View Full Version : SKL's Senior Bowl Practice Week Report

steelerkeylargo
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/?p=2334

Oviedo
01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Great work SKL. Thank you.

Some questions:

1. Do you really think Hudson has the bulk to play OG right away?

2. Between the two Colorado CBs who do you think best fits for our defense. Personally, I really like Jimmy Smith (Round 1) because of his coverage skills, but sounds like Brown may be a good alternative in Round 2 or 3.

I did read a month ago somewhere else that Ziemba was going to have to move inside.

steelerkeylargo
01-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Some questions:

2. Between the two Colorado CBs who do you think best fits for our defense. Personally, I really like Jimmy Smith (Round 1) because of his coverage skills, but sounds like Brown may be a good alternative in Round 2 or 3.

I did read a month ago somewhere else that Ziemba was going to have to move inside.

1) What Hudson lacks in bulk he makes up in outstanding fundamentals....I don't think he fits every scheme but he will be a solid player for a long time.

2) I doubt Smith will be available to us at 1/32....I really like Brown alot and he stood out to me all year. Mostly as noone really threw much at Smith. Brown is definitely good for our scheme. I think he may go in the top half of the 3rd round.

steelblood
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Granted, I didn't see many reps on TV. But, Taylor made Hudson look silly a few times. I think Hudson will struggle with the mountain man type in the NFL. But, I was impressed with Hudson's technique and athleticism.

Thanks for the report. Keep up the good work. We appreciate all of this info.

Oviedo
01-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Some questions:

1) What Hudson lacks in bulk he makes up in outstanding fundamentals....I don't think he fits every scheme but he will be a solid player for a long time.

2) I doubt Smith will be available to us at 1/32....I really like Brown alot and he stood out to me all year. Mostly as noone really threw much at Smith. Brown is definitely good for our scheme. I think he may go in the top half of the 3rd round.

I'm liking Marcus Cannon more and more. Thoughts?

Would he be available at 2/64?

steelerkeylargo
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Some questions:

I'm liking Marcus Cannon more and more. Thoughts?

Would he be available at 2/64?

I did tape on 3 of Cannon's games this year. He is a punishing run blocker. He really struggles with speed rushers and I think he is best at guard. I think he would be decent value at 2/64, but it would not be my ideal choice. I don't think he fits our system (pulling & trapping) well. He could be a decent RTO though. He is more of a Cowboys type lineman.

hawaiiansteel
01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Todd McShay today mentioned two players who are standing out at the Senior Bowl practices so far:

1) NT Phil Taylor of Baylor - McShay compares Taylor to B.J. Raji and who at 6'3 1/2" and 337 lbs is the ideal 3-4 NT

2) WR Vincent Brown of San Diego St - averaged over 19 yds/rec in college and is getting open often and catching everything in practice.

steelerkeylargo
01-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Todd McShay today mentioned two players who are standing out at the Senior Bowl practices so far:

1) NT Phil Taylor of Baylor - McShay compares Taylor to B.J. Raji and who at 6'3 1/2" and 337 lbs is the ideal 3-4 NT

2) WR Vincent Brown of San Diego St - averaged over 19 yds/rec in college and is getting often and catching everything in practice.

Taylor & Brown are both in my notes. Taylor is a guy who with a strong combine could warrant a late 1st round consideration. Brown is very similar to Austin Pettis.

Irongut
01-28-2011, 10:15 PM

2) WR Vincent Brown of San Diego St - averaged over 19 yds/rec in college and is getting often and catching everything in practice.

Taylor & Brown are both in my notes. Taylor is a guy who with a strong combine could warrant a late 1st round consideration. Brown is very similar to Austin Pettis.
Taylor I'd take. I'd take Pettis over Brown anyday of the week.