PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Mike

pick6
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
The Jets were flat after an emotional win against the Pats. The proof of this is that the Steelers were able to run on them like none other. - Golic

The Jets were too tired and the Steelers had a bye.- the other one

When you latent bias in your analysis it makes you say things that are unintelligent. I will simply rebut these two idiotic statements from two otherwise rather insightful guys.

The Steelers ran all over them in their first matchup. So this is not new to the steeler vs jet relationship. Actually the Jets should have been ready and they were, but they were simply manhandled.

As for being tired then we won a superbowl for the 6th seed. And the packers vs bears was the exact same seeding matchup and the lower seed won. Maybe I'm being too sensitive but sheeesh. Have we ever won a game because we played better?

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I've been listening to them since 7:00 or so and have the opposite thoughts. Greeny has been going ON and ON about the playcall on 3rd and 6 when they chose to pass it instead of run. He's said 90% of the coaches would say they 'play to win the game', but doesn't think they actually would and Tomlin did. In fact he's talked about the play so much it's getting kind of repititous.

They have both said give credit to the Steelers they came out, played harder, and won the game. Knowing how much of a homer Greeny is, I've been surprised at some of the compliments he's given to the Steelers. They've both said, ignore the stats, in their opinion Ben was the best player on the field last night.

AkronSteel
01-24-2011, 10:49 AM
To hear some of the Jets fans.....the refs won the game for us yesterday!!! Now that is just laughable!!!

RussBII
01-24-2011, 10:52 AM
To hear some of the Jets fans.....the refs won the game for us yesterday!!! Now that is just laughable!!!

That's what happens after every big Steelers victory. It's so old. They say it so much now that it's lost all meaning.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM

I tried getting onto the Gang Green forum last night and it was locked down, lol!!!

AkronSteel
01-24-2011, 11:38 AM

I tried getting onto the Gang Green forum last night and it was locked down, lol!!!

I know...me too!!! I found it pretty funny!!! I thought Ravens fans were sore losers but I guess they aren't the worst in the league!!! LOL

Crash
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Golic is from Cleveland and Greeny is from New York. Consider the sources.

pick6
01-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I've been listening to them since 7:00 or so and have the opposite thoughts. Greeny has been going ON and ON about the playcall on 3rd and 6 when they chose to pass it instead of run. He's said 90% of the coaches would say they 'play to win the game', but doesn't think they actually would and Tomlin did. In fact he's talked about the play so much it's getting kind of repititous.

They have both said give credit to the Steelers they came out, played harder, and won the game. Knowing how much of a homer Greeny is, I've been surprised at some of the compliments he's given to the Steelers. They've both said, ignore the stats, in their opinion Ben was the best player on the field last night.

Steelgal, you make a good point. It's just that it's a little off subject. If i'm a Tv analyst my primary job is to point out what's going on in the game, the 3rd and 6 was a great play and its his job to point this out. This has nothing to do with liking a team or not. I hate the Pats and I always want them to lose but Brady is an awesome QB and he's tough as nails physically. If he makes a great play I'll say so especially if i'm getting paid 6 figures to break done the game. I'm talking more about when commentators go outside of the game in an attempt to detract from a teams win. The Ravens choked was the common refrain last week. And to your point it was not so much Greeny as it was Golic. If we need for these guys to come out and say they don't like the Steelers then that will never happen. Of course, they are going to say all of the right things about the Steelers doing a good job, that's just to placate you and me and to maintain the status quo.

An example, in the NFC game no one has mentioned that Cutler being out was a possible reason why Green Bay won the game. If the Steelers were playing Chicago I guarantee that this would be a major issue. Steelers lucked out, Cutler got hurt. Most of this venom comes from ex players. 90 percent of them hate the Steelers. Most of the guys who never played are a little more fun in their analysis.

ikestops85
01-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with some of their analysis. The jets went into Indy and beat the colts. Then they went into NE and beat their hated rival the *'s. I'm sure that caused them to come out a little flat.

Now, that's not to say the Steelers didn't come out and kick their arses in the first half. They did and nobody can take that away. I just wished the Steelers would have kicked a little more of their arse in the second half and saved me from getting a few more gray hairs.

snarky
01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
That emotional let down is a by-product of now winning their division.

pfelix73
01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
The Steelers won 3 games all on the road and then won the SB. Green Bay just won 3 games on the road....

And the excuse is what again??????

Don't take a pea shooter to a gun fight.... Jets were outplayed, out classed, out coached, and they are down and out.............

:tt1

Crash
01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
And do not forget the 2005 Steelers had to win their last 4 games to even qualify for the playoffs.

So we were playing win or out football for two months straight. Didn't flinch.

pfelix73
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
yea, that too.....lol

fordfixer
01-24-2011, 09:38 PM
And do not forget the 2005 Steelers had to win their last 4 games to even qualify for the playoffs.

Or blink :tt1

Captain Lemming
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
The Jets were flat after an emotional win against the Pats. The proof of this is that the Steelers were able to run on them like none other. - Golic

This is true.

I said as much LAST WEEK.

Quote, myself:

NY will NEVER be as high for a game against us as they are against the Pats.

People misunderstand the cause of my optimism.

The Jets are good, true.
Our timing just could not be better.

Especially since they beat us already, they will be flat, mark my words.

Again I said this would happen LAST WEEK.

This does not diminish our victory. We can beat them at their best.

We are just not 24-3 at halftime better than the Jets. We are not 231 yards to only 50 better than the Jets.

My point was that the Jets HAVE NO CHANCE because they CANNOT be that "up" two weeks in a row.

The only reason we didnt CRUSH them like I said we would is that "we" lost intensity in the second half.

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Or blink :tt1

The Standard hasnt changed!!

Crash
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Who's fault is that? Not ours.

The 2005 Steelers had a very emotional win at Indy.

Then they came here to Denver and lit them up 24-3 in a half.

Captain Lemming
01-24-2011, 09:59 PM

We are better than the Jets and were better than that Denver team despite our low seed (ala Green Bay this year).

Flat is not by itself an excuse for "why" the Jets lost. It is part of the reason they were HORRIFIC in the first half.
We are the better team.
We are no FIVE TIMES better than the Jets.

As I said in my prediction thread the Jets thrive on emotion and they were spent after last week.

feltdizz
01-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I have to agree with some of their analysis. The jets went into Indy and beat the colts. Then they went into NE and beat their hated rival the *'s. I'm sure that caused them to come out a little flat.

Now, that's not to say the Steelers didn't come out and kick their arses in the first half. They did and nobody can take that away. I just wished the Steelers would have kicked a little more of their arse in the second half and saved me from getting a few more gray hairs.

Neither the Pats or the Colts have running games and both QB's are tender. The Jets made the AFCCG last year too... they are a good team.

feltdizz
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM

We are better than the Jets and were better than that Denver team despite our low seed (ala Green Bay this year).

Flat is not by itself an excuse for "why" the Jets lost. It is part of the reason they were HORRIFIC in the first half.
We are the better team.
We are no FIVE TIMES better than the Jets.

As I said in my prediction thread the Jets thrive on emotion and they were spent after last week.

I think the 9+ minute drive killed any emotion they had for this game. They made a game of it but Mendenhall was a beast.

pick6
01-24-2011, 11:59 PM
The Steelers won 3 games all on the road and then won the SB. Green Bay just won 3 games on the road....

And the excuse is what again??????

Don't take a pea shooter to a gun fight.... Jets were outplayed, out classed, out coached, and they are down and out.............

Period

pick6
01-25-2011, 12:03 AM

Exactly.

pick6
01-25-2011, 12:13 AM

This is true.

Quote, myself:

The Jets are good, true.

We are just not 24-3 at halftime better than the Jets. We are not 231 yards to only 50 better than the Jets.

My point was that the Jets HAVE NO CHANCE because they CANNOT be that "up" two weeks in a row.

The only reason we didnt CRUSH them like I said we would is that "we" lost intensity in the second half.

This is my whole point. When we play Steelers football we are 24-3 better than them. Most definately. This team has nothing for us. Running game smashed. 1 1/2 step drop quick passes to the side lines every play because you know you can't hold us off long enough to do a variety of patterns. Lebeau and Tomlin had our boys ready for their simpleton offense batting down those passes because we knew they were coming. I didn't see anything that told me they were flat. But what I did see was a run blocking clinic. We opened up a freaking IHOP franchise in the middle of Heinz. They were ready, they were pumped and they got manhandled.

pick6
01-25-2011, 12:15 AM

Captain Lemming
01-25-2011, 01:17 AM

This is true.

Quote, myself:

The Jets are good, true.

This is my whole point. When we play Steelers football we are 24-3 better than them. Most definately. This team has nothing for us. Running game smashed. 1 1/2 step drop quick passes to the side lines every play because you know you can't hold us off long enough to do a variety of patterns. Lebeau and Tomlin had our boys ready for their simpleton offense batting down those passes because we knew they were coming. I didn't see anything that told me they were flat. But what I did see was a run blocking clinic. We opened up a freaking IHOP franchise in the middle of Heinz. They were ready, they were pumped and they got manhandled.

We are not 231 yards to only 50 better than the ANYBODY in this league, if both teams are on their game.

Come on people, get real.
The Jets came out flat, that is no dis on our team.

Guess what? We came out flat in the second half, the Jets played with greater urgency, partly why the Jets did better. Oh THAT is easy to accept.

AngryAsian
01-25-2011, 04:47 AM

We really have to play stout in the middle. Rodgers loves the 3 step drop and toss to the quick slant right down the center of defenses. Potsie and LT will have their hands full with TEs and negating the slot receiver will have to be job #1. We negate this and get to Rodgers early and often, we collect another Championship. We negate their golden boy, this team won't be able to stand toe to toe with us.

Djfan
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I agree Asian. It looked like Chi figured that out also. His feathers can be ruffled.

SteelAbility
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
At one point Greenberg was giving Ben major props for "outplaying his stats." These guys are a bit of a mixed bag.