PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else struggling this Monday AM at work?

RussBII
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Oooof. I'm in bad shape today...

Here's hoping I can slink around on message boards and sports sites all day today.

proudpittsburgher
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
No way, bro. We lose last night, and my Monday would be hell. I am in, dare I say it, seventh heaven right now.

AkronSteel
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm sitting in my Monday morning meeting but I'm doing it from home this week!!! Still in my PJ's!!! The wonders of webinars!!! Gotta Love it!!! Plus I'm sporting my Steelers Hat!!!

:tt1

RussBII
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I could've worked from home but the boss called a meeting for today at 10:00.

Now he's not coming in and the meeting is canceled. I can't tell if i'm pissed or relieved.

Don't get me wrong, I'm jubilant, but i could be jubilant with another couple of hours of sleep too.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Still sick as ten dead men, and staying home. Love it though, because I feel better than I have in a few days. I can be on line all day with this.

Never thought I would love being sick!

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Pulled into my Dad's house between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. after the game. Slept for maybe 3 hours on his couch. Normally, I could come in to work late, but I have training at 9:00 this morning, so that wasn't an option. I can handle doing my regular workload while tired, but sitting through a boring training session that drags on and on is painful. I don't drink coffee either, so I have a 44 oz. Mountain Dew to help me stay awake this a.m.

Luckily, they just gave us a short break after the first hour, so I decided to log on here since I haven't checked in yet since the game. I can tell you that I would feel a lot worse the outcome of the game was different. It's a weird feeling to be bouncing off the walls on the inside in anticipation of another Super Bowl, while simultaneously dragging your body around physically.

Go Steelers.

:tt2 :tt1

NC Steeler Fan
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I am jubliant but dragging too. :Boobs

I don't drink anymore but I got little sleep staying up watching the post game
stuff and I have to be up at O-dark thirty as it is...

Man, it is a good feeling though...and I'll probably sleep like a rock tonight. :D

JDSteeler
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I called my boss to ask if I could come in at 10am instead of 8am...he said Yes!!

JD

Jooser
01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
I flew home this weekend to visit family and watch the game with my dad. Unfortunately, I was sick all weekend. I still enjoyed the game, but I flew home this morning and feel like death warmed over, and I didn't even drink a drop. I'm really fired up about last night, but I need to head back to bed and hope the Nyquil kicks in soon.

HERE WE GO FELLAS!!!!!!

ikestops85
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I went straight to the 5 hour energy drinks. I normally work a 12 hour day so I bought 3 of them for today. I've never used them before but I'm pretty amped up right now so it must be working. Hopefully I won't say something stupid in my 1:00 staff meeting.

I'm not that worried because my boss is a huge steeler fan. :Beer

flippy
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm tired as balls and I don't drink. Just stayed up all night with excitement.

grotonsteel
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
I am enjoying my work today....

I received lot of trash talk by Giants Fans turned Jets fans in office last week....No one is opening their yap today...

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I am enjoying my work today....

I received lot of trash talk by Giants Fans turned Jets fans in office last week....No one is opening their yap today...

Jets fans are just Giants fans who couldn't figure out how to spell those tough 6 letter words.

J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck!!!

Doyle37
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't have missed work for anything. Two weeks ago a Baltimoron that I work with was telling me how they were going to beat the Steelers. Well, last Monday he sticks his head into my office and states that the Ravens blew the game. As I tried to tell him it was a game of 2 halfs...he abruptly left and wouldn't listen to any possibility that the Steelers may have had something to do with the Ravens losing. I wanted to see if he had any comment today. We both arrived at the coffee machine at the same time. He got his coffee and left without a word. I just smiled.

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT A**HOLE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING IF WE HAD LOST. I HATE THOSE TYPE OF LOSERS !!

Djfan
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't have missed work for anything. Two weeks ago a Baltimoron that I work with was telling me how they were going to beat the Steelers. Well, last Monday he sticks his head into my office and states that the Ravens blew the game. As I tried to tell him it was a game of 2 halfs...he abruptly left and wouldn't listen to any possibility that the Steelers may have had something to do with the Ravens losing. I wanted to see if he had any comment today. We both arrived at the coffee machine at the same time. He got his coffee and left without a word. I just smiled.

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT A**HOLE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING IF WE HAD LOST. I HATE THOSE TYPE OF LOSERS !!

Were you wearing a jersey?

Mister Pittsburgh
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I get 4 weeks vacation so figured today would be a wise day to take one. Glad I did. After sitting in the cold cheering on the Steelers, having a few beverages, and then when attempting to meet my 60 yr old dad after the game I found out he got punched in the face by a Jets fan leaving the stadium. So the old man had a gash in his face and blood all over himself.

Then, I stayed up late watching replays.

Love going to the games, but it is tough to tell what the hell is really happening some of the time so rewatching is great.

Today has been awesome. Took a 3 hour nap and watched Sportscenter and NFL Network all day.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
I get 4 weeks vacation so figured today would be a wise day to take one. Glad I did. After sitting in the cold cheering on the Steelers, having a few beverages, and then when attempting to meet my 60 yr old dad after the game I found out he got punched in the face by a Jets fan leaving the stadium. So the old man had a gash in his face and blood all over himself.

Then, I stayed up late watching replays.

Love going to the games, but it is tough to tell what the hell is really happening some of the time so rewatching is great.

Today has been awesome. Took a 3 hour nap and watched Sportscenter and NFL Network all day.

Classless. Did they catch the scum? How is Pops?

Doyle37
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Were you wearing a jersey?

No. I don't need one. There are only 2 Steeler fans here at work ( Cocoa Beach ) and everyone knows who we are.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Nope. He said he simply said nice game with a smile on his face, giving the fan a hard time a little but nothing too bad, and the guy punched him and when he got up the dude was gone.

He's fine. Little war wound on the nose but he was laughing and was pumped the Steelers won. No Jets turd bag could of taken the grin off his face.

There were a boatload of Jets fans in our section, 519, and most were real cool people just there to support their team and have a good time. Not much trash talking at all other than the good natured ribbing type.

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2011, 04:18 PM
In our section (525) a staggering drunk Jets fan (a little guy), grabbed the hat off a Steeler fan (a big guy), and threw it. The big Steeler fan starts wailing on the little drunk Jets guy mercilessly. Both guys were in their 20's, though...no one was beating on any 60 year olds. Security removed both of them eventually. But the Jets fans that were right near us were good guys. We were having intelligent discussions with them regarding whether or not replay reviews would be overturned, etc.