PDA

View Full Version : PounceyGate

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 09:52 AM
MIKE POUNCEY suits up for CENTER this SUNDAY and ends up limping on the wrong foot.
Goodell runs out of his suite onto the field and puts the cuffs on Tomlin, Kuglar and Pouncey.
the Steelers plead innocent and all the blame goes on KUGLAR as the fall guy. Kuglar is suspended from the league and Pouncey is banned from the NFL.
Tomlin hangs up the clipboard and travels the world as a motivational speaker

steelblood
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Dude, you shouldn't have eaten those mushrooms.

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
The real "PounceyGate" that is simmering is Mike Pouncey bowing out of the Senior Bowl with suspicions that he wants to lower his draft status so the Steelers can take him.

If he bows out of the Combine or doesn't particpate in drills with an "injury" watch the rumors and accusations explode. The Steelers will be accused of collusion and manipulating the draft.

If I was Pouncey and wanted to play with my brother for the best organization in professional sports I definitely would be doing that. I would make myself very undesireable to 31 other teams.

Djfan
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Can't Pouncy 2.0 just have his agent contact the Steelers, and declare himself out of the draft?

Honest question.

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Can't Pouncy 2.0 just have his agent contact the Steelers, and declare himself out of the draft?

Honest question.

I really don't think so ... a team could still draft the rights to the player and whenever they enter the NFL, they'd have to do so thru that team.

Elway is a good example

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I say he just goes out and gets a DWI the week before the draft

StarSpangledSteeler
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
The real "PounceyGate" that is simmering is Mike Pouncey bowing out of the Senior Bowl with suspicions that he wants to lower his draft status so the Steelers can take him.

If he bows out of the Combine or doesn't particpate in drills with an "injury" watch the rumors and accusations explode. The Steelers will be accused of collusion and manipulating the draft.

If I was Pouncey and wanted to play with my brother for the best organization in professional sports I definitely would be doing that. I would make myself very undesireable to 31 other teams.

If he really wanted to go to the Steelers, he would show up to the combine overweight, run slow, miss blocks, bad technique, and be a prick in interviews.

MeetJoeGreene
01-31-2011, 12:10 PM

If he really wanted to go to the Steelers, he would show up to the combine overweight, run slow, miss blocks, bad technique, and be a prick in interviews.

.. and tank the wonderlic

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM

.. and tank the wonderlic

or just have Irongut take the wonderlic for him? :shock:

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM

But if he was that clearly sandbagging what would the league do? What would be the accusations against the Steelers?

grotonsteel
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
What if Mike Pouncey pulls Eli Manning and say only team he will play for is Steelers? Will that work?

Iron Shiek
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I say he just goes out and gets a DWI the week before the draft

:Beer :Beer Probably a bad career move but that was still pretty funny in theory. :D