PDA

View Full Version : This just in....

Dee Dub
01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Rex Ryan has just proclaimed the Jets are gonna win the Super Bowl next year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2011, 11:51 PM
It wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if they did.

They knocked off the Colts and the Patriots, and came pretty close to eliminating the Steelers. I know Rex is a loudmouth, but my hat is off to him. Good coaching job this season.

steelsnis
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Rex put his foot in his mouth once again..........Bazinga!

ramblinjim
01-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Jets played great in the Second half. Those guys play hard, they seem to be well coached, wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them win one or two.

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Every once in a while the Steelers let someone else win just so they believe they're actually in the game. :)

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Jets arent going no where next year. Steelers are about to go on a run of three straight.

steelblood
01-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Jets arent going no where next year. Steelers are about to go on a run of three straight.

3 straight?

I am not sure how we will stop the Packers spread offense. Did you watch BMac tonight? He can't cover anyone right now. Even when he tries to take the slant away, he can't do it. Jones, Jennings, Driver, and Nelson are licking their chops.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with this team. But to talk about 3 straight is just silly. They have a very tough matchup in this Super Bowl. The Steelers corners will have to play their best collective game of the year to win.

Dee Dub
01-24-2011, 12:52 AM

3 straight?

I am not sure how we will stop the Packers spread offense. Did you watch BMac tonight? He can't cover anyone right now. Even when he tries to take the slant away, he can't do it. Jones, Jennings, Driver, and Nelson are licking their chops.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with this team. But to talk about 3 straight is just silly. They have a very tough matchup in this Super Bowl. The Steelers corners will have to play their best collective game of the year to win.

I know the Packers will be tough but there is no way this defense is ever going to lose this Super Bowl. We're talkin "No Blink". This is the most dominatating defense the league has seen in a long time. And we may even get better if Smitty can play.

Steelers>NFL
01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":1vq6yjsn]Jets arent going no where next year. Steelers are about to go on a run of three straight.

3 straight?

I know the Packers will be tough but there is no way this defense is ever going to lose this Super Bowl. We're talkin "No Blink". This is the most dominatating defense the league has seen in a long time. And we may even get better if Smitty can play.[/quote:1vq6yjsn]

where was the dominating defens in the second half of the game last night???
I kept looking for it.
Only thing they did was the goal line stand. Tha's it.

Djfan
01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
[quote=steelblood][quote="Dee Dub":q8r9uqdx]Jets arent going no where next year. Steelers are about to go on a run of three straight.

3 straight?

I know the Packers will be tough but there is no way this defense is ever going to lose this Super Bowl. We're talkin "No Blink". This is the most dominatating defense the league has seen in a long time. And we may even get better if Smitty can play.[/quote:q8r9uqdx]

I kept looking for it.
Only thing they did was the goal line stand. Tha's it.[/quote:q8r9uqdx]

We can only look at that play with awe. It was beyond amazing.

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
[quote=steelblood][quote="Dee Dub":1wbwwthf]Jets arent going no where next year. Steelers are about to go on a run of three straight.

3 straight?

I know the Packers will be tough but there is no way this defense is ever going to lose this Super Bowl. We're talkin "No Blink". This is the most dominatating defense the league has seen in a long time. And we may even get better if Smitty can play.[/quote:1wbwwthf]

I kept looking for it.
Only thing they did was the goal line stand. Tha's it.[/quote:1wbwwthf]

The Jets made adjustments at half time. I expected that from Ryan's team. On the long TD to Holmes, Ike fell. It wasn't a blown coverage by him, it happens. The TD to Cotchery was pick play and worked well. The Jets knew they had 30 minutes to save their season and it showed in the second half. Both their offense and defense played better than the Steelers.

This is the second game the Steelers only played a great 30 minutes. That's not gonna get it done in the SB.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
This is the second game the Steelers only played a great 30 minutes. That's not gonna get it done in the SB.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

papillon
01-24-2011, 12:50 PM
The Steelers haven't played a complete game against a quality opponent all year. I don't expect that to change. Yesterday all three phases played as expected in the first half and the result is 24-3 lead.

In the second half the special teams played the same as the first, but the offense and defense played less than their normal output and the Jets got back in the game. And, in true 2010 Steeler fashion they made the plays when necessary on both offense (two crucial third down conversions) and defense (goal line stand).

It's never been real pretty this year, but it's been exciting and with one more win this "flawed" team will hoist Lombardi #7. :tt2

Pappy