PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders is hilarious!!

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone catch him arguing with Warren Sapp about Jay Cutler on the NFL Network? Sapp was trying to stick up for Cutler leaving the NFCC by stating there was one game he had to play that was on TNT...and as soon as he got that out of his mouth Deion said.."TNT?" "There aint no playoffs on TNT". :lol: I thought it was hilarious. You should have seen the look on his face. :lol:

I think Prime is one of the best analysts in the game today. He tells it like it is and doesnt pull punches and cracks me up.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Irvin is damn good as well.

Iron Shiek
01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Anyone catch him arguing with Warren Sapp about Jay Cutler on the NFL Network? Sapp was trying to stick up for Cutler leaving the NFCC by stating there was one game he had to play that was on TNT...and as soon as he got that out of his mouth Deion said.."TNT?" "There aint no playoffs on TNT". :lol: I thought it was hilarious. You should have seen the look on his face. :lol:

I think Prime is one of the best analysts in the game today. He tells it like it is and doesnt pull punches and cracks me up.

haha...dee dub...i saw that too. I was crackin up. Torry holt couldn't put a meaningful thought together, he did not belong on that 3 way screen with Sapp and Deion. But Deion definitely won that battle. Haha....TNT!!?!?!? Ain't no playoff games on TNT!!!!

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":34h169m9]Anyone catch him arguing with Warren Sapp about Jay Cutler on the NFL Network? Sapp was trying to stick up for Cutler leaving the NFCC by stating there was one game he had to play that was on TNT...and as soon as he got that out of his mouth Deion said.."TNT?" "There aint no playoffs on TNT". :lol: I thought it was hilarious. You should have seen the look on his face. :lol:

haha...dee dub...i saw that too. I was crackin up. Torry holt couldn't put a meaningful thought together, he did not belong on that 3 way screen with Sapp and Deion. But Deion definitely won that battle. Haha....TNT!!?!?!? Ain't no playoff games on TNT!!!![/quote:34h169m9]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crash
01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Deion is hilarious. His reality show with his wife and kids was awesome!

ANPSTEEL
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Nah.

Steve Young has issues with him, because Young was taught to play QB in a very different manner than Ben. As result, he clearly doesn't think that Ben can play that way, and even more obviously, he doesn't have any respect for Ben's game.

Additionally-

If you recall after XLIII - Ben came over to the ESPN post game set - and sat next to Young.

Mind you Young had been ripping Ben all week- anyway all the guys were congratulating Ben- giving him props for playing a good game etc...

Well Ben sat there and talked with everyone- but ignored Steve Young. He even seemed to intentionally snub Young when he shook everyone's hand but his.

I think that little episode has added fuel to the fire of Young's disdain for Ben.

Oh- and Deion can be pretty funny. He was busting on Marshall Faulk for his Steeler hate - which was pretty funny.

snarky
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Personally, I have always liked Deion and even though he is flashy and a bit of an attention whore, he was an awesome player and pulls no punches sorking as an analyst. He is what he is.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
He drives me flippin' crazy. I just can't stand him on any level.

Discipline of Steel
01-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Meion represents everything i dont like about football, save Roger Goodell's efforts to date.

pick6
01-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Deion is hilarious. I look at that one Superbowl that we lost. I think something in me still wants us to pull that one out. I really needed that game. It would have been epic and the Boys were dazed and confused and ready to go. After that onside kick I knew we had them. And Emmitt was getting shut down. Damn you Neil. Man did Andre Hastings have a hell of a game. Then he drops that one ball that seals our fate. Next play forced to throw and it gets picked.....Ok what were we talking about, I really need to get over it.

But yeah Deion caught a bomb in that game against Willie Williams and when he stood up his body language was hilarious, like he couldn't believe how great he really is. I was pissed when it happened but it is funny now, well sometimes.

Anyway, he is dead wrong about Cutler. This guy doesn't do a song and dance on the sideline and somehow this is a quitter who lacks heart. I mean seriously Deion and Irvin literally said that they wanted him to do the whole "Let me back in Coach"/ "I WANT MY SON !!!!!!" rant. And going up to the other QBs and offering sage advice for the cameras. And they admitted that it would all be for show, regardless of if he is injured or not. That makes no sense.

steelblood
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Irvin is damn good as well.

Whaaaaaaaa?

DukieBoy
01-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Jaws is a tool. "Ben is moving up the list" (on ? Is he elite yet?). Discrediting Ben, saying ... the Jets let him make big plays in the first half. Did credit Ben for "just making plays" and making 2 big plays late in the game, but Jaws is still a tool.

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Hated Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin as players, really don't have the hate for them as analysists. I don't feel like they hold grudges like others do. Faulk and Young, big time haters with biases that show through, and they are stubborn enough that they will never sway from those opinions, which makes them more unprofessional than Deion and Irvin in so many ways. They are paid to be professionals and give INFORMED opinions.

Steelgal
01-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Jaws is a tool. "Ben is moving up the list" (on ? Is he elite yet?). Discrediting Ben, saying ... the Jets let him make big plays in the first half. Did credit Ben for "just making plays" and making 2 big plays late in the game, but Jaws is still a tool.

Just heard Jaws say that on Mike and Mike. Not long before that they were talking about Carson Palmer and Jaws said he used to consider Palmer as 'elite' :wft .

Just goes to show you, it's not about SBs/winning (Peyton proves that). It's about how you play the game. If it looks 'pretty' and gives you high fantasy points, then you're elite. If it's ugly, but you're still winning, it isn't considered good enough.

-uck these analysts. Ben will be remembered for having 5 rings! Let them keep hating on him. It's jealousy!!!!

As for Deion, I think he's hilarious!! He isn't the best analyst when looking at X's and O's, but sometimes that gets boring and you just want to hear it like it is. Deion does that.

The Sodfather
01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Sanders is about as funny as getting your stomach pumped.

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Sanders is about as funny as getting your stomach pumped.

Don't knock it till ya try it. :)

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
At least Sanders get IT. On the Sunday night post game after every play Ben made they would state, "Ben doing what he does"! When Faulk was boasting that the Jets would run the football Dieon states, on the Steeler? Please they ain't gonna be running on that defense or something like that. He may be annoying, brash, cocky and as irritating as sand in the underware but he gets IT. The guy is generally unbiased and for that I can tolerate him.

Iron Shiek
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
At least Sanders get IT. On the Sunday night post game after every play Ben made they would state, "Ben doing what he does"! When Faulk was boasting that the Jets would run the football Dieon states, on the Steeler? Please they ain't gonna be running on that defense or something like that. He may be annoying, brash, cocky and as irritating as sand in the underware but he gets IT. The guy is generally unbiased and for that I can tolerate him.

He typically sees the big picture and can be unbiased for the most part. Moreso than Irvin, who will always give Cowgirls love. Sanders has "his guys" that he likes, but still tells it like it is.

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
[quote="_SteeL_CurtaiN_":2xcs8um4]At least Sanders get IT. On the Sunday night post game after every play Ben made they would state, "Ben doing what he does"! When Faulk was boasting that the Jets would run the football Dieon states, on the Steeler? Please they ain't gonna be running on that defense or something like that. He may be annoying, brash, cocky and as irritating as sand in the underware but he gets IT. The guy is generally unbiased and for that I can tolerate him.

He typically sees the big picture and can be unbiased for the most part. Moreso than Irvin, who will always give Cowgirls love. Sanders has "his guys" that he likes, but still tells it like it is.[/quote:2xcs8um4]

People can hate prime time all they want but the guy has been spot on with his commentary.

Big Ben does....

WHAT HE DOES!!! LOL!!!

hilarious.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
[quote="_SteeL_CurtaiN_":12fdx35m]At least Sanders get IT. On the Sunday night post game after every play Ben made they would state, "Ben doing what he does"! When Faulk was boasting that the Jets would run the football Dieon states, on the Steeler? Please they ain't gonna be running on that defense or something like that. He may be annoying, brash, cocky and as irritating as sand in the underware but he gets IT. The guy is generally unbiased and for that I can tolerate him.

He typically sees the big picture and can be unbiased for the most part. Moreso than Irvin, who will always give Cowgirls love. Sanders has "his guys" that he likes, but still tells it like it is.

People can hate prime time all they want but the guy has been spot on with his commentary.

Big Ben does....

WHAT HE DOES!!! LOL!!!

hilarious.[/quote:12fdx35m]

I loved it!! Prime shows time and time again that winners get his praise ( see Ben Sunday night ) and losers get the whip ( see Jay Cutler Monday night ). Agree 100% on Irvin total douche, same for Faulk and Holt. Sapp tends to be a friggen idiot with his assinine ramblings about himself.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
I loved it!! Prime shows time and time again that winners get his praise ( see Ben Sunday night ) and losers get the whip ( see Jay Cutler Monday night ).

The CB who was famous for avoiding tackles is "whipping" Jay Cutler for his supposed lack of toughness? Deion is a pinhead.

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I loved it!! Prime shows time and time again that winners get his praise ( see Ben Sunday night ) and losers get the whip ( see Jay Cutler Monday night ).

The CB who was famous for avoiding tackles is "whipping" Jay Cutler for his supposed lack of toughness? Deion is a pinhead.

He was more famous for avoiding tackles once he got the ball...

Prime Time!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM

He was more famous for avoiding tackles once he got the ball...

Prime Time!

I remember him playing...He was outstanding at defensing the pass, but he was also known to shy away from making tackles. He's not one who ought to be criticizing Cutler about toughness.

Deion is much too quick to engage his mouth. And the whole "Prime Time" braggadocio has worn thin. He hasn't played for years. If he's going to be regarded as a serious commentator, he needs less strut and more substance, IMO.

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
2 SB rings, 8 for 15 in the World Series.... the only athlete to play in a SB and a World Series. Played a football game then flew to Pittsburgh to try and play in a baseball game. Put the hate pipe down and walk away... love him or hate him the guy has more credentials then damn near anyone with a microphone on TV when it comes to criticizing Cutler.

Prime Time baby... and his predictionand analysis for the Steelers Jets game Sunday morning was on point.

How can you bash Prime Time when he is giving Ben all kinds of props and questioning a career loser who finally made the playoffs, beat a 8-9 Seattle team then quit in the championship game?

Crash
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Deion is one of the few who is substance. He and Mooch make that show.

Eisen and Faulk just ruin it. Rod's trying to hard to be controversial.

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 11:26 PM

:Agree

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM

$$$

papillon
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Eisen has to be the biggest tool in the shed. I'm not sure how he keeps a job.

Deion is annoying, but tolerable and typically, spot on, with his comments, although, he doesn't really give any analysis, it seems to be more a gut reaction to what he thinks will transpire.

Mariucci is pretty good as well; not really a whole lot to complain about with him.

Still, Gruden is the absolute best announcer/commentator going these days. He's passionate about the game, knowledgeable about the game and entertaining. He seems to do more homework about the specific teams he will be covering and learns about the players, tendencies, etc, so that he appears to actually follow the team. His opinions are from what he sees and not what people tell him he sees.

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
01-27-2011, 12:05 AM
2 SB rings, 8 for 15 in the World Series.... the only athlete to play in a SB and a World Series. Played a football game then flew to Pittsburgh to try and play in a baseball game.
Oh, I forgot...all that punishment he took playing baseball...that's all the qualification he needs. :lol: :roll:

Put the hate pipe down and walk away... love him or hate him the guy has more credentials then damn near anyone with a microphone on TV when it comes to criticizing Cutler.
I think Deion is one of the best cover corners I've ever seen play the game. Just because I think he's a arrogant, egotistical, and hypocritical, doesn't mean I hate him.
In fact, on some things, I even agree with him.

Prime Time baby... and his prediction and analysis for the Steelers Jets game Sunday morning was on point. And that has what to do with his criticism of Cutler?

How can you bash Prime Time when he is giving Ben all kinds of props and questioning a career loser who finally made the playoffs, beat a 8-9 Seattle team then quit in the championship game? Glad he's giving Ben props. Ben deserves them. But did "Prime Time" ever come out of a game when the trainers told him to? Did he ever shy away from making a tackle? For Deion, several years removed from playing, to now act as though he's Mr. All-Tough? It's hypocrisy...and I don't see where I'm "hating" on him to call him on it.

Crash
01-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I remember one game at the end of his Dallas run that both hamstrings were taped and he kept playing. You couldn't even see his uniform pants.

He took a shot on a punt return against us in 1997 and I thought his neck was broken, and then he got up and almost ran the next one back.

I'd say he was plenty tough.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, real tough guy...I remember him sitting out quite a few games because of "turf toe". I remember him admitting he avoided tackles, saying it wasn't his thing.

Check this out: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _16536069/ (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_n7_v219/ai_16536069/)

And this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/080919&sportCat=nfl)

And this: http://www.columbiachronicle.com/back/2 ... orts4.html (http://www.columbiachronicle.com/back/2002_fall/2002-10-28/sports4.html).

Even Troy Aikman admits what a crummy tackler Deion was:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... afe=strict (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pA5AxvLO4jUJ:www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Aikman-Deion-Was-A-Crummy-Tackler-71584022.html+video+deion+sanders+avoiding+tackles&cd=27&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com&safe=strict)

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, real tough guy...I remember him sitting out quite a few games because of "turf toe".

Jack Lambert suggests that you don't make light of turf toe.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/Lambert.jpg

BradshawsHairdresser
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not making light of turf toe. It could be a legitimate reason to be held out of a game.
But for Deion to criticize Cutler for not playing because of a knee injury--how is that any different than for someone to criticize Deion for not playing because of turf toe? If he's going to question someone's toughness for sitting out with a knee injury, why shouldn't someone be able to question his toughness for sitting out with turf toe?

After what Deion went through, he ought to know better.

feltdizz
01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not making light of turf toe. It could be a legitimate reason to be held out of a game.
But for Deion to criticize Cutler for not playing because of a knee injury--how is that any different than for someone to criticize Deion for not playing because of turf toe? If he's going to question someone's toughness for sitting out with a knee injury, why shouldn't someone be able to question his toughness for sitting out with turf toe?

After what Deion went through, he ought to know better.

Deion is a winner... you don't question winners. You question losers...

guys who have never won anything who sit out with an injury in the biggest game of their career will always be questioned. Especially if there aren't any crutches or ice.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM

guys who have never won anything who sit out with an injury in the biggest game of their career will always be questioned. Especially if there aren't any crutches or ice.

So...a hypothetical...
Same exact scenario plays out in the Super Bowl, with the starting QB for BOTH teams...
Rogers gets questioned (deservedly so, according to you)...Ben doesn't?

Sorry, not buying it.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM

So...a hypothetical...
Same exact scenario plays out in the Super Bowl, with the starting QB for BOTH teams...

Sorry, not buying it.

You can question is tacking ability and have a personal dilike for the guy but facts are facts he is a winner, in any other circumstance I doubt anyone questions Cutlers toughness but when it's the NFC Chamionship the stakes are a little higher and this stuff is magnified, Sanders played in the NFL and won championships giving him more credibility than most. BTW have you SEEN that toe of his that is f'ed up? It's totally mangled and disgusting! That said I can't rememmber him never going when the stakes were high, that's why they call him prime time...

feltdizz
01-27-2011, 04:04 PM

So...a hypothetical...

Sorry, not buying it.

I don't see Aaron Rodgers as a loser. He has that "it" quality that lets everyone in the building know he is going to give it his all.

When I say "winner" I don't mean SB winner...