PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and short... season on the line... formation is ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Empty backfield!

Remember how just a year ago (like the Browns game, for example), we all would have exploding heads with that call? "What do you mean no "ground and pound"???

We are not the same team any more ... we are Ben's team ... we don't need to run to win ... though we can!!

spyboots
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Nice observation! :tt1

papillon
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Empty backfield!

Remember how just a year ago (like the Browns game, for example), we all would have exploding heads with that call? "What do you mean no "ground and pound"???

We are not the same team any more ... we are Ben's team ... we don't need to run to win ... though we can!!

That took a huge set of kajones to make that call. Of course, it's a lot easier iof Ben is your quarterback.

Pappy

drprwnap
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Tomlin just said (post game) "we were playing to win the game. We weren't playing not to lose".

TallyStiller
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Let's all say it together... Ben is an elite NFL quarterback. Even with sometimes spotty pass blocking from his line, we can ask him to make the same plays that you would ask of a Brady or a Manning.

What's going to be fun is watching Ben prove what he is on the Super Bowl stage after what is sure to be a two week Super Bowl media lead up slobbering over Aaron Rodgers as the greatest quarterback in the history of mankind. I hope Ben listens and listens good to all the a$$ ki$$ing his opposite number is about to get and takes the field with a chip on his shoulder.

Ghost
01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I love Tomlin!! He's laughing about the season on the line play and "throwing it to a rookie out of Central Michigan". Just Awesome!

SidSmythe
01-23-2011, 11:25 PM
No way was Ben throwing that ball unless it was a guaranteed throw.

Running was predictable. . . i really believe the play was,

"Ben, find someone open. If you don't sit on it and let the clock run and we punt"

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
No way was Ben throwing that ball unless it was a guaranteed throw.

Running was predictable. . . i really believe the play was,

"Ben, find someone open. If you don't sit on it and let the clock run and we punt"

Exactly. The option to just go down is simple, easy to execute, always there and situationally effective. It was actually a great play call. Very little, if not, no impact on the subsequent punt from that field position.

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
season on the line?

Ghost
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
season on the line?

If the Jets get the ball back and score the season is over. Sorry I used a slight exaggeration and you had trouble figuring it out.

steelsnis
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
season on the line?

Yep. If Ben completes it for a first down, Steelers win.

Dude...we get that you don't like Roethlisberger, but even you can't find fault in that 3 & 6 throw to A.Brown to win the game.

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
season on the line?

If the Jets get the ball back and score the season is over. Sorry I used a slight exaggeration and you had trouble figuring it out.

The correcting wording would be "the sealing of the season on the line," implying that uncertainty would remain given failure to achieve 1st down. :mrgreen: :wink:

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
season on the line?

Yeah, but the season wasn't on the line. Lots of if's in there.

Our d was flat out amazing in the first half and protected the lead in the 2nd. They'd have stepped up and shut the Jet's down.

The season would have been on the line if we were losing by 5, not winning by 5.

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
season on the line?

Yep. If Ben completes it for a first down, Steelers win.

Dude...we get that you don't like Roethlisberger, but even you can't find fault in that 3 & 6 throw to A.Brown to win the game.

First off, screw you!

Second, I never stated I found fault with the throw.

I said the season was not on the line.

Ghost
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
season on the line?

Our d was flat out amazing in the first half and protected the lead in the 2nd. They'd have stepped up and shut the Jet's down.

The season would have been on the line if we were losing by 5, not winning by 5.

You'll argue about anything just for the sake of arguing.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 11:50 PM
season on the line?

No I won't!

feltdizz
season on the line?
Dude... now is not the time to be an azzz. It's celebration time

Irongut
season on the line?

If the season was on the line, the title would be correct. It wasn't.

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
season on the line?
Dude... now is not the time to be an azzz. It's celebration time
Not being anything. Just stating a fact. The game wasn't on the line. We were winning by 5 with around 2 minutes left and no timeouts for the Jets. We punt and pin them deep with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts. I have no doubt our defense would have been there.

It was a great play but the season wasn't on the line.

Ghost
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
season on the line?

You win. You are King Douche. The title is yours!! No need to keep posting, no one is close enough to take it away from you. Big congrats.
If the season was on the line, the title would be correct. It wasn't.

Crash
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
That play is a prime example of whats wrong with BA.

He waste's and entire half with jumbo sets and tight ends.

Season on the line? Spread them out with the rookies.

That's BS! Show some faith in them, and get (&^&*& Speath off the field.

eniparadoxgma
01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
You win. You are King Douche. The title is yours!! No need to keep posting, no one is close enough to take it away from you. Big congrats.

QFT. What a friggin douche lol. Even his idiotic ass can't bring me down right now though!

WOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1111111 111111111

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2