PDA

View Full Version : Pick a Scenario

SidSmythe
01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
SCENARIO #1:
Steelers go 3 and out on their first drive and after punting the ball into the end zone. Aaron Rodgers drives the ball 74 yards and caps off the drive with a 12 yard TD pass to Jones. The Packers defense stops the Steelers on 2 sacks and gain excellent field position after a punt and find themselves up 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. On the first play of the Packers 3rd series Aaron Rodgers scrambles for 12 yards only to get nailed by TIMMONS knocking him out of the game with another concusion.
Steelers shut down the Packers and go on to beat the Packers 41-14 after Ben throws for 2 TDs and our defense scores 2 TDs off eratic QB play by the Packers.

SCENARIO #2:
It's a defensive shoot out. After going into halftime with a 6-3 lead, the Packers score halfway thru the 3rd quarter to take a 10-6 lead. Fast forward...Ben leads the team downfield to kick a FG with 14:12 left in the 4th . Packers return the kickoff to the Steelers 40 yard line and end up kicking a FG. Ben now has the ball down 13-9 on his own 17 yard line after a holding penalty on the kickoff with 9:55 left in the game.
Ben's stats so far: 9 for 21 - 122 yards, 0 TDs & 1 INT

BradshawsHairdresser
01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I like my scenario better:

SCENARIO 3--
Steelers shut down and harass the vaunted Packers' offense, holding them to less than 100 yards and no TD's. Steel D also gets 4 takeaways from the guys with the cheesy helmets. The Steelers' O-line plays the game of the season, manhandling the Packers defenders. Mendenhall rushes for over 150 yards and Roethlisberger is on fire, going 15-18 for 285 yards and 3 TDs.

SteelAbility
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
I like my scenario better:

SCENARIO 3--
Steelers shut down and harass the vaunted Packers' offense, holding them to less than 100 yards and no TD's. Steel D also gets 4 takeaways from the guys with the cheesy helmets. The Steelers' O-line plays the game of the season, manhandling the Packers defenders. Mendenhall rushes for over 150 yards and Roethlisberger is on fire, going 15-18 for 285 yards and 3 TDs. You forgot to add
that Harrison snaps Greg Jennings in two.

flippy
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
scenario 1 cause it ended in victory.

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Is this like a trick question? What kind of question is this? Of course scenario number 1. You've left scenario number two in doubt. And this Steelers team has no "doubt" in them.

SidSmythe
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Is this like a trick question? What kind of question is this? Of course scenario number 1. You've left scenario number two in doubt. And this Steelers team has no "doubt" in them.

Now wait a minute...
can you imagine all the crap we'd hear about Scenario #1??

-"you guys got lucky..........."
-"if Rodgers didn't get hurt....."

I like Scenario #2 cuz I don't doubt!!!

Chachi
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
3 words.

Just Win, Baby!

AzStillers1989
01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Scenario Xy45-7B3a : First three drives , Steelers score 10 points , packers go 3 and out 2 out of first 3 drives and the third drive ends in an INT witch no points are scored off of. Pack score a touchdown on their next drive to make it 10-7 in the 2nd. 8 minutes to go in the 2nd , Steelers score another TD , kick it off to the pack, returner fumbles and we recover. pack's D makes a stop on 3rd and goal at the 2, SUISHAM kicks a field goal for his second of the game to make it 20-7. 3:45 to go in the 3rd, pack are driving, they are on our 34 with a second and 3 play to come. Rodgers drops back and we sack and force a fumble, its picked up and ran back for a TD to make it 27-7. Pack get a quick TD while the 3rd quarter expires to make it 27-14. Our next drive we take 5:08 off the clock only to punt it back to the pack. Green Bay moves the ball to our 22 only to fall short on a 3rd and 12. They kick another field goal to make it 27-17 with 6:45 to play. Our next drive our offense runs the clock down to the 2 minute warning with a series of great runs and play action passes. Our drive stops at the Green Bay 30. SUISHAM misses a field goal to give the ball back to the pack with 1:45 to go. Green Bay makes a run for the end zone but falls short on a Polamalu INT to seal the victory and our 7th Super Bowl TITLE!!!!!!! ooohhh yeeeaaa haha

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt2 :tt1 :Steel

Mister Pittsburgh
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
I am all for the Steelers finally showing up for 60 minutes against a playoff team. That would be a real change.

Wolfhound45
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Scenario XYZ

Steelers come out of the tunnel firing on all cylinders, offensively and defensively. Score on their first four possessions and completely shut down the Packers offense. Head into the half with a 28-0 lead. Come out in the second half and do the same. Give up a token late score so the Packers do not get blanked. Final score, 42-7.

Definitely would be better for the heart condition of many of the fans in this forum.

:P

Iron Shiek
01-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow man you opened a can of worms. Everyone's got scenarios now. Here's mine:

Scenario HWGS (aka Here We Go Steelers): Ben leads us to a quick 14-0 lead, but gets hurt (pretty typical he's always getting banged up somehow) and has to miss a couple series. We struggle to gain any traction and they've tied it up at 14 starting the 4th quarter. Ben limps out to the huddle unleashes a bomb but its picked off and returned to the 2 yard line. Rodgers drops back, INTERCEPTION by James Harrison who returns it to 102 yards for a TD. Mendy humps Ben on the Sideline. We win the trophy.

Now, my question is would you like for this to happen if it means Mendy humps Ben yet again. (Queerbait's friend/lifepartner need not reply!).

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Ben throws for over 500 yards in the game, which ends with a 19 yard TD pass to Mike Wallace, who dives for the ball but keeps he feet in bounds like Santonio in Tampa (except in the other direction) to win the game just as time expires, 37-36.

Nah...that would never happen. :wink:

SteelerNation1
01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
ANY scenario in which we win #7 I am perfectly fine with

Djfan
01-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Kind of a strange post IMO, Syd.

SteelAbility
01-25-2011, 11:38 PM
In my scenario, we once again have Mendenhall humping Ben on the final kneel-down series. :D

Wolfhound45
01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Any scenario that ends with Ben in the victory formation at 0:00 works for me (less the Mendenhall factor).

:Steel