PDA

View Full Version : Puncy Ankle SPRAINED, not broken -Tomlin interview post game

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
He said that without any "possible", or "likely".

Wooooo!

High ankle, though. But not broken ... always hope!!

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
The good news, at least, is that Ben would have two weeks to work with Legursky. The guy was serviceable. But I believe much of our running woes in the 2nd half had to do with Pouncey being out. The Jets D is one of the better Ds against both the run and the pass. Too bad for them they played the run like :Boobs all 1st half.

:mrgreen:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
The good news, at least, is that Ben would have two weeks to work with Legursky. The guy was serviceable. But I believe much of our running woes in the 2nd half had to do with Pouncey being out. The Jets D is one of the better Ds against both the run and the pass. Too bad for them they played the run like :Boobs all 1st half.

SteelAbility - that's bouncy :Boobs , not Pouncey!!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Think we could smuggle in Mike Pouncey and pass him off as Maurkice?

Steelgal
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
BIG NEWS from Jim Wexell.... Just got his tweet

"saw Pouncey on crutches. He told me it's a sprain. I asked if 2 weeks. He said "3 days."

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2011, 11:57 PM
BIG NEWS from Jim Wexell.... Just got his tweet

"saw Pouncey on crutches. He told me it's a sprain. I asked if 2 weeks. He said "3 days."

If Maurkice knows, that is VERY good news!

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 11:57 PM

SteelAbility - that's bouncy :Boobs , not Pouncey!!

Of course. But I was referring to the Jets run D in the 1st half. Not Maurkice. :D

On another note, I do like the idea of sneaking Mike Pouncey in and passing him off as Maurkice. :mrgreen:

Crash
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Pouncey told Jim Colony that he KNOWS how to treat a HAS.

We'll see.

flippy
01-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Pouncy said he's definitely playing in the SuperBowl. He'll be fine. Not sure if that's bravado or what.

steelblood
01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
The Steelers need a HEALTHY Pouncey to challenge the Pack. The Packers have the type of offense that gives our D fits.

Shawn
01-24-2011, 01:11 AM
This is terrific news. I just hope it's a minor high ankle sprain because those can linger for the course of a career.

papillon
01-24-2011, 01:19 AM
This is terrific news. I just hope it's a minor high ankle sprain because those can linger for the course of a career.

Okay, Dr. Killjoy enough of the career lingering injury talk! :twisted:

:tt2 :tt2

Pappy

Shawn
01-24-2011, 01:21 AM

Pappy

Sorry...my mind always goes to worse case scenerios with these things.

MicroBioSteel
01-24-2011, 02:08 AM
The Steelers need a HEALTHY Pouncey to challenge the Pack. The Packers have the type of offense that gives our D fits.

Actually 3-4 D's have posed less of a problem than 4-3s. Historically. Just saying.

SidSmythe
01-24-2011, 07:07 AM

Pappy

Sorry...my mind always goes to worse case scenerios with these things.

ur a med guy ... ur thinking "$$$" no money in sprained ankles. lets break that sucker and get a cast on it. Then pass a referral to my P.T. guy.

Low ankle sprains use to be like clockwork for me. Had my first high ankle sprain last year and that was awful. Whole new ballgame ...from the angle he got hit, it most likely was a high ankle sprain but 2 weeks should be enough time to get it ready but it will be tender.

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
It didn't look good at all for Pouncey. I suspect he will have an MRI. I hope he will be fine and find a way to recover. Even with Pouncey in the line up, I don't like the way the Steeler Oline matches up with the Packers front 7. Not having him there can only make things worse.

frankthetank1
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
the thought of maybe not having pouncey playing in the super bowl against raji is scary.

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Shawn may be the Med Guy here, but I think this situation requires Asian's involvement instead.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/74846/kander_miyagi_medium.jpg

:x :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I hope he is ready to go. Bronco did well in his relief. I'm sure Pouncey will rest it as much as possible over the next two weeks and Bronco will get alot of reps. Chris Scott played C at TN so he might get some work as an emergency guy.

MeetJoeGreene
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
He says that he is playing (FWIW)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-311579 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Maurkice-Pouncey-says-he-s-definitely-playing-?urn=nfl-311579)

Jay Cutler just tweeted and said that Pouncy is a wussbag if he doesn't play.

MeetJoeGreene
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
He says that he is playing (FWIW)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-311579 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Maurkice-Pouncey-says-he-s-definitely-playing-?urn=nfl-311579)

Djfan
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Trouble maker!!

proudpittsburgher
01-24-2011, 12:34 PM

No doubt Pouncy has an impact, but I think our running woes in the second half had a lot to do with them knowing we were going to run and abandon the passing game, which we did. Pouncy left the game after the first drive, but Mendy still ran well throughout the first half, with legursky in there.

snarky
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
This might be a worcl class ******* move, but if I was GM of the Packers I would be thinking hard today about waiving my last guy on the 53 and sign Justin Hartwig.