PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 AFCC – Jets

redundantman
01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
1. The Bears looked like they didn’t want it. They got what they wanted.

2. The Packers look beatable.

3. I have to offer congratulations to the Jets. They had every reason to turtle in the second half but they came out and kept fighting. They have heart. They just don’t have enough talent (especially at QB).

4. I like Rex Ryan. The thing I like about him is that whereas he may have a big mouth he also does what he can to back it up. No excuses offered and a refusal to back down. Steve Tasker was interviewing him after the game and he had tears in his eyes.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAMB3DpbtI-30VqewcRTZ13ovEqEIZan8D5ovziNfwixG4ViHQlw
Really, who amongst us hasn't cried when forced to talk to Steve Tasker?

5. I also like Sanchex. And not just because he was caught on camera wiping a booger on Mark Brunell.

[youtube:8eb5fu28]EHtttx6P7kg[/youtube:8eb5fu28]
Really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to do that at some point in their life?

6. Speaking of embarrassing camera moments … Mendenhall … WTF?

[youtube:8eb5fu28]2lgeR-ZQ-0M[/youtube:8eb5fu28]
And really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to rape Ben Roethlisberger?

7. My brother told me that the locals have dubbed Antonio Brown “Boom-box Brown” for his unorthodox manner of carrying the football after the catch.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToDlEE5g83nJftOvPSOK66vsYbwz0Ze akYiN_plCQlIHPj7vT9qw
“Everybody was KUNG FOO FIGHTING! …”

8. The thing I love about this game is that it was completely in character. Consistency is a hallmark of greatness.

9. You see, the Steelers did not play over their heads. They played their brand of football. Close games that rely on big plays when big plays are needed. What we saw today (yesterday), ANNOYING AS IT WAS … IS the 2010 Steelers. This is how they roll.

10. Hats off to the Offensive Line! They’ve been huge the last two weeks. The toughest job in the NFL is trying to block for a QB like Ben.

11. Tough break about Pouncey. It will be killing him to now be able to take the field 2 weeks from now.

12. Props to Mendenhall. It was great to watch the offense just run it down their throats.

13. In watching the post game on NFL Network it seems like they are finally getting it. Yes, Ben Roethlisberger is special. Yes he is an elite QB. They phrase they use to refer to Ben is “He does what he does”.

14. Props to the crowd yelling “Heeeeath” after Miller blocked that Jet into the endzone.

15. Props to the officials for calling a fairly decent game. There were some good no-calls in this game.

16. If the Steelers lose the Super Bowl it will be because of Suisham.

17. When the Steelers went up 17-0 the camera guys were gracious enough to give us a sideline shot of Santonio. I felt a great disturbance in the Steeler Nation as if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in unbridled schadenfreude “ That’s how you be beat!”.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzrrbkdDy28NqQNrxXMjYK8hfBTLoBm _wESqzXLLXMT7bXE1w4
R. I. P. Santonio …

18. Oh, and props to Bruce freaking Arians! Yes, I said Bruce Arians. Two run-heavy drives followed by a pass-oriented drive. Yes it is true that the Steelers were shut out in the second half but it is also true that they didn’t need any points in the second half.

19. I guess Willie Gay had his big play for the year. We can put him on injured reserve now. Even if he and the Super Bowl have something in common:

[youtube:8eb5fu28]R8pxMXiYaNk[/youtube:8eb5fu28]
And really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to grab an out of tune ukulele and proclaim the sexual orientation of the premiere American sporting event in song?

20. The Steelers won because of 47 seconds in the first half. 47 seconds = 14 points.

21. Halftime – 24-3. Folk barely keeps it inside the left upright. How you feeling about that pick Cowher?

22. Ike falls down and gives up a TD to Santonio. 24-10.

23. I started the game fairly calm … wasn’t terribly nervous all day. But boy by the end of the first 2 drives I was a wreck!

24. The second half (in my opinion) was the Steelers trusting their defense and the Jets making a few plays. We learned much more about the Jets in the second half than we learned about the Steelers. DLB has yet to show all his cards. Which is fortuitous because he will need an ace or two up his sleeve to beat the Packers.

25. HUGE goal line stand after a long Jets drive. Yeah the Steelers coughed it up but I’ll trade 7 points for 2 points all day long.

26. 2:00 warning with a 3rd down … do you keep it on the ground and assure yourself of robbing the Jets of another 30 seconds or do you put the ball in Ben’s hands? Before you confidently answer (especially all of you criticizing BA for his second half) consider that the Steelers had been fairly conservative in the second half). BA put the ball in Ben’s hands. That speaks volumes.

27. As expected thousands stay in zero degree weather to watch the Steelers take possession of the Lamar Hunt Trophy. One of my favorite things about these sorts of postgame festivities is the sideline reporters asking their typical questions and the players and coaches completely ignoring the questions and basically giving shout-outs and props.

28. The Steelers now have the same number of Super Bowl appearances and more Super Bowl wins than the Cowboys. How fitting that they will get 7 at Jerry World. What a fitting dagger; deep in the heart of Texas.

29. Perspective: We are spoiled. So terribly, terribly spoiled. I wonder if Dan Rooney is annoyed when he has to (yet again) walk up the steps of the podium in freezing temperatures and take possession of yet another trophy that he doesn’t have room for. We, as football fans, are terribly, terribly spoiled. Isn’t it awesome to be a Steelers fan?

30. P.S. to Roger Godell … Harrison and Roethlisberger will gladly take the trophy and your congratulations should they win this Super Bowl.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
1. The Bears looked like they didn’t want it. They got what they wanted.

2. The Packers look beatable.

3. I have to offer congratulations to the Jets. They had every reason to turtle in the second half but they came out and kept fighting. They have heart. They just don’t have enough talent (especially at QB).

4. I like Rex Ryan. The thing I like about him is that whereas he may have a big mouth he also does what he can to back it up. No excuses offered and a refusal to back down. Steve Tasker was interviewing him after the game and he had tears in his eyes.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAMB3DpbtI-30VqewcRTZ13ovEqEIZan8D5ovziNfwixG4ViHQlw
Really, who amongst us hasn't cried when forced to talk to Steve Tasker?

5. I also like Sanchex. And not just because he was caught on camera wiping a booger on Mark Brunell.

[youtube:1lneyhf1]EHtttx6P7kg[/youtube:1lneyhf1]
Really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to do that at some point in their life?

6. Speaking of embarrassing camera moments … Mendenhall … WTF?

[youtube:1lneyhf1]2lgeR-ZQ-0M[/youtube:1lneyhf1]
And really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to rape Ben Roethlisberger?

7. My brother told me that the locals have dubbed Antonio Brown “Boom-box Brown” for his unorthodox manner of carrying the football after the catch.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToDlEE5g83nJftOvPSOK66vsYbwz0Ze akYiN_plCQlIHPj7vT9qw
“Everybody was KUNG FOO FIGHTING! …”

8. The thing I love about this game is that it was completely in character. Consistency is a hallmark of greatness.

9. You see, the Steelers did not play over their heads. They played their brand of football. Close games that rely on big plays when big plays are needed. What we saw today (yesterday), ANNOYING AS IT WAS … IS the 2010 Steelers. This is how they roll.

10. Hats off to the Offensive Line! They’ve been huge the last two weeks. The toughest job in the NFL is trying to block for a QB like Ben.

11. Tough break about Pouncey. It will be killing him to now be able to take the field 2 weeks from now.

12. Props to Mendenhall. It was great to watch the offense just run it down their throats.

13. In watching the post game on NFL Network it seems like they are finally getting it. Yes, Ben Roethlisberger is special. Yes he is an elite QB. They phrase they use to refer to Ben is “He does what he does”.

14. Props to the crowd yelling “Heeeeath” after Miller blocked that Jet into the endzone.

15. Props to the officials for calling a fairly decent game. There were some good no-calls in this game.

16. If the Steelers lose the Super Bowl it will be because of Suisham.

17. When the Steelers went up 17-0 the camera guys were gracious enough to give us a sideline shot of Santonio. I felt a great disturbance in the Steeler Nation as if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in unbridled schadenfreude “ That’s how you be beat!”.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzrrbkdDy28NqQNrxXMjYK8hfBTLoBm _wESqzXLLXMT7bXE1w4
R. I. P. Santonio …

18. Oh, and props to Bruce freaking Arians! Yes, I said Bruce Arians. Two run-heavy drives followed by a pass-oriented drive. Yes it is true that the Steelers were shut out in the second half but it is also true that they didn’t need any points in the second half.

19. I guess Willie Gay had his big play for the year. We can put him on injured reserve now. Even if he and the Super Bowl have something in common:

[youtube:1lneyhf1]R8pxMXiYaNk[/youtube:1lneyhf1]
And really, who amongst us hasn’t wanted to grab an out of tune ukulele and proclaim the sexual orientation of the premiere American sporting event in song?

20. The Steelers won because of 47 seconds in the first half. 47 seconds = 14 points.

21. Halftime – 24-3. Folk barely keeps it inside the left upright. How you feeling about that pick Cowher?

22. Ike falls down and gives up a TD to Santonio. 24-10.

23. I started the game fairly calm … wasn’t terribly nervous all day. But boy by the end of the first 2 drives I was a wreck!

24. The second half (in my opinion) was the Steelers trusting their defense and the Jets making a few plays. We learned much more about the Jets in the second half than we learned about the Steelers. DLB has yet to show all his cards. Which is fortuitous because he will need an ace or two up his sleeve to beat the Packers.

25. HUGE goal line stand after a long Jets drive. Yeah the Steelers coughed it up but I’ll trade 7 points for 2 points all day long.

26. 2:00 warning with a 3rd down … do you keep it on the ground and assure yourself of robbing the Jets of another 30 seconds or do you put the ball in Ben’s hands? Before you confidently answer (especially all of you criticizing BA for his second half) consider that the Steelers had been fairly conservative in the second half). BA put the ball in Ben’s hands. That speaks volumes.

27. As expected thousands stay in zero degree weather to watch the Steelers take possession of the Lamar Hunt Trophy. One of my favorite things about these sorts of postgame festivities is the sideline reporters asking their typical questions and the players and coaches completely ignoring the questions and basically giving shout-outs and props.

28. The Steelers now have the same number of Super Bowl appearances and more Super Bowl wins than the Cowboys. How fitting that they will get 7 at Jerry World. What a fitting dagger; deep in the heart of Texas.

29. Perspective: We are spoiled. So terribly, terribly spoiled. I wonder if Dan Rooney is annoyed when he has to (yet again) walk up the steps of the podium in freezing temperatures and take possession of yet another trophy that he doesn’t have room for. We, as football fans, are terribly, terribly spoiled. Isn’t it awesome to be a Steelers fan?

30. P.S. to Roger Godell … Harrison and Roethlisberger will gladly take the trophy and your congratulations should they win this Super Bowl.

I think Mr. Rooney and Coach Tomlin will make it a point, no matter who was the MVP of the game, to put Big Ben and Harrison on the podium, so Goodell cannot avoid giving them the trophy.

Tomlinator
01-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Great post as always, Redundantman. Completely agree with #9 and #24.

Got a little concerned in the second half after watching a stellar first half. It looked like the offense played not to lose until the last two big first downs to ice it. I recall only one drive where we moved it with consistency – the one where we eventually gave up 2 sacks and punted.

Props to the Jets for hanging tough, but I thought we were one second half field goal away from breaking them for good and cruising to the win.

redundantman
01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I think Mr. Rooney and Coach Tomlin will make it a point, no matter who was the MVP of the game, to put Big Ben and Harrison on the podium, so Goodell cannot avoid giving them the trophy.

I hope they do.

ikestops85
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
I've got one criticism of AB in this game. When you make the biggest catch of your career to ice the AFCC game STAY ON THE GROUND ... and if you have to get up why are you running out of bounds?

I know I'm being very picky but it seemed like it took forever for that clock to hit zero in the 2nd half so I wanted every second gone as fast as possible. Especially with the trouble we were having snapping the ball. Yes, I'm a worry wart and a glass half empty type of guy when it comes to Steeler games. :)

Djfan
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks RM!

How is your dad?

Oviedo
01-24-2011, 12:32 PM

I hope they do.

+2 I want to see that a$$ give the trophy to Ben. I hope Ben give him a big sweaty hug

NW Steeler
01-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Redundant - Great post as usual.

I thought Ben played good despite his 35 rating. The pick he threw was a bit surprising. NY pass defense is pretty damn good. Losing Pouncey killed us in the second half IMO. The goal line stand was incredible. And the two third down conversion to ice the game were just plain clutch.
We will have to put two solid halves together to get #7. Good second half v. the Ravens, relatively bad second half v. the Jets. GB will be a similar matchup to the Jets, I think. They have great corners and a stout front 7. Rodgers will give our D some problems. If we shut their run game down and Ben "does what he does", the Steelers should be hoisting #7!!!

aggiebones
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Oddly, GB played a similar game to us. Crushed Chitown in the first half, then turtled in the second. They darn near lost that game to a 3rd string QB.

redundantman
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks RM!

How is your dad?
Thanks for asking he is doing well. These games aren't being kind but hey, a life without excitement is a life less ... interesting ...

redundantman
01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Redundant - Great post as usual.

I thought Ben played good despite his 35 rating. The pick he threw was a bit surprising. NY pass defense is pretty damn good. Losing Pouncey killed us in the second half IMO. The goal line stand was incredible. And the two third down conversion to ice the game were just plain clutch.
We will have to put two solid halves together to get #7. Good second half v. the Ravens, relatively bad second half v. the Jets. GB will be a similar matchup to the Jets, I think. They have great corners and a stout front 7. Rodgers will give our D some problems. If we shut their run game down and Ben "does what he does", the Steelers should be hoisting #7!!!

All the sports media types are picking up on the "stats don't tell the tale on what Ben is doing" line now. Ben is being referred to as "elite" ... unless you are Warren Sapp who apparently defines elite via statistics alone (except Super Bowl rings of course).

SidSmythe
01-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Boom Box Brown
:lol:

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Oddly, GB played a similar game to us. Crushed Chitown in the first half, then turtled in the second. They darn near lost that game to a 3rd string QB.

Second half performances out of both teams were weird to say the least. If we dominated the second half like we did the first, I think we are a 2-point favorite today.