PDA

View Full Version : Jim Nantz

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Could it be any more obvious he's rooting for the Jets. :roll:

This is supposed to be PROFESSIONAL broadcasting, right?

Ghost
01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
My buddy and I were messagining about this the whole first half. Ridiculous. He can go F himself.

I loved on the fumble that Simms basically told him to shut up about his arm going forward.

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
My buddy and I were messagining about this the whole first half. Ridiculous. He can go F himself.

I loved on the fumble that Simms basically told him to shut up about his arm going forward.

Even if his arm was moving forward the ball landed at a position behind him, so that qualifies as a fumble. That's the way I saw it. D should be rewarded for that.

msp26505
01-23-2011, 09:59 PM

Even if his arm was moving forward the ball landed at a position behind him, so that qualifies as a fumble. That's the way I saw it. D should be rewarded for that.

That's not the way the rule reads.

SteelAbility
01-23-2011, 10:39 PM

That's not the way the rule reads.

That's what I figured after thinking about it now. The announcers said nothing about what I was thinking.

papillon
01-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Nantz is an @ssclown regardless of how he calls the game.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I guess Nantz has to try to ask a question after the game, but Tomlin basically "eff you'd" him in that trophy presentation. The team is trying to celebrate and Nantz asks a procedural type game situation question. I don't know. It seemed stupid at the time. And Tomlin handled it perfectly. He didn't even address the question and simply just gave it up to the fans and hyped the crowd up. I assume he figured that question is what the press conference is for, why answer that and bore the fans.

He really hyped the crowd up with "we show them how we do it!!!".

I love our coach. He's the best.

ikestops85
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Was it me or was that the loudest you've ever heard the crowd at Heinz Field? On TV it really sounded loud. Sometimes drowning out Nantz which is a good thing. :lol:

flippy
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Simms was pulling for the Jets too. He couldn't stop talking about how well the Jets played on their first offensive drive where they could only move the ball with penalties.

The Sodfather
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I usually stay away from the announcer bashing but Nantz was as bad as I've seen.

He probably had Jets underoos on.

sentinel33
01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
i never watch Steelers games with the volume on. there is no tv analst/caller that i can stand. they all stink and the games are so much more enjoyable without all the blah blah blah. i guess the only one i do kinda like is collinsworth. but even he has his moments.

Oviedo
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Best way to shove it up the collective backsides of the media is to just keep winning. Very few of them get it. That is why I give Colin Cowherd so much credit. He gets it and he gets why the Syeelers are the best organization in sports.

The problem is there are too many former players in the media ranks who can't get past their professional jealousy of the Steelers to do the job they have now the right way.

ALLD
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Nantz is a Pats deep throater. Simms was saying how the Steelers need to run on 3rd down and then punt if they didn't convert with 2:00 left in the 4th and I was yelling at the tv that it was a stupid idea if they did.

costanza2k1
01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Nantz is a Pats deep throater. Simms was saying how the Steelers need to run on 3rd down and then punt if they didn't convert with 2:00 left in the 4th and I was yelling at the tv that it was a stupid idea if they did.

Took some big balls to do that by BA, if he fails the lynch mob would've really been after that guy. Instead he's successful and doing it and everyone but BA gets the credit for pulling off the play.

Wolfhound45
01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
He probably had Jets underoos on.

:P

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Was it me or was that the loudest you've ever heard the crowd at Heinz Field? On TV it really sounded loud. Sometimes drowning out Nantz which is a good thing. :lol:

It was close, but I've give the game the previous week against Baltimore that crown. More intensity coming back from down 2 TD's at the half to win in the last minute than being up 3 TD's at the half and still needing to win it in the last minute.

If the players get locked out, Ben should go on to "Minute To Win It" this offseason. He'd rule that game.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-25-2011, 05:52 PM

Took some big balls to do that by BA, if he fails the lynch mob would've really been after that guy. Instead he's successful and doing it and everyone but BA gets the credit for pulling off the play.

With all due respect what was that play called, shotgun rollout hope to find someone open. They thought the Jets were stacking the line for an all out blitz, The Jets dropped into coverage. Hines was the primary and was blanketed. If not for Ben's ability to scramble and Brown's alertly flying across the field to get open that play would have been blown up. Arians calls the plays but Ben and the offense execute it, just because it worked doesn't make it a great play call. Arians has the luxury of making calls that Ben can improvise and bail him out of, not saying I hate the dude but that play was ALL Ben and Brown!

I do agree that it took a a real set to play to win!

Djfan
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
With all due respect what was that play called, shotgun rollout hope to find someone open. They thought the Jets were stacking the line for an all out blitz, The Jets dropped into coverage. Hines was the primary and was blanketed. If not for Ben's ability to scramble and Brown's alertly flying across the field to get open that play would have been blown up. Arians calls the plays but Ben and the offense execute it, just because it worked doesn't make it a great play call. Arians has the luxury of making calls that Ben can improvise and bail him out of, not saying I hate the dude but that play was ALL Ben and Brown!

Worthy of thinking about!

SteelAbility
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM

If Ben were born in New Mexico it would have been in El Cajone. :wink: