PDA

View Full Version : Even Rats fans giving props to Ben

JAR
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Yup, well except for the last childish post.....

did hell freeze over?

:shock:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=283512

people ask my year after year what makes the Steelers so resilient, and I can't not come back to Big Ben.

You saw it again last night, when the JETS has the momentum, the steelers offense went suddenly flat in the 2nd half.

but, during the last drive, with the game on the line, Ben did what Brady and Manning could not do - move out of the pocket, scramble, run at times and throw 2 amazing passes on 3rd downs to kill the clock.

it is what Ben does - nuff said......

I know you all hate him, and some of it has nothing to with football, but as long as he is upright, nimble, alive - he will be a force to reckon with.....

I agree. Ben is the best QB in the league. He drives the Steelers.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Couldn't sleep last night, so I was reading other teams message boards. Lots of props from Pats fans too. Many of them saying Ben is elite and while it isn't always pretty, he makes the plays when he has too.

On the Colts board however, not so much credit. Read a lot of "If Manning had Ben's great defense and running game, Peyton could win too". Wanted to post Manning's stats in their Superbowl run, but decided to keep my mouth shut and move on. Pretty sure Manning only had 1 TD and 4 INTs during that run.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Couldn't sleep last night, so I was reading other teams message boards. Lots of props from Pats fans too. Many of them saying Ben is elite and while it isn't always pretty, he makes the plays when he has too.

On the Colts board however, not so much credit. Read a lot of "If Manning had Ben's great defense and running game, Peyton could win too". Wanted to post Manning's stats in their Superbowl run, but decided to keep my mouth shut and move on. Pretty sure Manning only had 1 TD and 4 INTs during that run.

Ask them how Manning would do with Ben's O line.

chiken
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Tell them that they Cant Afford Bens Defense w/ all the money they ration out to the offense, specifically the quaterback.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Tell them that they Cant Afford Bens Defense w/ all the money they ration out to the offense, specifically the quaterback.

Yep, I've told them both that and the comment on the oline. After that, they got pretty quiet :lol:

proudpittsburgher
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM

Yep, I've told them both that and the comment on the oline. After that, they got pretty quiet :lol:

Colts fans on the whole, are pretty weak on football knowlege. You are not going to get into a long battle with any of them because they just don't know the game very well.

grotonsteel
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM

:Agree

steelblood
01-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Hate to burst your bubble JAR, but the original poster is named TROY43. He is hardly a RAvens' fan.

hawaiiansteel
01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Colts fans on the whole, are pretty weak on football knowlege. You are not going to get into a long battle with any of them because they just don't know the game very well.

no, but you can always discuss car racing with them... :wink:

fezziwig
01-24-2011, 04:21 PM

wow ! that's spot on

JAR
01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Hate to burst your bubble JAR, but the original poster is named TROY43. He is hardly a RAvens' fan.

Ah, I see that. Well, one raven's fan gave props to Ben...