PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Reign Maddening in Philly

dirt
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
love it...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110131_Gonzo___Steelers__reign_is_maddening_in_P hiladelphia.html

snarky
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Surprising, given the content of the article, that there are a number of level-headed comments there about the Steelers and their success.

steelblood
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
This is a very good article. Even the pot shots taken are in good fun. He respects the organization and envies the good fortune. Well done.

msp26505
01-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Plus my hometown made the big time:

The biggest problems out there involve making more room in the trophy case and figuring out where to vacation in West Virginia. (Morgantown is lovely; they have running water and everything.)

Though I don't know where he got this idea about "running water" (whatever that is). The crick works just fine ('cept in the winter when it's froze).

phillyesq
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
This is a very good article. Even the pot shots taken are in good fun. He respects the organization and envies the good fortune. Well done.

I met Gonzo at a bar once and had a drink with him -- nice guy. His columns are always entertaining.

I've been seeing even more Steelers gear here than usual, and it's been great.

proudpittsburgher
02-01-2011, 09:12 AM
How does a town that doubles as the last rest stop on your way to Ohio keep ending up in this position?

:lol: