PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork Wins

Doyle37
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
1. Our cornerbacks are weak....I won't argue this. I have been wishing for a shutdown corner since Mel Blount and Rod Woodson. However, how many catches did Santanio or Braylan catch ?? Not many. How did Baltimore's WR do ?? Not too good. How will Green Bay's receivers do ?? My thinking is....pretty much the same. Defense as a unit does the job.

2. Our OLine sucks.....I won't argue with this. It has been perceived as our main weakness. Although they did seem to gel a bit around the time of the first Jets game and have played well lately. That 9 minute DESTRUCTION of the Jets on the game's opening drive was awesome and totally set the tone for the game.

3. Mendenhall isn't a premier runner....At times he just looks bad. Dancing, spinning and hesitating ...when is this guy just going to run like a Steeler runningback ??? Yesterday !!

Point being the unit as a whole ...Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaching puts this team ahead of teams with possibly more talent.

aggiebones
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
gotta agree.
Every team has failings. The Steelers are no exception though they seem to have less. But the Steelers do something else. They don't make excuses, understand their weaknesses and still get it done. Free Agency prevents 22 man dynasties anymore, but good rganizations still can develop a dynasty if they understand themselves.

Doyle37
01-24-2011, 10:26 PM
4. Our Special Teams are unpredictable to poor. Does every Steeler fan cringe when we have special teams on the field or is it just me ??
5. Our Kicking game is weak. Cringeable II. I know Suisham had a nice year with the Black and Gold but do we fear he'll revert back to the waiver wire guy ?? Supulveda is on the IR so we are weaker there than earlier in the season.

Is NOT the whole better than the sum of it's parts ???