PDA

View Full Version : Shefter says no way for Pouncey to play

steelerkeylargo
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
says he is 100% out.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Hopefully Doug is ready to play the game of his life, an error free game, & the Steelers understand that he won't be able to play 'up to the standard' that Pouncey has set for the C position on this Steelers offense and gameplan around this possible weakness.

frankthetank1
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
i didnt think he would play but part of me still had hope he would. this sucks but its fitting for this season. we lose colon before the season starts then we lose starks around mid-season and now pouncey is out for the SB. at least ben and legursky have had a lot of time to work together

Mister Pittsburgh
01-30-2011, 01:45 PM
i didnt think he would play but part of me still had hope he would. this sucks but its fitting for this season. we lose colon before the season starts then we lose starks around mid-season and now pouncey is out for the SB. at least ben and legursky have had a lot of time to work together
:Agree

Kind of amazing we are in this game if you ask me. Tomlin is coach of the year in my book.

papillon
01-30-2011, 02:17 PM

Kind of amazing we are in this game if you ask me. Tomlin is coach of the year in my book.

Isn't that the truth? The Steelers are a good solid football team from top to bottom, including the coaching staff and front office.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Isn't that the truth? The Steelers are a good solid football team from top to bottom, including the coaching staff and front office.

Pappy

If this season doesn't silence the critics who swear by "Tomlin as overpaid janitor only winning because of Cowher's players" and the "Colbert's brain fart trust" personnel department, then nothing ever will.

JDSteeler
01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
says he is 100% out.

NFLN also reporting that Pouncy is out...

That's sad for a guy to come all this way, and not be able to play
in the game he's been dreaming about since childhood...

As long as Legursky can hike the friggin rock, and it gets into Ben's hands,
the Steelers will be fine.

The standard is the standard!!!!

JD

Mister Pittsburgh
01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Legursky runs like a 4.8 40yds which is amazing for a guy as big as him. We should snap it to ben in the shotgun a few times after spreading them out and have Mendy as the lone back, then pull out Kemo and Legursky to lead the charge on some pitches. Get their fatty's off the field by spreading them out, then have our two bulls charge.

SidSmythe
01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah Yeah ... and the beat goes on ...nuttin' anyone can do about it except try to WIN

sentinel33
01-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I really think Kugler deserves alot of the credit with the O-line. In his first season with the Steelers and faced with huge adversity before a meaningful snap was attempted. just a fantastic job of keeping the unit together and playing the best that they can. Working pieces in and out of this spot and that spot. Trying to find a good balance while dealing wwith injuries. Professional job. I tip my hat.