PDA

View Full Version : Are the Pack Making Mistakes?

AkronSteel
01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I know it can be over-blown a little with the Super Bowl experience factor but are the Packers making mistakes with preparation and letting outside influences effect their game planning?

McCarthy gave them the entire week off until Friday and from what the experts say you really need to get most of your game planning and preparation done the week before you leave for the Super Bowl site. I found it interesting that he gave them the whole week off until Friday. It seems they may try to do some of their work while in Dallas while also dealing with all the outside distractions. Could McCarthy be making mistakes with his schedule? What is his schedule going to look like in Dallas? What will he set as his curfew? What will he allow his players to do once they get to Dallas?

Plus this whole team photo thing seems to be festering a life of its own! I know that it might be a small thing but I know I wouldn't want Big Ben having to call an injured Lawrence Timmons and iron things out over a stupid photo. It seems like they are letting things get in the way already and they are not even in Dallas yet.

Just a thought?? What do all you guys and girls think??

Chavezz
01-30-2011, 05:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It may not be a huge deal but it is going to affect them. The game is big enough on its own. Add in stupid distractions, first time coach and team, young qb, no running game etc. I see greenbay starting out very similar to how the jets started out last week. I think the difference next week will be that we won't take our foot off the gas.

sentinel33
01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
We have to have a boot-on-the-throat mentality about this game. the Packers are to good both offensively and defensively to let up on the pedal. there is no such thing as running up the score.

Steelers. ALL THE WAY

TallyStiller
01-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Dwight White was still pi$$ed 30 yearsafter the fact over being left out of the SB IX team photo... no effect reported on the game's outcome :Cheers :tt2

StarSpangledSteeler
01-30-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the biggest deal is taking the week off. I realize they haven't had a bye in forever but you better take advantage of the extra time to prepare for the Steelers. We aren't the Bears. We will confuse you. Then we will hit you in the mouth. Then we will capitalize by scoring points. If you think you can beat us with 3-4 days of practice good luck to you.

Chachi
01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I can't wait for the photo shoot on Friday. The entire world will be watching, waiting for some sign of discord. The team is going to be so stressed out from making extra sure that nothing can happen that can then be (mis)read by the media and blown all hell out of proportion.

DAMN! It's gonna be fun!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Does Raji like Mexican food? :wink:

(In a little cafe, just the other side of the border ....)

flippy
01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
It shows the lack of respect the Packers have for their players. Not bringing IR players to Dallas with the team. Not including them in the photos. And now Aaron Rodgers calling out IR guys for not rehabbing in Green Bay.

Lack of leadership starts at the top.

And continues down to the players.

Why in the heck is Aaron Rodgers calling out teammates in the media? This is unthinkable.

But then again, maybe it's a ploy to take pressure off everyone else.

spyboots
02-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Maybe I heard wrong, but I thought they said (early in the Total Access show) that the Packers had practiced for 9 days straight.

Chachi
02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Maybe I heard wrong, but I thought they said (early in the Total Access show) that the Packers had practiced for 9 days straight.

The WILL BE practicing for 9 days straight.

Having off until this last Friday means they will practice every day until the game, Friday to the next Saturday is 9 days.

IIRC, the Steelers will have a day or 2 in there "off".