PDA

View Full Version : is anyone going to the game?

D Rock
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Any of you guys or gals lucky enough to score tickets for the Super Bowl? Any one plan on doing any tailgating down here?

SteelerNation1
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
DRock,
I was lucky enough to score a pair of tickets from the Steelers lottery! I am beyond pumped. That's the only thing I though about during the game. I found out last Thursday and I wanted to come on here and let everyone know but I didn't wanna jinx it. Lol.

DRock, I will 100% be tailgating. I'll pm you as soon as I iron out some details.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 04:46 PM
AWESOME SN1!!!!!

Represent, Brother!!!!

MeetJoeGreene
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
DRock,
I was lucky enough to score a pair of tickets from the Steelers lottery! I am beyond pumped. That's the only thing I though about during the game. I found out last Thursday and I wanted to come on here and let everyone know but I didn't wanna jinx it. Lol.

DRock, I will 100% be tailgating. I'll pm you as soon as I iron out some details.

Congrats man!!!!

Are you taking "the sign"??

Iron Shiek
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
DRock,

Congrats man!!!!

Yeah take the sign and drape it off the end of the plane! Ha.

Congrats SN1...cheer loud.

Iron Shiek
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
DRock,

Congrats man!!!!

fordfixer
01-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Congarts SN1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

AngryAsian
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm sure Ruthless and his Dad will be there... those guys always luck out. Congrats SN1, did I mention that every live Steeler game I've gone to the Steelers have won. This will be a huge sacrifice on my behalf, but I'm willing to shuffle my very full schedule if you want me to go as your wingman... just to ensure we win our 7th Lombardi....

I know.... we Asians are so selfless, first the railroads, then Chines buffets, Kung Fu theater, now this...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
01-25-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm sure Ruthless and his Dad will be there... those guys always luck out. Congrats SN1, did I mention that every live Steeler game I've gone to the Steelers have won. This will be a huge sacrifice on my behalf, but I'm willing to shuffle my very full schedule if you want me to go as your wingman... just to ensure we win our 7th Lombardi....

I know.... we Asians are so selfless, first the railroads, then Chines buffets, Kung Fu theater, now this...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always liked the way the asian dudes attacked those original wipeout courses. And who can forget the iron chef.

I'm a hunky kraut frog. All we've contributed are genocide, love, and meat and potatoes.

:lol

flippy
01-25-2011, 12:38 AM
oh, and if anyone has a spare $50K to give me, I'd be happy to go to the game with you and we can get great seats!!!! ;)

Starlifter
01-25-2011, 01:42 AM
no luck on the lottery for me and Mrs. Starlifter. We're calling in all our chips, can't afford 3 grand a tix. hopefully it will work out. we got the time off, travel and hotel all set up. now bring me good karma and help me find tix@!!!

SteelerNation1
01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys. Asian, you will have to deal with my dad if I give you his ticket...if you thought ninjas were tough, wait till you see an out-of-shape 63 year old man-beast attack! :lol:

SteelerNation1
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
DRock,

Congrats man!!!!

I don't think the allow signs at the Super Bowl. I will bring it tailgating, but probably won't be able to get it into the game.

ROLROC
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Since I live in Dallas, I plan on shelling out some bucks to a ticket broker in order to attend. SN1 where are you planning to tailgate? According to link, tailgating will not be allowed in any 'stadium' parking lot.

http://sbxlv.clickandpark.com/superbowl

Irongut
01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
DRock,

How'd that work? You still have to pay face?

MicroBioSteel
01-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Since I live in Dallas, I plan on shelling out some bucks to a ticket broker in order to attend. SN1 where are you planning to tailgate? According to link, tailgating will not be allowed in any 'stadium' parking lot.

The Arlington Convention Center lot allows tailgating.

AngryAsian
01-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys. Asian, you will have to deal with my dad if I give you his ticket...if you thought ninjas were tough, wait till you see an out-of-shape 63 year old man-beast attack! :lol:

No worries, bring on pops and I'll just...

http://cobra-kai.com/SweepTheLeg.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm sure Ruthless and his Dad will be there... those guys always luck out.

No go this year. We put in for the lottery as usual, but I didn't get the e-mail on Thursday afternoon that SN1 got, telling us that they'd be sending us our $800 tickets if the Steelers beat the Jets in the AFCCG game.

What are the chances that you think our wives will let us buy a pair of those $2400 end zone seats available on StubHub (triple face value) and then meet up in Dallas for the weekend and split a hotel room? Slim? None?

SteelerNation1
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
DRock,

How'd that work? You still have to pay face?
Yes, we paid face for the tix via the steelers lottery system. We had to send the money in a week or so before the playoffs and if the steelers didn't make it to the game, it would be applied to 2011 season tix.

SteelerNation1
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM

The Arlington Convention Center lot allows tailgating.
Do you need a parking pass for the convention center lot?

ROLROC
01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Individually owned parking lots with some allowing tailgating:

http://www.parkwhiz.com/super-bowl-parking/