PDA

View Full Version : QBs who could succeed in Pittsburgh

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-01-2011, 12:50 AM
I was thinking today for some reason about how we always say that "Peyton and Brady would never be able to succeed behind this line." I believe this to be true, but the question is......What NFL QB do you think would be able to have some success behind this ragtag collection of Olinemen? You have to have the ability to escape the rush - very quickly, yet also be able to find some speedy receivers downfield or a couple of possession guys 10 yars away. I'm not looking for a runner like Vick because that has never proven to be a recipe for success. I'm looking for a QB who is mobile enough to extend the play just enough to give the receivers time to find themselves wide open. He also needs to have the arm to hit them downfield.

The first three to come to mind for me are:

Rodgers
Romo
Freeman

and if we are talking about current guys who would be five years younger:

McNabb
Favre

What say you guys?

And top rated QBs who I think would die and crap themselves if they QBd this team:

Manning
Brady
Rivers
Brees

Those four combined don't get hit as much in one season as Ben does.

papillon
02-01-2011, 12:58 AM
I was thinking today for some reason about how we always say that "Peyton and Brady would never be able to succeed behind this line." I believe this to be true, but the question is......What NFL QB do you think would be able to have some success behind this ragtag collection of Olinemen? You have to have the ability to escape the rush - very quickly, yet also be able to find some speedy receivers downfield or a couple of possession guys 10 yars away. I'm not looking for a runner like Vick because that has never proven to be a recipe for success. I'm looking for a QB who is mobile enough to extend the play just enough to give the receivers time to find themselves wide open. He also needs to have the arm to hit them downfield.

The first three to come to mind for me are:

Rodgers
Romo
Freeman

These three already play behind a ragtag group of offensive linemen and aren't successful. I would eliminate these guys.

Edit: Ooops, misread Rodgers, he'd do fine on the Steelers, probably as good as Ben. They're the two best in the league right now for my money.

and if we are talking about current guys who would be five years younger:

McNabb
Favre

Too old on both accounts, they aren't getting it done either.

What say you guys?

And top rated QBs who I think would die and crap themselves if they QBd this team:

Manning
Brady
Rivers
Brees

Rivers and Brees would be successful with the Steelers IMO, Brady and Manning would adjust, but I don't think they would be as successful as Rivers and Brees The two I think that would have good success that you didn't mention are Sanchez and McCoy; both are young, not easily rattled and are mobile.

Those four combined don't get hit as much in one season as Ben does.

Pappy

Crash
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
With he 2008-2010 OLs? Only Rodgers and Ben IMO.

Romo is an overrated sloth. Dating Jessica Simpson doesn't make you elite.

flippy
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
You'd adjust the team to the QB. Drew Brees would be fine for example because he gets rid of the ball so quick.

I'd also add Bradford and Cutler.

aggiebones
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree with Crash somehow. Romo is a bum. HE is the real robostat guy. Once the game has some importance, he goes impotent.

Freeman is a good choice. Rodgers would be dead. He's not thick enough.

Brady dead
Manning dead
Neidermeyer dead.