PDA

View Full Version : Jets Edwards and Samchez party all night after loss

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
After the New York Jets were defeated by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game on Sunday, Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edwards reportedly partied in New York City until early Monday morning.

According to the New York Post, Sanchez and Edwards, who partied all night after beating the New England Patriots in the Divisional round, "spent more than $2,500" at Chelsea's Juliet Supper Club.

Edwards arrived with six others at 2:30 a.m. after the flight back from Pittsburgh and Sanchez apparently didn't know that his receiver was already there.

The Jets quarterback was said to have been "chatting up the pretty bartender" while Edwards ordered tequila shots for his table.

Edwards reportedly went into the deejay booth and told the crowd that the Jets would be back next season.

A source told Page Six that the club "got all the players drivers" due to Edwards' DUI charge last September.

WTF? Goodell should suspend Edwards. Dude killed a person and he is out at 2:30 am after a game getting the party started? Idiot.

Sugar
01-26-2011, 12:04 AM
The guy had a driver, so no harm.

That had to be an uncomfortable flight home. But there had to be a certain release to the season being over after the last number of weeks in a win or go home mentality.

Crash
01-26-2011, 12:10 AM
So Sanchez has one arrest for suspicion of sexual assault after earlier getting loaded in a So Cal bar, and yet here he is 5 years later putting himself in position again?

I say suspend him. What has he learned from his past mistakes?

aggiebones
01-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Driver or no driver, he still should be prohibited from alcohol by the league, the courts or someone. Geez.

Crash
01-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Driver or no driver, he still should be prohibited from alcohol by the league, the courts or someone. Geez.

That's the NFL! Stay out of clubs but we'll take millions in beer sponsorships.

Irongut
01-26-2011, 12:39 AM
WTF? Goodell should suspend Edwards. Dude killed a person and he is out at 2:30 am after a game getting the party started? Idiot.
when did Edwards kill somebody?

Irongut
01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
So Sanchez has one arrest for suspicion of sexual assault after earlier getting loaded in a So Cal bar, and yet here he is 5 years later putting himself in position again?

I say suspend him. What has he learned from his past mistakes?

Are you even for real? You can't possibly really believe this.

eniparadoxgma
01-26-2011, 12:44 AM
After the New York Jets were defeated by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game on Sunday, Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edwards reportedly partied in New York City until early Monday morning.

According to the New York Post, Sanchez and Edwards, who partied all night after beating the New England Patriots in the Divisional round, "spent more than $2,500" at Chelsea's Juliet Supper Club.

Edwards arrived with six others at 2:30 a.m. after the flight back from Pittsburgh and Sanchez apparently didn't know that his receiver was already there.

The Jets quarterback was said to have been "chatting up the pretty bartender" while Edwards ordered tequila shots for his table.

Edwards reportedly went into the deejay booth and told the crowd that the Jets would be back next season.

A source told Page Six that the club "got all the players drivers" due to Edwards' DUI charge last September.

You thinking of Stallworth?

Crash
01-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Stallworth killed a man but Edwards has a DUI case active, was with Stallworth in the bar that night, and is facing possible jail time for probation violation.

Clear patterns of behavior for Edwards. He should sit.

Irongut
01-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Stallworth killed a man but Edwards has a DUI case active, was with Stallworth in the bar that night, and is facing possible jail time for probation violation.

Clear patterns of behavior for Edwards. He should sit.
The alcohol program is pretty clear and governed by the CBA. If it's his second offense, he'll sit 4 games.

The probation thing is clear and not an issue as far as I read.

I see no issue with them celebrating their season, especially since they had drivers.

Stallworth's actions have no bearing on Edwards.

NJ-STEELER
01-26-2011, 01:40 AM
our possible Starting center for the SB was in a bar past 1 am too sunday night/monday morning

feltdizz
01-26-2011, 09:29 AM

You thinking of Stallworth?

oops... my bad. :oops: party on.

feltdizz
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
our possible Starting center for the SB was in a bar past 1 am too sunday night/monday morning

but we won! LOL...

seriously though.. 1 AM is not an issue IMO.

To start partying at 2:30 AM with a DUI on your resume could be a problem.

Best believe if Edwards wasn't on the cities good side like Plex that line about the drivers being provided wouldn't have been included.

The Sodfather
01-26-2011, 09:54 AM

I hope you bought him a beer. He deserved it.

:tt1 :tt1

Wow two young guys out all night in NYC. What a shocking story.

JAR
01-26-2011, 10:07 AM

So was Hines. And Wallace and Kemo and Ike and so on and so on.

Go into any Southside bar on any given night and you are going to find Steelers players. They're in the NFL, not a monestary.

proudpittsburgher
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I know we take this stuff more seriously than most, but how in the hell do you feel like partying after just losing the AFC title game a few hours before? I would like to think that you wouldn't feel like it, especially considering you didn't get back into NY until after midnight.

Sugar
01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
I know we take this stuff more seriously than most, but how in the hell do you feel like partying after just losing the AFC title game a few hours before? I would like to think that you wouldn't feel like it, especially considering you didn't get back into NY until after midnight.

First off, 2:30am in NYC is no big thing. Aside from that, after all the physical and emotional stress that these guys had just been involved in, having fun and a few drinks probably felt like just what the doctor ordered. They will be taking this loss with them for a long time, but it doesn't mean they'll go catatonic or something.

feltdizz
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I posted this story because I got Edwards confused with Stallworth...

JTP53609
01-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I cant stand when fans and the media treat athletes like God, I love the Steelers Football team as much as anyone else, but if I see one of them at the store I am not going to go gaga over them and look like an idiot.
Big deal they went to a bar at 2:30, who cares, In my opinion only bad things happen at 2 in the morning at nightclubs

Ghost
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Complete non story. As Sugar mentioned, 2:30 is prime time in NYC. In my single days, I've personally been out all night in that city. LOTS of people do it. So two young, single, wealthy, young guys went to a club. Ummmmm.....yeah? So? Good for them.

I don't think this says one thing about them. I have no idea how they felt about the loss but having a few drinks and chasing hot tail seems like a decent way to get over it.

Crash
01-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Edwards is no prize either. He's facing possible jail time for probation violation as well.

Irongut
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Edwards is no prize either. He's facing possible jail time for probation violation as well.
He should hire Ben and Ray Ray's lawyer.

NJ-STEELER
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM

So was Hines. And Wallace and Kemo and Ike and so on and so on.

Go into any Southside bar on any given night and you are going to find Steelers players. They're in the NFL, not a monestary.

i didn't say that trying to bashing them.

just stating something i saw.

some of our "fans" prefer all the players tucked in bed by 11pm finishing their nightly prayers at 10:55pm

and BTW, the bar (mcfaddens) announced they were staying open until 5 am that morning after learning 2 steeler players (not bronco or the 2 PSers he was with) were stopping by.