PDA

View Full Version : Run B.J. Raji ragged

aggiebones
01-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Clearly Legs ain't gonna bash Raji into submission. Pouncey either for that matter.

But how's his endurance? Likely not great. He's a big fat arse.

So early in the game, I'd go into shotgun. Block outside hard and forget completely about Raji. Maybe chip him and let him go. Roll Ben left or right. Yes, it cuts down the field. Make Raji chase Ben about 10 times to the sidelines. Prevent any pressure from the outside on Ben. Ignore Raji and let him just do windspints from side to side.
How long before he just passes out :)

sentinel33
01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
it will take creative strategies like this for legursky to be successful. lets hope arians can conjure up a few remedies.

jj28west
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
AB,

You beat me to it. I wanted to start a thread that forces me to get over it in that Pouncey will not play and what can BA do to buffer this nasty pass rush the Pack brings. I have seen them beat up Michael Vick pretty good and even Brady.

Maybe just maybe the plays that the Steeler junky fan base see that we think are so predictable will come as surprises out of those recognizable personnel formations.

For example when Legursky is at FB, let DJ pretend to fall down while blocking and slip out. Or that play where they go three TE heavy to the right where Mendy ran for the TD in OT against the Falcons. Or the bubble bunch screen that the Jets had a hard time reading.

Northern_Blitz
01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I had this in another thread, but I'd also like to see liberal use of the no huddle. Keep Raji from getting rests. Get his a$$ tired.

aggiebones
01-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Legs has some speed for an OL, can he pull or his just pretty fast in a straight line. Pouncey pulls well obviously, so maybe Legs can keep those plays alive.

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm just glad we don't have to try to tackle him...

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bj-raji1.jpghttp://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__14/ept_sports_nfl_experts-812680016-1243371587.jpg?ymDxeUBDQEJ049_T

jj28west
01-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Raji also lines up at fullback, guard and even declares himself elligible for a pass at times.

SidSmythe
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Keep him on the field by Running the Ball. Don't give him a breather.

If that doesn't work, then get him off the field by passing the ball.

If that doesn't work then throw a pick to the fat bastid at the 1 yard line and don't tackle him. Make him weave in and out of traffic and collapse in the end zone.

fezziwig
01-31-2011, 10:15 AM
For sure they'll need to game plan for Legursky to deal with their nose tackle. They are used to this with having Mayhan and Hartwig. I would hope Legursky is better than the two mentioned.

As happy as I was with Legursky and his step up to the plate when called upon he, was getting pushed around during the Jets game. Pouncey was the reason our run game started to get better or at least gained better stats.

Oh well, we will just have to see the outcome this Super Bowl Sunday.

Djfan
02-01-2011, 12:56 AM
The Pack doesn't allow the RUTM very often. They really excel at defending that.

We should not rely on that play, and hope we get more creative than to run into his gut too often.

aggiebones
02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Sid, that is funny. Let him run from the 1 to the other 1, then poke the ball out of the back of the endzone as he tries to airplane into the EZ again.

Is it me or does he look like the troll in the movie Lord of the Rings in that picture above.