PDA

View Full Version : Why is this even news?

JAR
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
http://superbowlblog.dallasnews.com/arc ... p-clu.html (http://superbowlblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/steelers-visit-local-strip-clu.html)

Hines Ward, Steelers visit local strip club
By
Gromer Jeffers Jr. / Reporter

gjeffers@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:50 PM on Mon., Jan. 31, 2011 | Permalink

It didn't take long for the Pittsburgh Steelers to sample some of the adult entertainment Dallas has to offer.

Late Monday night, hours after they arrived here, Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers kicked it at Dallas Gentlemen's Club on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

A number of other pro athletes were there as well.

When Ward and his teammates entered the club, super hot dancers converged on them. They spent a few minutes in the VIP at the back of the club. But as the music pumped and the bootylicious women strode across the four stages, the Steelers huddled in the front corner of the club for closer looks.

Ward, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers. At one point, he tossed out dollars as various hotties gave him lap dances. Other Steelers joined him in the fun.

At one point, near midnight, the Steelers, including huge linemen, appeared on the main stage., There they posed and danced with an assortment of strippers. After all, it was "make it rain Monday" at the club. And some of the players certainly made it rain with their dollar bills.

The disc jockey said that Green Bay Packer players were on the way, but I didn't spot any at the club.

One large man wearing a green outfit with an Oakland As cap drank Moet out of the bottle.

I asked him was he wearing Packer green?

"I'm wearing money green," he said.

Crash
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Did Hines bring his mirror?

ScoreKeeper
02-01-2011, 01:53 PM
A number of other pro athletes were there as well
Name some, protect some.

This is such bull**** to even be reported.

JAR
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
A number of other pro athletes were there as well
Name some, protect some.

This is such bad word to even be reported.

Yup, trying to dig up more dirt for something that's normal activity, just like Ben being in a bar not so long ago...

steelblood
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Players should not be out partying this week. Last week was the week for that.

Oviedo
02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Because it is Super Bowl week and taking a piss will make national news. Good thing Reed is gone!!!!! I'm sure he would get himself in the news.

ScoreKeeper
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
They always get the fist couple days to enjoy it. It's nothing new to the Steelers or any other team.

Oviedo
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM
They always get the fist couple days to enjoy it. It's nothing new to the Steelers or any other team.

They just need to be smart

JAR
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM

That is so untrue.. most coaches want their players to live normally and stay loose.

The week before the Steelers won their first SB, Noll told the guys to go out and have fun and loosen up while in New Orleans. He said he learned that being too tight is not good when he was an assistant when the Colts lost to the Jets.

JAR
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
LOL, they just asked Hines about this during his media day interview. Hines just laughed and said, yeah, we were out having fun, I was in my room by curfew...

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM

Yeah but they grow'em bigger in Texas.

flippy
02-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Good for Hines. Take some heat off the young talent on offense.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I hope they catch Goodell with a 15 year old prostitute and a bag of coke.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM

If we just accuse him of that does he then have to suspend himself? :lol:

Mister Pittsburgh
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":lss0jv0k]I hope they catch Goodell with a 15 year old prostitute and a bag of coke.

If we just accuse him of that does he then have to suspend himself? :lol:[/quote:lss0jv0k]

You know, you may be onto something. :stirpot

StillSpotz
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Story could be true. I received a text from a friend who just started dancing there at 10:20 that they just walked in. Seeing that DGC is 45 minutes from their hotel, I doubt he was in bed by 11:45. I'm waiting on a reply to see who all was there.

On a side note, DGC is one of the worst strip clubs in Dallas. They must have got some pretty bad intel on where to go, as there at least 10 better clubs within 5 minutes of that dive.

aggiebones
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I've been to many in Dallas, but never heard of that one, but I've been out of Texas for 15 years now.

Geez, drawing a blank on any of the club names there. But they are OK there.

I guarantee that this is normal.
After Tuesday though, they get down to the business. If you think stopping by this club will affect their performance on Sunday, you don't know much.

BTW, was Ben there :)

Djfan
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
BTW, was Ben there :)

Source?

hawaiiansteel
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
yeah, they should have all been in their rooms the whole time studying their playbooks...the Steelers are obviously not focused on this game. :roll:

SteelBucks
02-01-2011, 05:26 PM

I don't know what the big deal is. The players don't have practice until Wednesday and the only commitment they have today is Media Day.

I was living in Detroit during SB XL and a lot of Steelers were out partying at clubs late on Monday.......I'm sure the same thing happened in Tampa. Those SB's turned out pretty well.

AngryAsian
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":m14j3hc7]I hope they catch Goodell with a 15 year old prostitute and a bag of coke.

If we just accuse him of that does he then have to suspend himself? :lol:[/quote:m14j3hc7]

Keeping in line with continuity... this is excellent logic. :lol:

Iron Shiek
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM

HAHA! BEST POST OF SUPER BOWL WEEK BY FAR.
:D I can't stop laughing. My face hurts.

NJ-STEELER
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Story could be true. I received a text from a friend who just started dancing there at 10:20 that they just walked in. Seeing that DGC is 45 minutes from their hotel, I doubt he was in bed by 11:45. I'm waiting on a reply to see who all was there.

On a side note, DGC is one of the worst strip clubs in Dallas. They must have got some pretty bad intel on where to go, as there at least 10 better clubs within 5 minutes of that dive.

post pics of ur friend?

so errr, we will know if the source is correct

StillSpotz
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM

post pics of ur friend?

Well, since I've just been a lurker for the most part and don't know how to post pics, how about a link to her fb site?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=507554964

hawaiiansteel
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Hines Ward denies doing Dallas strip club

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 1, 2011

Dallas Morning News reporter Gromer Jeffers Jr. drew an interesting assignment on Monday night: Hang out in a local strip club to see if any of the NFL players in town for the Super Bowl stop by.

As it turned out, Jeffers wrote a story saying that Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Steelers visited Dallas Gentlemen’s Club, and that a number of other pro athletes were there as well.

Ward, however, says that’s not true.

“Who’d you hear that from? I wasn’t there,” Ward said. “I went out. It’s none of your business where I went.”

The Dallas Morning News has published a transcript of Ward’s comments today at Super Bowl Media Day, but there’s no word on whether the paper stands by its report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... trip-club/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/01/hines-ward-denies-doing-dallas-strip-club/)

NJ-STEELER
02-02-2011, 03:33 AM

post pics of ur friend?

Well, since I've just been a lurker for the most part and don't know how to post pics, how about a link to her fb site?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=507554964

haha

i was just kidding

anyway, very nice

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2011, 08:27 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":2ilbawh3][quote="Mister Pittsburgh":2ilbawh3]I hope they catch Goodell with a 15 year old prostitute and a bag of coke.

If we just accuse him of that does he then have to suspend himself? :lol:[/quote:2ilbawh3]

You know, you may be onto something. :stirpot[/quote:2ilbawh3]

I bet if we had an investigation and asked two dozen players, not one would come to his defense (assuming the player list didn't included Marsha or PeytoN(

StillSpotz
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
FYI....Just saw my friend who dances at DGC, so I asked her what time they all left the club, since Hines said they were back before curfew at 11:45. Not that it matters, but she said they didn't leave until 2am. She danced for one of them but didn't know who it was either, and doesn't know who Hines is, so I couldn't get any confirmation on who was there.

NJ-STEELER
02-03-2011, 03:25 AM
heard there wasn't a curfew the first night they were there

The Sodfather
02-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Even if they were there who gives a ****.