PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Advantage?

flippy
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Is it any kind of advantage that the Steelers had a bye week and played one less game than Green Bay?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-29-2011, 01:34 AM
I'd think so, if for no other reason that Troy got that extra week off (Achilles, and all).

Whatever rust may have formed got shaken off against the Jets, I believe.

I haven't heard that the week hurt the Pack in terms of making a difference in their average injury level.

Discipline of Steel
01-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I think it makes it more likely they have an emotional letdown after three fairly tough games. We had a mini-letdown 2nd half Jets so hopefully its two halves of inspired ball against the Packers.

SidSmythe
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
The Packers are a young team so it really doesn't matter as much

but for the Steelers they needed it, especially w/ aging vets.

papillon
01-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Experience in the biggest game of urge entire season will be huge, IMO

Pappy

SteelAbility
01-29-2011, 11:58 AM
It's an advantage. All the hits/dings add up. They tend to manifest themselves late in the game.

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
The Packers did not have wildcard weekend off like we did (their last break was in week 10), so they basically treated this week as their bye, and plan to do all their practicing (along with all of the other media obligations and other assorted distractions) next week in Dallas. That's going to be awfully tough when these guys haven't experienced all the Super Bowl hoopla before.

Meanwhile, since we were able to rest our guys just a few short weeks ago, we got in a lot of good practice this week in Pittsburgh before traveling down to Dallas where they would be sure to face plenty of distractions. Tomlin was able to rest the guys who needed rest because of injury, but everyone else got some good work in at our own HQ before traveling down to the big stage. I think that is a huge benefit for us.

rpmpit
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
The Packers will use the "no break" excuse when we beat them on Sunday. I've been hearing that all week from Jets fans around here. They were tired. That's why they lost. Bunch of crap :evil:

Oviedo
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
The Packers are a young team so it really doesn't matter as much

but for the Steelers they needed it, especially w/ aging vets.

I agree. We needed the bye more than any other team in the play offs.

ikestops85
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
The Pack is coming off three tough wins on the road to get to the SB. It would not surprise me to see them start the game off a little flat similar to the way we started SB XL. If they do we need to jump on them with both feet and keep them down as long as possible. They are a good team and have the ability to score quickly and often so we can't get complacent.

flippy
01-31-2011, 11:58 AM
The Packers did not have wildcard weekend off like we did (their last break was in week 10), so they basically treated this week as their bye, and plan to do all their practicing (along with all of the other media obligations and other assorted distractions) next week in Dallas. That's going to be awfully tough when these guys haven't experienced all the Super Bowl hoopla before.

Meanwhile, since we were able to rest our guys just a few short weeks ago, we got in a lot of good practice this week in Pittsburgh before traveling down to Dallas where they would be sure to face plenty of distractions. Tomlin was able to rest the guys who needed rest because of injury, but everyone else got some good work in at our own HQ before traveling down to the big stage. I think that is a huge benefit for us.

I thought I heard Rodgers say they've got their gameplan finalized.