PDA

View Full Version : Defense....

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Great game!!!!!

TallyStiller
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
1/2 a game out of the offense + a whole game out of the defense = victory...

can say that a timely turnover at some point in the 2nd half to get the offense clicking again would've been helpful, but we'll not get greedy. I'll just go find a doctor who'll prescribe me some heart meds and get ready to watch the Super Bowl :tt1 :tt2

papillon
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Great game!!!!!

They came up big when we needed them that's for sure. I said in another thread that the defense would win it or the offense would lose it. The defense won it. The offense made three plays in the second half and that was enough.

Pappy

Irongut
01-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Defense dominated, as usual. Protected the lead in the second half and we rolled. Nothing new about that strategy.

papillon
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Defense dominated, as usual. Protected the lead in the second half and we rolled. Nothing new about that strategy.

Hardly dominating (in the second half), but they did do enough to hang on for the win. The 8 minute drive and no points (except for the two points the offense gave them) was huge. Then the Steelers get Ben and Heath and then Ben and Antonio and the game's over.

The defense showed up huge and did their thing under trying circumstances.

Pappy

ramblinjim
01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
My heart cannot handle games like this. Sheeesh. Defense played well except for a couple'a drives where Sanchez looked like Montana.