PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pouncey to the Pats??

SidSmythe
02-02-2011, 07:44 AM
OK, I'm going to speculate some.

The Patriots were really high on Maurkice Pouncey last year and were going to draft him.

The Patriots are going to lose Logan Mankins in the offseason putting Guard on their priority list. Do the Pats now take Mike Pouncey??

or Does Mike Pouncey tell Bellychick in his interview that he's hates cold weather and would love to have a gay love affair w Tom Brady and demands to play Center ...but since he struggles with shotgun, he demands Tom plays under center??

:moon

msp26505
02-02-2011, 08:21 AM
The *'s have two first round selections. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Pouncey was one of them.

The Steelers should find a way to sign Mankins. I realize there's about a 0.0% chance of this, but this OL lineup looks pretty decent to me:

Pouncey
Colon
Starks
Adams
Mankins
Legursky
Essex

Oviedo
02-02-2011, 08:41 AM
OK, I'm going to speculate some.

The Patriots were really high on Maurkice Pouncey last year and were going to draft him.

The Patriots are going to lose Logan Mankins in the offseason putting Guard on their priority list. Do the Pats now take Mike Pouncey??

or Does Mike Pouncey tell Bellychick in his interview that he's hates cold weather and would love to have a gay love affair w Tom Brady and demands to play Center ...but since he struggles with shotgun, he demands Tom plays under center??

:moon

I've thought this was where he would end up all along. They will likely need to replace Mankins and with two picks in Round 1 they can afford to overdraft Pouncey and take him as their second Round 1 pick.

sentinel33
02-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Even if we dont get Mike in the draft, we will still get him once his rookie contract expires. we will have to wait 4-5 years, but they both will be stepping into their prime. its a win-win for us. pouncey will be a steeler sooner or later. They want to play together. its just a matter of time.

so there is no need to lose a draft pick in order to move up and get him. Patience got us Ben. it will be the same with pouncey.

focosteeler
02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I question if people will take him because they know he will be gone after his first contract, I always feel like a first round pick should spend their career with their team