PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw to sit with Ben before Super Bowl?

Eich
01-31-2011, 09:45 AM
That's what he said during the Pro Bowl. From the Pro Bowl, he briefly interviewed Ben who was at his home. Said he'd sit with him at the Super Bowl and that it would be "fun".

How can Bradshaw make himself not look like an idiot? Not too many months ago, he grilled Ben with an absurd, uncalled for, on-air rant and told everyone listening that he would have gotten rid of Ben for the way he's acted. Now he's going to praise him?

The only way Bradshaw could save face in my opinion is to come out and admit that he was basically the EXACT same person and player as Ben and that his words were in hopes of motiivating Ben to be better.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
That's what he said during the Pro Bowl. From the Pro Bowl, he briefly interviewed Ben who was at his home. Said he'd sit with him at the Super Bowl and that it would be "fun".

How can Bradshaw make himself not look like an idiot? Not too many months ago, he grilled Ben with an absurd, uncalled for, on-air rant and told everyone listening that he would have gotten rid of Ben for the way he's acted. Now he's going to praise him?

The only way Bradshaw could save face in my opinion is to come out and admit that he was basically the EXACT same person and player as Ben and that his words were in hopes of motiivating Ben to be better.

:roll: Bradshaw works for Fox Sports... his job is to get fans to react to what he says. Mission accomplished.

Eich
01-31-2011, 09:56 AM
:roll: Bradshaw works for Fox Sports... his job is to get fans to react to what he says. Mission accomplished.

True. And apparently, he doesn't mind looking like an idiot.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 10:06 AM

True. And apparently, he doesn't mind looking like an idiot.

I think 99% of analyst look like an idiot at some point in the season. 8)

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Terry Who? He is dead to me unless he gives a public apology to Ben.

rpmpit
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
That interview (if you want to call it that) was weak. TB basically asked Ben and Rodgers one dumb question each. Ridiculous.

On the upcoming interview, TB needs to apologize to Ben. No doubt Ben is being forced to do this. The least TB can do is say he overreacted.

And WOW does TB look old when he's not all made up and under those studio lights.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Terry Who? He is dead to me unless he gives a public apology to Ben.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's entertainment..

sentinel33
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm with oviedo. Bradshaw needs to smooth things out with Ben before I give him a second of my time.

grotonsteel
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Terry Bradshaw looked completely drunk while interviewing Ben and Aaron at half-time.

They did not look comfortable doing the interview at all. I think Terry should apologize before interviewing Ben IMO.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Terry Bradshaw looked completely drunk while interviewing Ben and Aaron at half-time.

They did not look comfortable doing the interview at all. I think Terry should apologize before interviewing Ben IMO.

On camera on personally?

flippy
01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Bradshaw's 4 rings give him free reign to say whatever he wants. W/o Bradshaw, we'd be looking for Lombardi #3 instead of #7.

Plus he's old. Old people can get away with saying stupid stuff and no one should care.

grotonsteel
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM

On camera on personally?

On Camera

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=ddce ... ainer:play (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=ddce2f19-fdcf-4851-8e2c-06f96cf5d8d8%26tab=Fox%20Sports&from=gallery_en-us_foxsports_videosgallery&src=FLGal:videoContainer:play)

aggiebones
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree that Terry should start with at least a half apology and some comedy between them. He just needs to say that he was tough on Ben and was later reminded by others that his youth was not as clean as he might remember. Some joke about glass houses and move on into the interview.
The 2 really do need to bury the hatchet.
Terry unfortunately holds grudges more than most people. Still holds grudges for fans booing him or Noll for pushing him very hard. Get past it and enjoy the benefits of being a 4 time Super Bowl Champ when he comes to Pittsburgh.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree that Terry should start with at least a half apology and some comedy between them. He just needs to say that he was tough on Ben and was later reminded by others that his youth was not as clean as he might remember. Some joke about glass houses and move on into the interview.
The 2 really do need to bury the hatchet.
Terry unfortunately holds grudges more than most people. Still holds grudges for fans booing him or Noll for pushing him very hard. Get past it and enjoy the benefits of being a 4 time Super Bowl Champ when he comes to Pittsburgh.

but what if Ben and Bradshaw have buried the hatchet? Remember when Bettis said something negative about the Steelers and Ben jabbed him with a comment about being a commentator and no longer in the locker room?

Seems like fans hold the grudges longer than anyone else... Bradshaw is part of the media. It's time for Steeler fans to realize these guys will say things we don't agree with... things that are fabrications and things that are flat out controversial.

Eich
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
but what if Ben and Bradshaw have buried the hatchet? Remember when Bettis said something negative about the Steelers and Ben jabbed him with a comment about being a commentator and no longer in the locker room?

Seems like fans hold the grudges longer than anyone else... Bradshaw is part of the media. It's time for Steeler fans to realize these guys will say things we don't agree with... things that are fabrications and things that are flat out controversial.

I don't think any hatchet has been buried. Terry launched a massive anti-Ben campaign seemingly on his own. Ben has been asked about it more than once.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he does not hold a grudge against Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw, who said in April that he was "learning not to like" Roethlisberger. After a Georgia prosecutor declined to charge Roethlisberger with sexual assault in April, Bradshaw heavily criticized the Steelers QB and said that Roethlisberger didn't like him. Bradshaw offered to help Roethlisberger, but said he didn't expect to hear from him. Roethlisberger told KDKA-TV he was not intending to disrespect Bradshaw: "A lot of people criticize me, that's their right. That's what we do in this country. I hold no ill feelings toward Terry Bradshaw. He's the Steelers quarterback of all time. He's whose shoes we're all trying to fill as quarterbacks. "And if there was ever anything between us, I don't know where it came from -- but I would apologize if there was anything said or did." Roethlisberger said he has relied on former coach Bill Cowher for advice as he tries to rehabilitate his image in the wake of his suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

Eich
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
On Ben:

"Going to bars — treating women like that; oh my God. I pray they don't cut (his suspension) to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

On Himself

“I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before.”

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
On Ben:

[quote=Terry Bradshaw] "Going to bars — treating women like that; oh my God. I pray they don't cut (his suspension) to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

On Himself

“I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before.”
[/quote:3pkrvbi6]

There were more rumors about Terry when he played then you could possibly document.

I hope Ben wins 5 rings and makes Terry a minor footnote in history.

feltdizz
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
On Ben:

[quote=Terry Bradshaw] "Going to bars — treating women like that; oh my God. I pray they don't cut (his suspension) to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand."

On Himself

[/quote:3mf4r64p]

sounds like Bradshaw knows first hand what it's like to win SB's and act out of character.

I don't agree with the last rant Terry had before the season started, it was over kill IMO but IMHO....

The only person who can relate to Ben's success in Pittsburgh is Terry. Pittsburgh isn't a big city and Steeler players, especially a 2 time SB winning QB, are treated like Gods.

That doesn't mean there isn't personal agenda's or jealousy involved... Terry is human. However I think fans are over thinking this one.

and Terry Bradshaw will never be a minor footnote in Steeler History.

brothervad
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Some of you folks kill me...

Terry Bradshaw is dead to me until he publicly apologizes for his transgressions...

Like he cares...

I admired Terry Bradshaw the Steeler QB as an athlete, I am less than caring of Terry Bradshaw the analyst.

What he says on the air is what I like to call "fast food" analysis. Full of calories empty of substance.

Just like any old man who has had his past daliances...Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Big deal.

Some of you need to just let this go...it's over. Ben is being smart by doing these things.

My guess is if Roger Goodell extends his hand out at SB to him, Ben will shake it and say thank Mr. Goodell.

He knows better. Being smug and looking for retribution does nothing for Ben.

Having a chip on your shoulder on Terry does nothing for you.

Just shrug it off, dismiss it, and move on...

Brothervad

drprwnap
01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm with oviedo. Bradshaw needs to smooth things out with Ben before I give him a second of my time.

Me too. Terry USE to be one of my favorite Steelers. I even have a large frame of a signed pictrue surrounded by his football cards. The only reason it is still up is because it was a gift from my daughter. Terry, can you spell "hypocrite" :?:

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Some of you folks kill me...

Terry Bradshaw is dead to me until he publicly apologizes for his transgressions...

Like he cares...

I admired Terry Bradshaw the Steeler QB as an athlete, I am less than caring of Terry Bradshaw the analyst.

What he says on the air is what I like to call "fast food" analysis. Full of calories empty of substance.

Just like any old man who has had his past daliances...Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Big deal.

Some of you need to just let this go...it's over. Ben is being smart by doing these things.

My guess is if Roger Goodell extends his hand out at SB to him, Ben will shake it and say thank Mr. Goodell.

He knows better. Being smug and looking for retribution does nothing for Ben.

Having a chip on your shoulder on Terry does nothing for you.

Just shrug it off, dismiss it, and move on...

Brothervad

I'm sure Bradshaw doesn't care about anybody other than Terry Bradshaw. Just like many of us cease to care one bit about him or what he says.

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Me too. Terry USE to be one of my favorite Steelers. I even have a large frame of a signed pictrue surrounded by his football cards. The only reason it is still up is because it was a gift from my daughter. Terry, can you spell "hypocrite" :?:

You could always put it in the bathroom above the toilet where Bradshaw belongs.

Crash
01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Terry Who?

The Sodfather
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Some serious idiots posting in this thread.

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Bradshaw couldn't spell "hypocrite" if you spotted him the "hypo" and the "rite"

http://users.conwaycorp.net/tstone/hollywood.JPG

:P

proudpittsburgher
02-01-2011, 09:30 AM

While on the surface, I may agree with you, Terry went above and beyond with his comments just before the Atlanta game.

I was at a bar watching it, and I remember the reaction from the rest of the fans in the "Steelers room" was one of equal parts amazement and holy sh^&. Before then, TB made comments and I was indifferent on them. Hell, he is a huge part of Steelers history, so I think that affords him the right to comment as he had. But what he said seconds before kickoff of the first game of the season was very personal, very malicious, and it was very much Terry vs. Ben.

It went far beyond what he has earned in the way of comment. Terry never really bonded with the city of Pittsburgh, so spare me the "he was protecting the honor of Pittsburgh. Maybe he was protecting the honor of the team, but he went way too far with his comments that day. It's not about you, Terry, it's about Ben and the Steelers at this point.

Act disappointed in Ben, that's fine. Act disappointed in the situation, that's fine too. Don't tell me that you pray that Goodell won't lessen the suspension unless someone asks you. Don't tell me you are learning to dislike Ben. I really don't care.

Bad timing, poor choice of words, just came off all sorts of wrong. He doesn't owe him an apology for having his opinions about Ben, but he sure as hell owes him an off-air apology for doing it how he did, when he did, and if they are going to have TB do the interview, it absolutely has to be a part of the super bowl interview. Otherwise, what is the point?

feltdizz
02-01-2011, 10:42 AM
True.. but if he didn't come off harsh towards Ben it would look like Steeler bias.

Imagine any other star QB getting in trouble and the HOF QB analyst from the same team is asking for patience and saying he thinks the Goodell situation is over kill.

We would call him the biggest homer ever.

ikestops85
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM

While on the surface, I may agree with you, Terry went above and beyond with his comments just before the Atlanta game.

I was at a bar watching it, and I remember the reaction from the rest of the fans in the "Steelers room" was one of equal parts amazement and holy sh^&. Before then, TB made comments and I was indifferent on them. Hell, he is a huge part of Steelers history, so I think that affords him the right to comment as he had. But what he said seconds before kickoff of the first game of the season was very personal, very malicious, and it was very much Terry vs. Ben.

It went far beyond what he has earned in the way of comment. Terry never really bonded with the city of Pittsburgh, so spare me the "he was protecting the honor of Pittsburgh. Maybe he was protecting the honor of the team, but he went way too far with his comments that day. It's not about you, Terry, it's about Ben and the Steelers at this point.

Act disappointed in Ben, that's fine. Act disappointed in the situation, that's fine too. Don't tell me that you pray that Goodell won't lessen the suspension unless someone asks you. Don't tell me you are learning to dislike Ben. I really don't care.

Bad timing, poor choice of words, just came off all sorts of wrong. He doesn't owe him an apology for having his opinions about Ben, but he sure as hell owes him an off-air apology for doing it how he did, when he did, and if they are going to have TB do the interview, it absolutely has to be a part of the super bowl interview. Otherwise, what is the point?

Well said :Clap :Clap :Clap

You've expressed my feelings about the matter better than I ever could. Thanks!

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Bradshaw doesn't owe him an apology for anything.

Some of you sniveling vaginas need to grow a sack.

Crash
02-01-2011, 01:20 PM
True.. but if he didn't come off harsh towards Ben it would look like Steeler bias.

Imagine any other star QB getting in trouble and the HOF QB analyst from the same team is asking for patience and saying he thinks the Goodell situation is over kill.

Oh please. He wasn't being harsh. He convicted Ben on TV of rape.

Bradshaw is a hypocrite. He's a lush. He also met his eventual 3rd wife when he was 32 and she was, um, 19.

Bradshaw also claimed he always felt it was an honor to play in the NFL and never took advantage of that.

Oh really? Then who gave Chuck Noll "Play me or trade me" demands at least twice in the first 5 years of his career?

He bashes Favre for the retirement talks, while ignoring his own talks of retirement, once after SB XIV, and another before the 1981 season to work in a TV show.

The only people who defend Bradshaw are those who have no idea about his own past.

feltdizz
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Bradshaw is a hypocrite. He's a lush. He also met his eventual 3rd wife when he was 32 and she was, um, 19.

Bradshaw also claimed he always felt it was an honor to play in the NFL and never took advantage of that.

Oh really? Then who gave Chuck Noll "Play me or trade me" demands at least twice in the first 5 years of his career?

He bashes Favre for the retirement talks, while ignoring his own talks of retirement, once after SB XIV, and another before the 1981 season to work in a TV show.

The only people who defend Bradshaw are those who have no idea about his own past.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a player asked for a trade? Oh the horror. :roll:

a player "talked of retirement" ugh... that has never happened before :roll:

you need to get a clue.

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah

Same bullsheet, different forum

Crash
02-01-2011, 01:51 PM
a player asked for a trade? Oh the horror.

Mere months into his career? And he's going to talk about how he's never tried to take advantage of his status?

Spare me.

He was a great player.

But like I said, he's also a hypocrite.

Crash
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah

Same bullsheet, different forum

Yeah facts are a real bitch aren't they?

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
You "facts' don't mean a damn thing. They're a bunch of irrelevant bullsheet.

He was 32 when he met his 3rd wife who was 19.........

who cares????

I mean other than you.

Crash
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM

who cares????

I could care less actually. That's his choice.

But Terry needs to shut his mouth, and not judge others when his own life off the field has been such a wreak.

I don't ANYONE who's been divorced three times, qualifies as an expert on how to treat women.

ikestops85
02-01-2011, 02:14 PM

who cares????

I mean other than you.

Normally no one would care. The exception being when you are railing against a 27 or 28 year old QB being at a bar with 20 year olds. That's where Bradshaw comes off as a hypocrite. The concept isn't that difficult to follow.

Just because Crash posts something and you don't like Crash doesn't mean he is wrong.

Crash
02-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Normally no one would care. The exception being when you are railing against a 27 or 28 year old QB being at a bar with 20 year olds. That's where Bradshaw comes off as a hypocrite. The concept isn't that difficult to follow.

For a UPS grad? Sure it is. :)

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

Just because Crash posts something and you don't like Crash doesn't mean he is wrong.

Actually I have nothing against Crash. I have "known" him for years on these boards. Nice try Sparky.

When TB met this 19 year old did he have her in bars? Did he buy her drinks? Concept that bitch

And the "facts" are still irrelevant bull****.

Oviedo
02-01-2011, 02:35 PM

who cares????

I mean other than you.

I'll bet that 20 year old didn't look like a 20 year old nor did she advertise it. I live next to major university and I promise you that when they go out the girls look more 25 than 20.

Crash
02-01-2011, 02:39 PM
When TB met this 19 year old did he have her in bars? Did he buy her drinks? Concept that bitch

No one knows. But I do know that if Terry Bradshaw played in the era of the internet and massive coverage of his sport? He would get destroyed in the media for having a relationship with a teenager.

"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... my whole life was out of control ... I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

-Terry Bradshaw

People in glass houses Mr. Bradshaw.

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
No one knows.

Right

End of discussion

Crash
02-01-2011, 03:00 PM
No one knows.

Right

End of discussion

Just like Georgia.

But somehow Terry knew, right?

ikestops85
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Actually I have nothing against Crash. I have "known" him for years on these boards. Nice try Sparky.

And the "facts" are still irrelevant bad word.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Fight%21/normal_mypostbeatup.gif

The Sodfather
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
No one knows.

Right

End of discussion

Just like Georgia.

But somehow Terry knew, right?

Terry knows everything

grotonsteel
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Well did anyone see media day NFL coverage???

Terry had a chat with Ben before the interview and looks like Terry might have apologized. He made a statement regarding his relation with Pittsburgh. I always screw things up with Pittsburgh.

Did anyone saw that clip???

Crash
02-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah he sounded in the bag again.

Eich
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah he sounded in the bag again.

All he needs to do is make that apology on-air and most will forgive and forget his absurd rant.

feltdizz
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM

who cares????

I mean other than you.

I'll bet that 20 year old didn't look like a 20 year old nor did she advertise it. I live next to major university and I promise you that when they go out the girls look more 25 than 20.

but that goes for all chicks nowadays... if you live close to a university then you know first hand how easy it can be to bump into a 18 or 20 year old chick in a bar.

I don't want to rehash but anyone who has a "target" on his back shouldn't be in a college pub. IMO, of course.

It's over though... who cares. The more pub we give it the happier King, Bradshaw and every other media outlet are.

ScoreKeeper
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Well did anyone see media day NFL coverage???

Terry had a chat with Ben before the interview and looks like Terry might have apologized. He made a statement regarding his relation with Pittsburgh. I always screw things up with Pittsburgh.

Did anyone saw that clip???
I saw it. When asked first, before TB was asked, Ben said he (TB) didn't know all the facts before saying what he said and that they had a good talk before the interview. TB then said, pretty much, that he fu cked up.

feltdizz
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Well until Bradshaw goes on air and gives an apology to planetsteelers he is dead. Dead to us all. LOL!!!

hawaiiansteel
02-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Bradshaw to Roethlisberger: 'I got your back'

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FORT WORTH, Texas — Peace has apparently been made between Terry Bradshaw and Ben Roethlisberger.

The quarterbacks that have combined to win all six of the Steelers’ Super Bowls yet have had a chilly relationship talked privately today at Super Bowl Media Day and hugged afterward.

“We both came to a conclusion that we’re Steelers and we’re part of that family and I encouraged him and yesterday is yesterday and I got his back and I support him 100 percent,” said Bradshaw, an NFL analyst for FOX.

Bradshaw, one of only two quarterbacks to win four Super Bowls, has been critical of Roethlisberger in the past. He was particularly hard on Roethlisberger after the latter was accused of a sexual assault last March by a 20-year-old college student in Milledgeville, Ga.

Bradshaw has said on several occasions that Steelers founder Art Rooney would not have tolerated a second incident — Roethlisberger was also accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit filed in July of 2009 in Reno, Nev. — and traded or released him.

“I think Terry maybe spoke a little too soon without knowing some of the things and facts,” Roethlisberger said today. “He’s entitled to his opinion, he works for the media.”

Roethlisberger said his private chat with Bradshaw, which preceded a one-on-one interview with FOX, is the most the two have ever spoken.

“It was a good talk so I think everything’s good,” Roethlisberger said.

Bradshaw said he told Roethlisberger that he didn’t mean to hurt him with past comments. Bradshaw, however, said giving his opinion his part of his job and that he won’t hesitate to criticize Roethlisberger in the future if it is warranted.

“But I said, ‘I got your back and I’m here for you. I want you to break my records, I want you to win more Super Bowls than anybody and there’s no greater honor than for me to present you and the Rooney family another Super Bowl Trophy,’ ” Bradshaw said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1CkP1ITvV (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720834.html#ixzz1CkP1ITvV)

Crash
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Bradshaw has said on several occasions that Steelers founder Art Rooney would not have tolerated a second incident

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/ernie-holmes-dies-in-car-crash-age-59.jpg

sd steel
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Bradshaw has said on several occasions that Steelers founder Art Rooney would not have tolerated a second incident

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/ernie-holmes-dies-in-car-crash-age-59.jpg

Yeah, but Ernie was mentally ill. I think there might be a little difference.

Crash
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM

That's what they claimed. I think it was a clever way to keep him out of jail.

sd steel
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM

That's what they claimed. I think it was a clever way to keep him out of jail.

Maybe, but with that being said I think if the Chief were still around some Steelers might act a little differently, he was much more of an Paternal figure that alot of these guys might have respected more. I could be wrong, but he seemed to be able to touch everyone and had influence on alot of people in those locker rooms. To the point where second chances were not necessarily needed.

The Sodfather
02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
“I think Terry maybe spoke a little too soon without knowing some of the things and facts,” Roethlisberger said today. “He’s entitled to his opinion, he works for the media.”

Like I said earlier in the thread, some of you guys need to grow a sack.

Oviedo
02-02-2011, 08:47 AM

Like I said earlier in the thread, some of you guys need to grow a sack.

Just because he works for the media doesn't mean everyone has to accept or respect what he says. he isn't special. He has a 20+ year history of bad mouthing the team and city that gave him everything thing he has now. If you were alive and old enough to remember he was a party boy idiot when he was in Pittsburgh, essentially the Jeff Reed of the 70s. His personal life has been a joke. That's why so many of us see him as a hypocite for comments he made.

Being in the media doesn't give you permission to be a hypocite which is what many of us don't like. Even though we aren't media we too are entitled to our opinions so you can continue to play with your sack since you are so fixated on that part of anatomy.

The Sodfather
02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Most of you guys would be whining and crying no matter who said it. Spare me the "it's because he's a hypocrite" bullsheet. If anyone in the media, even other former Steelers, would have said the same thing yinz would still be whining just as much no matter what their past.

some of you guys are like a bunch of star struck teenage girls when it comes to Ben.

Grow a set ya bunch of Nancy boys.

feltdizz
02-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Most of you guys would be whining and crying no matter who said it. Spare me the "it's because he's a hypocrite" bullsheet. If anyone in the media, even other former Steelers, would have said the same thing yinz would still be whining just as much no matter what their past.

some of you guys are like a bunch of star struck teenage girls when it comes to Ben.

:Agree

feltdizz
02-02-2011, 09:32 AM

My Dad brought Ernie Holmes to my birthday party when I was like 2 years old. There is a photo of Holmes holding me at my Grandad's house. :tt2

My Dad and Ernie Holmes were real cool. :tt2

My Dad never said he was crazy but when he got angry he would do crazy s##T

feltdizz
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-bigbenbradshaw020111
Big Ben, Bradshaw address bad blood

ARLINGTON, Texas – They were face-to-face now in the bowels of Cowboys Stadium, outside Locker Room C that Fox Sports had converted into an interview room. Here on Tuesday morning was the great Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback of the past (Terry Bradshaw) and the present (Ben Roethlisberger(notes)), and absolutely no one knew what was going to happen next.

The relationship between the two was toxic.

Last March, Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in Milledgeville, Ga. When news broke, Bradshaw began shredding him in a series of interviews, even suggesting that if the Steelers original owner, Art Rooney, was still alive Roethlisberger would’ve been shipped out of town.

“I think Terry spoke a little too soon, before he knew all the facts,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday of an incident that led to no legal charges but ultimately a four-game NFL suspension.

Of all the criticism that rained down on him, Bradshaw’s repeated eviscerations may have stung the most.

“I’ve got two girls,” Bradshaw said of his 21- and 23-year-old daughters. “And anybody that is involved in mistreating women, it doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t know all the facts. Maybe I rushed to judgment too quickly. But it was just because it was the second time [Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault in 2008 also].

“That influenced my hostility because if that happened to my little girls …” Bradshaw couldn’t even finish the thought.

This is what Roethlisberger has wrought. This is what Roethlisberger must repair. He may not have been charged with a crime in Georgia, but his actions were boorish and ugly. It crystallized his reputation as a low-life who just happened to be blessed with a strong arm.

The quarterback has spent this Super Bowl week trying to tell people he is a changed man as he prepares for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Now staring into the face of Bradshaw he would have a chance to show it to perhaps his greatest critic.

The two hadn’t spoken in person since the incident. According to Bradshaw, Roethlisberger refused to shake his hand at Steelers training camp last summer, a scene Bradshaw described as “icy cold.” Their only interaction was a brief, shallow interview during Sunday’s Pro Bowl telecast.

“He doesn’t like me, and I’m learning not to like him,” Bradshaw said last offseason.

Now Bradshaw wanted a sit-down interview and no one knew what Roethlisberger would do. The old Ben may have walked away. Or screamed in Bradshaw’s face. Or slugged someone. Who knows? “We weren’t sure he would sit down with me,” Bradshaw said. “Everyone was nervous.”

The normally unflappable Fox Sports crew was on edge. Well, everyone except for Bradshaw, who still maintains his cool-in-the-pocket-demeanor.

“Terry was calming me down,” co-host Howie Long said.

Bradshaw was going to try to defuse the entire situation, approaching Roethlisberger immediately. “Terry wanted to talk to me,” Roethlisberger said. “He pulled me aside.”

Inside Locker Room C they went. It was set up for an interview but in order to clear the air, Bradshaw cleared the place out. Cameramen, sound technicians, producers and everyone else was told to leave. Fox producer Scott Ackerson had come up with the idea that if Roethlisberger was willing to speak to Bradshaw at all, they should first do it alone, man-to-man, eye-to-eye, Steeler-to-Steeler. If peace could be reached, then they’d turn on the cameras.

“Take everyone else out of the room, let the two of us sit down and have a talk,” Bradshaw said. “And if you want to get it off your chest, get it off.”

They went back and forth for a few minutes, Bradshaw said. The bad blood had dated back to Bradshaw criticizing Roethlisberger for getting in a 2006 motorcycle accident. Some in the Roethlisberger camp believed Bradshaw was unduly harsh on Roethlisberger because he feared his record of four Super Bowl championships was in jeopardy.

Then came that drunken night in Georgia that left Bradshaw convinced he was right all along.

Roethlisberger didn’t provide any new facts about the case, according to Bradshaw. They both aired their various points of view. Roethlisberger was seeking fairness, perspective and understanding. He was asking for a second chance. He kept addressing his elder as “Sir” and “Mr. Bradshaw.”

Bradshaw, meanwhile, wanted Roethlisberger to know he wasn’t jealous and he wanted him to break all his records. He then defended his role as tell-it-like-it-is television analyst.

Bradshaw quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl title seasons in the ’70s.
(Jason Bridge/US Presswire)

“I did say to him, that for my comments, if I feel it’s necessary to say I’m sorry, ‘I’m sorry,’ ” Bradshaw said. “But basically I’m just doing my job. I don’t want to hurt anybody. I’m just in an unfortunate business where if you ask me a question I have to answer it honestly and if I don’t answer it truthfully then I’m not respected.”

According to Bradshaw, Roethlisberger was both humble about his failures and hopeful about his future. There are many people who don’t believe the sincerity of either of those things and, at one point, Bradshaw was probably the chief among them. Somewhere in that converted locker room, he changed his mind.

“Of course people say, ‘Oh, it’s not real,’” Bradshaw said. “I think it’s totally real.”

Time will tell, which is what Roethlisberger says he understands. “Just keep plugging away,” he said of proving himself to the public. Stay out of trouble and do the right thing and perhaps, one day, the focus on him won’t be about the mistakes he’s made. It’s up to the people though. He isn’t owed forgiveness.

If fans seek signs of progress, of maturity, then maybe this is a small one. Last summer Ben Roethlisberger wouldn’t shake Terry Bradshaw’s hand, too much anger getting in the way of reconciliation. Tuesday, the two Steelers legends ended their discussion with a hug.

“We just both came to the conclusion that we’re Steelers, we’re part of that family,” Bradshaw said. “And I encouraged him that yesterday is yesterday and that I have his back and I support him 100 percent.

“But if he screws up again … I’ll do it again.”

ikestops85
02-02-2011, 10:45 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/threadbombs/Thread%20Bombs/text_try_again.gif