View Full Version : Can someone please shut Gottlieb up?

NW Steeler
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
For an hour straight he has been talking about spreading the Steelers out and moving the ball up and down the field on them ala the Pats. He seems absolutely convinced that the Packers will run us off the field. Sometimes I just cant stand to listen to that dork.

Crash
01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Let them talk. Put all the pressure on the Pack. I have to think everyone calling for them to blow out the Bears (I didn't btw) got to them too.

proudpittsburgher
01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Gotleib is a dweeb who has always been a classic Steeler hater. He also LOVES to spout his opinion off as fact, treat you like you are an idiot who doesn't know what you are talking about, then completely forget about his predictions after he is proven wrong. Again, let me reiterate . . . HE. IS. A. DWEEB.

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Gotleib is a dweeb who has always been a classic Steeler hater. He also LOVES to spout his opinion off as fact, treat you like you are an idiot who doesn't know what you are talking about, then completely forget about his predictions after he is proven wrong. Again, let me reiterate . . . HE. IS. A. DWEEB.

He is also a Southern California guy who loves the Chargers. The Chargers have a fight song that goues, "San Diego Super Chargers" and but yet they have never been super. Nuff said.

San Diego Super Chargers Lyrics

San Diego Super Chargers,
San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way,
We're gonna dazzle you with our super play.
The time has come,
You know we're shooting for number one.
With thunderbolts and lightning
We'll light up the sky,
We'll give it all we've got, and more
With the Super Charger try!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We've got a plan,
We're gonna do it for our super fans.
All we seek,
Is the goal line to victory.
We'll ignite you, excite you
With high voltage play.
We won't let up a minute,
We're going all the way - all the way!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way
With the Super Chargers' play.
We're coming at you.
Now we're coming through!

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Djfan
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM

He is also a Southern California guy who loves the Chargers. The Chargers have a fight song that goues, "San Diego Super Chargers" and but yet they have never been super. Nuff said.

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way,
The time has come,
We'll light up the sky,

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We've got a plan,
All we seek,
With high voltage play.

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way
We're coming at you.

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you heard that song? It's bad 70's disco.

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way,
The time has come,
We'll light up the sky,

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We've got a plan,
All we seek,
With high voltage play.

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way
We're coming at you.

San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

Have you heard that song? It's bad 70's disco.

Are you kidding me? I live in So Cal. I listen to XTRA 1090 and all those Charger homers. That song sucks.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow DD! I moved there in '68 and just left last year. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!

I have met both Chargers fans. Their not bad people actually.

I loved to ask each one I met "Who is your other team?" It was fun, because they all have one or two more that they like. If not, the post season is boring for them.

proudpittsburgher
01-24-2011, 11:08 PM

I loved to ask each one I met "Who is your other team?" It was fun, because they all have one or two more that they like. If not, the post season is boring for them.

I am not a violent person, but when I meet someone and the discussion goes to sports . . . and when telling me about their favorite team . . . if they use the phrase "And my second team is . . ." I want to punch them five times right in the nose. Pick a fu&*&(*& team!

pick6
01-24-2011, 11:56 PM

I am not a violent person, but when I meet someone and the discussion goes to sports . . . and when telling me about their favorite team . . . if they use the phrase "And my second team is . . ." I want to punch them five times right in the nose. Pick a fu&*&(*& team!

I know, I know. And Man Rule, if you don't have a team by 11 years old (and that's being generous), you DO NOT HAVE A TEAM.

Ghost
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM

Hahaha....... I am kind of like this and used to always say the same thing. But then my wife called me out one day (after hearing this rant for the 100th time) and said - 'that's you with college football". It's true - I went to a DIV 1AA school so I don't have a true big time school to root for. I love Pitt (from growing up in the Burgh), I root for UGA since I've lived in GA, and watch a ton of SEC ball, I like LSU as my dad went there, and I've been to a couple of games in "the Swamp" so I'll cheer or the Gators as well. All over the board. But I don't live and die with any of those teams. I watch, drink beer, and go about my day if they lose.

As long as a person doesn't say "I'm a die hard" fan of X-team and then tell me their 2nd team I'm ok. Lots of folks don't grow up following a set team like we all follow the Steelers, so they have multiple teams they have a cursory interest in. Tell me you will die if the Steelrs lose and then tell me you'll be ok if another team wins, then I think you are a fake douche. I get a little sick to my stomach when the Steelers lose.

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
As long as a person doesn't say "I'm a die hard" fan of X-team and then tell me their 2nd team I'm ok. Lots of folks don't grow up following a set team like we all follow the Steelers, so they have multiple teams they have a cursory interest in. Tell me you will die if the Steelrs lose and then tell me you'll be ok if another team wins, then I think you are a fake douche. I get a little sick to my stomach when the Steelers lose.

Fair enough. I live and die with the Steelers, Pens and yes the Pirates as well, although I have grown indifferent on the Pirates of late and just kind of enjoy watching the games. I just don't see the point in "following" another team because I have no emotional attachment or investment to them at all. What's the point if I can't get any enjoyment out of it.

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
My second team is...

...the Penguins. :tt2 :tt1

Ghost
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I just don't see the point in "following" another team because I have no emotional attachment or investment to them at all. What's the point if I can't get any enjoyment out of it.

Just speaking for me and college ball - I flat out love watching college ball. The Steelers are and will always be a life long passion (year round following, draft, training camp, free agents, message board..., etc) but I can sit around and watch 12 hours on a Saturday, rooting for all sorts of different teams. It's hard for us to comprehend, but there are people that feel that way about the NFL. I have friends here in the south who grew up on the SEC and have the same rabid devotion to theri college team we have, but come Sunday, they are happy to sit back and watch a bunch of teams.

Back on topic - Gottlieb is super annoying!!

Wolfhound45
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
My take? TURN HIM UP!

I want the ENTIRE WORLD on the Packers bandwagon (and they are a good team, give them their due). That will only help the Steelers. While the Packers are going from party to party and interview to interview, I want Coach Tomlin to have his team preparing, staying hungry.

Will only make it that much better when we win.

:Steel