PDA

View Full Version : If L.T. was drafted by the bungles...

JTP53609
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
or the browns/ravens for that matter, I am thinking he would have half of the accomplishments he has set, he played in the putrid AFC West for his career and every time he has played us he has looked average at best. Of course we would never know since this is just my opinion, but he would have been just like all the other average backs because he would not make it in the tough AFC North,.....
On a side note I have never really like him that much, Cutler was getting bombarded this week for going out of the NFC championship game but a few years ago Tomlinson did too and he sat in the corner with his helmet on, but nobody questioned him at all ...

sd steel
01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
or the browns/ravens for that matter, I am thinking he would have half of the accomplishments he has set, he played in the putrid AFC West for his career and every time he has played us he has looked average at best. Of course we would never know since this is just my opinion, but he would have been just like all the other average backs because he would not make it in the tough AFC North,.....
On a side note I have never really like him that much, Cutler was getting bombarded this week for going out of the NFC championship game but a few years ago Tomlinson did too and he sat in the corner with his helmet on, but nobody questioned him at all ...

If you lived in SD you would know your last statement is completely false. As for LT, he came into a good situation in SD, his first years they relied on him primarily for most of their offensive output, then once they got a passing game with Gates and some of their big receivers he was able to be used more in open space. He was a great player for the Chargers for many years, but I think alot of the public soured on him as he became discontent in his role with the Chargers, basically him not being the main focus of the offense and not making it to the Super Bowl year after year. Although he never had big games against the Steelers, he was much more than just an average back in my opinion, and I don't particuliarly care for him.

MaxAMillion
01-30-2011, 06:06 PM

Completely false...LT did get questioned about not playing repeatedly. It was pointed out that Rivers played and LT did not in the AFC championship game. Deion questioned LT just like he questioned Cutler.

Sanders said he was under the impression that Tomlinson was close to 100 percent. “I have expectations, and when you don’t meet my expectations, you open yourself for us to try to guess,” Sanders said. “Now what’s the problem? You’re a big-time player. And big-time players must play big-time games.”

Sanders also said he thought Tomlinson’s injury would need to warrant a surgery “for him to get a pass on this one.”
Tomlinson didn’t appreciate hearing that.

I hate when generalizations are made that "no one" questioned anyone or "everyone did this or that". It is a disingenuous argument technique.

Sonny
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I think you can say this about almost any back. Put Chris Johnson in this division and does he put up 2000 and 1400(?) yards in back to back years?

JTP53609
02-01-2011, 09:17 AM

Completely false...LT did get questioned about not playing repeatedly. It was pointed out that Rivers played and LT did not in the AFC championship game. Deion questioned LT just like he questioned Cutler.

Sanders said he was under the impression that Tomlinson was close to 100 percent. “I have expectations, and when you don’t meet my expectations, you open yourself for us to try to guess,” Sanders said. “Now what’s the problem? You’re a big-time player. And big-time players must play big-time games.”

Sanders also said he thought Tomlinson’s injury would need to warrant a surgery “for him to get a pass on this one.”
Tomlinson didn’t appreciate hearing that.

I hate when generalizations are made that "no one" questioned anyone or "everyone did this or that". It is a disingenuous argument technique.

I did not surround myself around the t.v. during that week of championship sunday like I did last week, and I dont even know if tweeter was around 3 years ago, but I think for players to question his toughness is bush league and I dont remember players questioning tomlinsons toughness via internet or texting.....
In addition, jones drew of the jaguars is a jag, he is questioning his tougness but did he not miss the last 2 games this year for the jags because he was hurt, those 2 games were very important for the jags but he missed them...

proudpittsburgher
02-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I think you can say this about almost any back. Put Chris Johnson in this division and does he put up 2000 and 1400(?) yards in back to back years?

2 games against he Colts and 2 against the Texans should be good for 6 or 7 hundred yards alone. :)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Any RB who plays for the Browns or Bengals must face the Steelers or Ravens D for 25% of their season. For that matter, the Browns are also solid in YPA

Steelers - 1st - 3.0 YPA (second place was 3.5 YPA)
Ravens - T7th - 3.9 YPA
Browns - 12th - 4.1 YPA
Bengals - T20th - 4.4 YPA

On a different note.......

Packers - T28th - 4.7 YPA

aggiebones
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
That was the first thing I thought about when Cutler was sitting out. I remember LT getting a little heat, but he's not a QB. But he sat over there like he was a disinterested fan.

With Cutler, I had the problem where he should have been holding the backups hands and not being standoffish. Neither play has really played their way into my heart, that's for sure.

As for LT's career, he's a poor man's Marshal Faulk at best.

sd steel
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
That was the first thing I thought about when Cutler was sitting out. I remember LT getting a little heat, but he's not a QB. But he sat over there like he was a disinterested fan.

With Cutler, I had the problem where he should have been holding the backups hands and not being standoffish. Neither play has really played their way into my heart, that's for sure.

And Emmit Smith is a poor man's LT. We can play that game all day long. It's funny I'm even arguing this because I dislike LT, but to say he was not a top tier back is a seriously flawed statement. As for the argument about playing in the AFCN, I think I remember Jamal Lewis putting up yards in our division, and I don't think he was LT's caliber.

As far as Cutler goes, he quit in my opinion, and the Bears decided not to throw him under the bus. Ben would have played, Rivers would have played, and did play on a worse knee injury.

Shawn
02-02-2011, 05:46 AM
I would have loved to have seen LT in the Black n Gold during his prime. He did everything well. He had speed, power, vision, cut back ability and was a WR in the backfield. I'm not sure a more complete RB ever played the game.

JTP53609
02-02-2011, 08:16 AM

And Emmit Smith is a poor man's LT. We can play that game all day long. It's funny I'm even arguing this because I dislike LT, but to say he was not a top tier back is a seriously flawed statement. As for the argument about playing in the AFCN, I think I remember Jamal Lewis putting up yards in our division, and I don't think he was LT's caliber.

As far as Cutler goes, he quit in my opinion, and the Bears decided not to throw him under the bus. Ben would have played, Rivers would have played, and did play on a worse knee injury.

This is opinionated board, sometimes people say things that are not fact but based on what we think, I never said he was not a top tier back, all I am saying is if he played in the AFCN, than he would have not have come near the stats he had,....
Tushay on the Jamal Lewis comment, in 03 he had a great year, of course the Steelers won 6 games that year, something we have only done 2 times in 20 plus years. ....

I tell you what thought, I think Maruice Jones Drew is a hypocrite, for him to call Cutler out more so than any player in the league all while he sat out the last 2 games of the seaon which were crucial for the jags is beyond ridiculous, I cant stand Jones Drew or whatever last name he goes by.