PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Star Players

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking that Ziggy Hood or Brett Kiesel may end up being the surprise stars of the game. We will likely have to rush three on occasion and both of these guys can do well in that area. Hood has been getting to the QB the last several games and Kiesel for years has been the one DL who pressure the QB most.

Would love to see those guys have a big game. Besides who can't embrace "the beard."

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
on my MVP? Unsung Hero? post ... many, including myself have Keisel as the "Unsung Hero" of this game. He might not even get a registered sack, but his QB pressures and Pass Defenses could be huge into forcing turnovers and poor decisions by Rodgers.

I really think Keisel is key to our defense

Woodley and Harrison might get the stats and do some damage, but Keisel can make a huge difference without the stats

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
It is interesting how this season, Keisel has morphed into an Aaron Smith type since Smitty went down (the respected vet who seemingly does everything right and doesn't get near the credit he deserves for it), and Ziggy has taken over Keisel's old role (promising young player with surprising athleticism for his size, and more pass rush ability than you would typically find in a 3-4 DE).

Mister Pittsburgh
01-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I call Antonio Brown taking a kickoff to the house.

flippy
01-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Look out for Big Play Willie Gay.

Despite the world being against him, he continues to work hard and seems to be in the mix on many big plays.

I have a feeling his play will determine how well we play on D.