PDA

View Full Version : painted endzones

JTP53609
01-26-2011, 10:59 AM
I know it is 11 days away, but for some reason I am always interested in how the field looks for the Super Bowl, I just like the colors and logos on the field. One thing that I always want to come back are the helmets in the team endzones. Of the Steelers first 5 super bowls we had the helmets painted in each corner with the logo on one and the AFC logo on the other, the last 2 super bowls we have just had the logo in one corner and the AFC logo in the other. Does anyone else remember the way the endzones use to look or am I just crazy??
Also, we are the road team because every year it rotates and this year we are the road team just as we were 2 years ago, so I am guessing we wear white unless green bay does what we did in 05 and they wear their good luck whites even though they are the home team.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
For me, no matter what the end zone design happens to be, I'm just ecstatic that they have to paint one of the end zones IN COWBOY STADIUM a lovely shade of Steeler gold.

:tt2 :tt1

Yup...we are wearing the white jerseys, but like for SBXL and SBXLIII (and the first one, SBIX for that matter).

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p9515665dt.jpg