PDA

View Full Version : Are we destined not to know what's going on with Troy?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
On that one sideline tackle, he was definitely looking like his old heat-seeking missile self, lots of explosiveness.

But we really didn't hear his number called too much otherwise ... is he not really healthy? Has there been an official injury report on him?

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
He has an achilles injury. Was reported it does not need surgery. Injury needs R and R.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I just think that the teams are game planning against Troy and do a very good job of it. Ben has said he always knows where Ed Reed is and avoids him at all costs. Maybe that's what they've done to Troy. Even though he hasn't made any huge splash plays, the offenses have to take him into account and it's allowing other plays to come up big.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
I just think that the teams are game planning against Troy and do a very good job of it. Ben has said he always knows where Ed Reed is and avoids him at all costs. Maybe that's what they've done to Troy. Even though he hasn't made any huge splash plays, the offenses have to take him into account and it's allowing other plays to come up big.

^^ This is what I was kind of thinking, or maybe hoping. He was moving way too fast on that one tackle for me to think his Achilles was a big drag on him.

The only thing I worry about is that his force of will is so huge that maybe he made the play despite the Achilles really being in bad shape, and that might have set him way back in his recovery.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 09:53 AM

^^ This is what I was kind of thinking, or maybe hoping. He was moving way too fast on that one tackle for me to think his Achilles was a big drag on him.

The only thing I worry about is that his force of will is so huge that maybe he made the play despite the Achilles really being in bad shape, and that might have set him way back in his recovery.

Yep, Troy looked quick on several plays and honestly didn't look injured at all. It'll be interesting to hear how Troy feels in the next few days and if he's limping around the facility....

Relentless7
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
The thing that's most concerning to me, even more than lack of "splash plays", is the fact that outside of a handful of snaps he was nowhere near the LOS pre-snap like he constantly is when he is "right".

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
The thing that's most concerning to me, even more than lack of "splash plays", is the fact that outside of a handful of snaps he was nowhere near the LOS pre-snap like he constantly is when he is "right".

That's definately a good point and I agree. But I also look at it in that this is the playoffs. We're playing the BEST teams out there, so it's not gonna be as easy for Troy to guess 'right' and be as successful. It's one thing to have those plays against the Browns/Panthers/Bengals. It's entirely a different thing to do it against playoff teams. They're there for a reason...

Sugar
01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I thought Troy was playing off the LOS to make up for other deficiencies in our secondary. BMac has been injured and probably not 100% himself.

Tomlinator
01-24-2011, 10:28 AM

That's definately a good point and I agree. But I also look at it in that this is the playoffs. We're playing the BEST teams out there, so it's not gonna be as easy for Troy to guess 'right' and be as successful. It's one thing to have those plays against the Browns/Panthers/Bengals. It's entirely a different thing to do it against playoff teams. They're there for a reason...

Playing Troy deep is a Jedi mind trick being employed by LeBeau. He'll have him line up at nose guard in the Super Bowl.

flippy
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Troy is playing deep coverage.

chiken
01-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I think the guy is fine (or fine enough). They arent attacking him and on a couple of occassions Sanchez had to hold the ball because Troy was route-trapping. You hardly ever see anything long thrown in the Area that he is covering ...

I think he is allowing our Defense to defend one side of the field kinda like what Revis does, expect as a qb you have to figure out what side he is on and whether he is deep or at the line and better yet if he is going to Stay there after the snap.

grotonsteel
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't want injured Troy near LOS. With B-Mac injured its better to have Troy in deep coverage.

Yesterday they tried a to blitz Sanchez with Troy from his blind side but Jets O-line picked it perfectly.

steelblood
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Troy and BMac are not close to 100 %. That is pretty obvious.

We need to hope that they heal up a bit over the next two weeks.

Steeler Shades
01-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I missed him on the S. Holmes TD catch. 8)

Djfan
01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I missed him on the S. Holmes TD catch. 8)

He was tight to the line on that play. I saw him sneak up and thought "Long pass." Didn't count on the fall down.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Troy & Clark are both playing FS & SS. Clark is doing some of the Troy stuff, probably just not to a Troy-esque level, so we don't notice as much. We noticed last week vs. the Ravens though.

fezziwig
01-24-2011, 03:42 PM

That is how I think too. Face it, would you rather pass against Troy or taylor a guy that hardly ever gets a pick or McFadden that is injured or Gay that hasn't shown he is a constant threat or Clark ?

No insult to all these guys but Troy is a lot better than them.