PDA

View Full Version : Question for board experts...

anger 82&95
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Which offensive is /was more talented, the team the Packers will field in the upcoming game, or the one the Steelers faced in their last super bowl experience against the Cardinals?

Iron Shiek
01-28-2011, 08:52 AM
(EDIT: I'm no expert by any means!)

I'd say they are pretty similar in that neither could really run the ball with much success and had mediocre lines. Warner/Rodgers are pretty comparable. However at WR/TE positions the Packers are much better than Cards were. While Cards boasted Fitzgerald, that was their main threat. I don't consider Boldin a huge threat, and as we saw in the last Rats game, he isn't. They really had no depth and no TE to speak of. Packers are very deep. I think Jennings and Driver are one of the soundest WR tandems in terms of mechanics and getting open. Plus James Jones and Jordy Nelson are basically in that same mold. Finley their TE has been out all year which benefits the Steelers greatly, but Donald Lee/Quarless aren't terrible TEs either.

Packers Offense > Cards '08 Offense

SidSmythe
01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
We faced the Packers last year ... it's the Packers defense that has stepped up since then.

steelblood
01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
First, I'm no expert, but imho...

Aaron Rogers > Kurt Warner

Rogers has Warner like vision and accuracy and is a fantastic athlete who will probably run for 50 yards and a TD against us. I'd really say the rest of the players are a wash. I do think that McCarthy is a fantastic play caller and designer.

PSU_dropout43
01-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Kurt Warner > Aaron Rodgers

Larry Fitzgerald >> Greg Jennings

Anquan Boldin >> James Jones

Steve Breaston < Donald Driver

Jerheme Urban < Jordy Nelson

Crash
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Kurt Warner > Aaron Rodgers

Larry Fitzgerald >> Greg Jennings

Anquan Boldin >> James Jones

Steve Breaston < Donald Driver

Jerheme Urban < Jordy Nelson

I would agree with that.

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm just hoping that, come next Sunday, that:

Roethlisberger > Rodgers

Wallace > Jennings

Ward > Driver

Sanders > Jones

Brown > Nelson

Mendenhall > Starks

Miller > Quarless

Spaeth > Lee

flippy
01-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd give the edge to Arizona's offense. Warner to Fitz is a nearly indefensible combo. Then you add in the short stuff to Boldin and the backs and Warner's quick decision making and Arizona made you defend the entire field.

With Green Bay, you have to mainly worry about Rodgers' mobility and defending the deep ball. And outside of Jennings, the other WRs are just above average. A little overrated imho.