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I love the move. Completely different. Awesome!
They had HHH of WWE on NFL pregame show a couple of weeks ago
anylizing Rogers move. It was cool.

Wolfhound45
02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Honestly? I hope none of them do it. Just act like we have been there before (which we have).

Mister Pittsburgh
02-03-2011, 10:30 AM
if someone does do it, it better be with the game in hand and wrapped up.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Kiesel!! That's my vote. Strip/sack/fumble/rumble for 6 -

Then the Beard does the Belt!

Keisel always does some mountain man stuff. Paddle the canoe. Shoot the arrow. Chop the wood. That's more creative than ripping off moves from fake wrestling.

focosteeler
02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Keisel after his sack of rogers on 4th down to secure the win, except he does a double....one on the waist and one on the beard :tt1

Steelers>NFL
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Levon Kirkland use to do some wrestling stuff. He'd strut like Ric Flair.

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM

:roll: it screams celebration...

geez... some of you really need to loosen up. It's no different then Ben putting up his hands in celebration or doing the yo sammity sam pistol dance.

It's OK to celebrate after a TD. They don't guarantee victory or kill baby seals.. they just give a team and their fans something to cheer about after finishing a successful drive.

Wolfhound45
02-03-2011, 11:50 AM

:Agree

ikestops85
02-03-2011, 12:08 PM

:roll: it screams celebration...

geez... some of you really need to loosen up. It's no different then Ben putting up his hands in celebration or doing the yo sammity sam pistol dance.

It's OK to celebrate after a TD. They don't guarantee victory or kill baby seals.. they just give a team and their fans something to cheer about after finishing a successful drive.

Right on Felt ... it's just a celebration. As long as he doesn't go up to a Steeler and do it (I think that would be taunting) I don't have a problem with it. I just hope we never see it on Sunday. 8)

Mister Pittsburgh
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
would be funny if the Steelers had an actual replica title belt on the sideline and put it on after we kick their teeth in for 60 minutes.

http://www.ajsbelts.com/beltspagemma.htm

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I think Hines Ward already stole Rodgers' championship belt idea. :wink:

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/hinesward.jpg

Ghost
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm predicting Heath Miller. That dude's full of flamboyance!!

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM

:Agree

Why the hell do they have to make sure the game is in hand?

Iron Shiek
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I picked Ike because he's always making gestures. He wants attention all the time and I think the first pass he breaks up he'll bust it out. Interception? Even better!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
It would only be done on a TD but I don't know if anyone does it at all. If there is one I could see Hines doing it on a TD. He has done the TO Eagle dance and the Ray Ray full body spasm in the past.

As far as it goes, I don't mind it at all. It is something that Rodgers began when he would run the scout team to signify victory for his band of underdogs - taking the belt away from the champs (starters). Something to celebrate instead of being down about Favre's indecision holding him back.

Aside from the obvious answer of "nobody", the Packers are probably the team who I would have wanted to win if the Steelers were not in the playoffs. Unlike our past two opponents, there is not a lot here to hate.

ScoreKeeper
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
He does it because he hates the Steelers.

Fine and suspend him.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM

I agree and I can't stand Rodgers, that stupid fist pump of his is wee tarded as well. He can put a belt on if he can go one round with silverback in the steel cage!

JHsilverback
02-03-2011, 07:00 PM

I agree and I can't stand Rodgers, that stupid fist pump of his is wee tarded as well. He can put a belt on if he can go one round with silverback in the steel cage!

If he pulls that belt stunt it will only anger silverback and the rest of the D