PDA

View Full Version : BA -

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Maybe DJ's cold is contagious, maybe I should take my temperature ... but it KINDA seemed to me that BA game planned against these guys ... he had a lot of nice little short passes out in the flat, which seemed to be very effective against the 8 in the box Rexy had dialed up.

Nah, can't be. I need a doctor!!

flippy
01-24-2011, 12:20 AM
We weren't ready for the second half. And didn't adjust that much either.

If the Jets played that way to start, BA would have been a goat again.

steelz09
01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Agreed -- We needed to put the nail in the coffin in the 3rd quarter. Instead, we did run, run, pass on every possession especially allow the Jets to make it a game.

I'm not saying we should have had risky play calling in the 3rd but there are such things as safe, short passes that at least will keep the defense honest.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
I thought the game plan for the 1st half was excellent. In the second half some of the 'old habits' came back and it was frustrating. that might have been adjustments made by the Jets, but the Steelers did nothing to counter them.

eniparadoxgma
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Agreed -- We needed to put the nail in the coffin in the 3rd quarter. Instead, we did run, run, pass on every possession especially allow the Jets to make it a game.

I'm not saying we should have had risky play calling in the 3rd but there are such things as safe, short passes that at least will keep the defense honest.

Also agree. I almost broke my foot off in my TV.