PDA

View Full Version : the Case for KEMO

SidSmythe
01-24-2011, 07:50 AM
THE CASE FOR KEMO
SidSmythe Publishing
Steelers Nation, USA ... Chris Kemoeatu is one solid RG away from being the weakest link on the Steelers O-Line. In his 6th season in the NFL, 4th season as a full time starter the Steelers have won 1 Superbowl already and are on their way to a 2nd.

OK, ENOUGH OF THIS FORMAL ARTICLE GARBAGE!!

KEMO often has me scratching my head on some plays. But is he really that bad???

He has a modest contract ... he misses every now and then on his assignments ... but has he been unfairly scrutinized replacing Alan Faneca??

I personally think his play has improved with the presence of Pouncey.

He plays THRU the whistle
For a man of his size he moves well
He's the first man to stick up for a teammate if an opposing player wants to mess w/ another Steelers, especially Ben
HE looks like he's miserable and probably only plays the game to punish people. But you watch him when the team scores, he's one happy Ma'afala!!

IF KEMO ends up the weak link on the O-LINE eventually, so be it.

steelblood
01-24-2011, 08:13 AM
he's got 2 or 3 years left on that big contract. i don't think he's necessarily worth it. 5 mil per could be well spent on other positions like CB. if we can cut him this year with no salary cap impact, we must consider it. but, we won't.

SidSmythe
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
His contract was
5 yr for $20 million ($4 million signing bonus)

I was thinking it was more in the $3 million per year range, but I wouldn't call $4 million a year breaking the bank, especially since he's not a huge liability if we ever cut him ($800,000 cap hit)

steelblood
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I like Kemo. I just feel that he is a below average talent at everything except pulling and playing dirty. But, we won't cut him because he knows the offense and has improved this season under Kugs. We need to make Kugs assistant head coach immediately.