PDA

View Full Version : SB experience - Advantage Steelers

Steelgal
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I haven't heard much of the media bring this up yet, but it's still early. The Steelers have a HUGE edge in SB experience. There's another thread that talks about the number of Steelers that already have 2 rings and are going for their third.

I read somewhere that the Steelers have 25 players that were on the prior SB teams. Green Bay has 2 (and one is an ex-Steeler).

I still remember SB XL and Ben's performance. I'm pretty sure after the game he said he was really nervous and that affected his play. I heard Hines say in an interview this week that he was so hyped up for XL, he overdid it in warmups and was tired at the start of the game.

I know some of the coaches of the Packers have SB experience, but it's one thing to tell your players how to try and handle it and another to know for yourself.

I think this could be a huge advantage for the Steelers.

NW Steeler
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
I pointed this out in another thread, although at the time I thought that GB had zero players with SB experience, but indeed it is two. I think it could be an advantage, especially early in the game, even if it is a slight one.

Steelgal
01-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I figure by the end of the first quarter, all the nerves should be gone by the Packers. But hopefully that'll allow the Steelers to jump out to an early lead and take the momentum.

Starlifter
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
drew brees played pretty good last year. lack of experience CAN be a factor - but I wouldn't count on it slowing down rodgers.

NW Steeler
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Maybe not Rodgers, but hopefully their D will be a little too amped up to start and we can give them a healthy dose of Rashard.