PDA

View Full Version : I hate The Sports Guy aka Bill Simmons

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
PATRIOTS (-8.5) over Jets

Key Player: I keep thinking of Bill Belichick going into his office last Sunday, popping in that Colts-Jets tape, watching Mark Sanchez's passes sailing away like helium balloons at a 5-year-old's birthday party, then thinking to himself, Should I just start scouting Pittsburgh and Baltimore now?

Made this prediction 17 days ago and hasn't wrote a football story since.

No follow up, no championship game predictions, no SB predictions... nothing.

ESPN is a joke... they let a guy joke every NFL team out there but as soon as his team loses he acts like the season is over? I wish he was a Carolina fan... he would have stopped writing that trash in the preseason.

Iron Shiek
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Even worse, at about halftime of Steelers Rats playoff game, he responded to a follower that said Ravens-Pats is gonna be good by saying he can't wait, and how good this win is by the ravens.

Terrible choice of words there at an inopportune time seeing as how Steelers actually won and all. I blew his twitter box up.

But overall I still like him (Boston homerism aside). He's entertaining, and basically the only thing on ESPN I still follow regularly.

ScoreKeeper
01-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I can't stand the turd.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Even worse, at about halftime of Steelers Rats playoff game, he responded to a follower that said Ravens-Pats is gonna be good by saying he can't wait, and how good this win is by the ravens.

Terrible choice of words there at an inopportune time seeing as how Steelers actually won and all. I blew his twitter box up.

But overall I still like him (Boston homerism aside). He's entertaining, and basically the only thing on ESPN I still follow regularly.

I enjoy reading his stuff... it's funny and all but if he is going to ignore the most important NFL games because his team lost I think ESPN should do something about it.

How the hell are you giving out picks and recapping the NFL playoffs and then just up and switch to the NBA like the SB was already played?

It was a b!tch move and I don't think ESPN or any national sports news should have a guy who only follows a sport until his team loses.

actually... since you said he was already talking about the Pats* Ravens matchup I bet he had already written half the column during halftime :lol:

at least be a man about it and own up to being wrong.

Iron Shiek
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM

I enjoy reading his stuff... it's funny and all but if he is going to ignore the most important NFL games because his team lost I think ESPN should do something about it.

How the hell are you giving out picks and recapping the NFL playoffs and then just up and switch to the NBA like the SB was already played?

It was a b!tch move and I don't think ESPN or any national sports news should have a guy who only follows a sport until his team loses.

actually... since you said he was already talking about the Pats* Ravens matchup I bet he had already written half the column during halftime :lol:

at least be a man about it and own up to being wrong.

Yeah he switched gears in his column. But he does like 3 podcasts per week, and usually 2 of them are still football related. For the playoffs every monday or tuesday he's pulled in his buddy that works on the kimmel show because they have a running guess the line game they play and just talk about games (mainly comedy based), but then he brings in Mike Lombardi (former GM and NFL network guy) to talk players and x's and o's; chad millman, espn's betting "expert" to talk about line moves and good bets to make; and Aaron Schatz from Football Outsiders.com, which is a big statistics website that really breaks down players in a different way.

So he doesn't completely ignore football, but if you only read his columns, I could see how you would think that.

NJ-STEELER
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
I can't stand the turd.

he's such a doosh