MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
.. Tomlin didn't even receive a vote.

totally bogus

Ozey74
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
.. Tomlin didn't even receive a vote.

totally bogus

That was my first thought too! Steve Spagnola got a freakin vote, but not Tomlin?? :wft

Crash
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Good.

Haters gonna hate.

We'll just keep winning.

JAR
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
travesty... really... Add another chip to their shoulders for Sunday... more motivation towards winning the grand prize of the Steelers F U Tour...

hawaiiansteel
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/bill_belichick.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3Mp6I5ULEMo/R4jXTlP7dKI/AAAAAAAAAjs/2uCDVVbeYcw/s320/billbelichick1.bmphttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/7yyX-pI65eI/0.jpghttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/1372858139_01e9f10e6d.jpghttp://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/130624.jpg

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Tomlin not receiving a single vote is totally bewildering. Yo AP - :moon

flippy
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Congrats to Bill and Brady.

Too bad they couldn't shut Rex's loud mouth....hahaha....

Djfan
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I think the league and media is trying to compensate for the fact that the Cheats are not winning the Lombardi this year.

frenchie
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
:Agree

hawaiiansteel
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I think the league and media is trying to compensate for the fact that the Cheats are not winning the Lombardi this year.

you would think the Pats* did win the Super Bowl the way the awards are going... :roll:

Chadman
02-03-2011, 12:57 AM
When the NFL & the Players come finally to an agreement about what is needed to move forward, here's hoping that popularity contests like the Pro Bowl & these awards are redefined in order to give more deserving players their just desserts.

Jooser
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
:roll: Gosh, you guys need to take the tin foil of your heads!!! GEEESH! :moon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-03-2011, 01:20 AM
When was the voting closed on this cr*p?

hawaiiansteel
02-03-2011, 01:51 AM
:roll: Gosh, you guys need to take the tin foil of your heads!!! GEEESH! :moon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/gazalajeff/junk/tin-foil-hat.jpg

steelblood
02-03-2011, 08:06 AM
These AP awards are voted on before the playoffs. The Pats were the best team then and they were a very young defense. Bill did a great job in the regular season.

I wonder if Roger Goodell took a poll of NFL coaches to see who personally liked Bill Bellichek, if anyone would say yes. I'd imagine not.

frankthetank1
02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
i would of thought either tomlin or todd hailey would of won. oh well let the pats have their offensive player of the year and coach of the year award. hope they enjoy watching the super bowl

Oviedo
02-03-2011, 09:05 AM
There is only one award that matters...the Lombardi.

Tomlin knows that as well as anyone and that's the only one he cares about getting. Let the other coaches and players keep the consolation prizes.

Eich
02-03-2011, 09:13 AM
After the COLOSSAL failure of one-and-done in the playoffs against their division rival that they demolished a few weeks prior, I wouldn't have even put Belichick in the top 10.

The fact that he won, and that Tomlin didn't even receive a vote makes the award a complete, blatant joke.

Oviedo
02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
After the COLOSSAL failure of one-and-done in the playoffs against their division rival that they demolished a few weeks prior, I wouldn't have even put Belichick in the top 10.

The fact that he won, and that Tomlin didn't even receive a vote makes the award a complete, blatant joke.

You underestimate the anti-Steelers bias that exists out there. That is why both Faulk and Curtis will be in the HoF before Bettis even sniffs it. It is also why it will be at least the third look before Hines Ward is ever put in. He may even have to wait to be put in by the Veterans Committee.

steelblood
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM

You underestimate the anti-Steelers bias that exists out there. That is why both Faulk and Curtis will be in the HoF before Bettis even sniffs it. It is also why it will be at least the third look before Hines Ward is ever put in. He may even have to wait to be put in by the Veterans Committee.

First, this was voted on before the playoffs. The Pats were very impressive in the regular season.

Second, there is some anit-Steelers bias in the media. But, Bellichek isn't exactly a media darling. The Steelers also have some national love. Heck Troy won DPOY and I don't think he even earned it. Harrison finished 3rd. That is a ton of votes for STeelers.

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM

This award is for the regular season.

dsmith
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM

I keep seeing everyone harp on the fact that this was for the regular season. Am I wrong or did the Steelers get the #2 seed in the playoffs after missing them completely last year? Am I wrong or did we win 3 of 4 games without a starting caliber QB? Am I wrong or did our offensive line change every week?

Look, I know that these are popularity awards and I don't care that Tomlin doesn't win it. But HE DIDN"T GET ONE VOTE? Seriously, who is voting on these things?

feltdizz
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM

I keep seeing everyone harp on the fact that this was for the regular season. Am I wrong or did the Steelers get the #2 seed in the playoffs after missing them completely last year? Am I wrong or did we win 3 of 4 games without a starting caliber QB? Am I wrong or did our offensive line change every week?

Look, I know that these are popularity awards and I don't care that Tomlin doesn't win it. But HE DIDN"T GET ONE VOTE? Seriously, who is voting on these things?

Tomlin will raise another Lombardi..

It's the Steelers, voters aren't impressed by a #2 seed.