PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk is a straight hater!!

Dee Dub
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Can you believe this guy? It's one thing to dislike a certain team but to be flat out wrong in your analasys about them is ridiculous!!

From this morning he said until Ben wins games by himself he cant be compared to Manning or Brady.

I guess he forgot about that big game two years ago versus the Cardinals? Or the game winning drive last week versus the Ravens? The three games on the road versus the Bengals, Colts, and Broncos on route to the Supper Bowl in 2005? Or all his fourth quarter comebacks?

Then in regards to why the Steelers got rid of Santonio Holmes, Faulk said the Steelers dont want to pay their primetime players.

Yet the Steelers have always locked up their primetime players like Ben, Hines, Smith, Keisel, Troy, Harrison, Ike (previous contract), Farrior, The Bus, etc.

What a straight hater!! Get your information correct loser!

Crash
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Faulk is retarded. His conduct after SB XLIII was an embarrassment to himself and the NFL Network. How he can remain employed there is a joke.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
he has been doing it all week.

what a clown.

sentinel33
01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
the most arrogant, pompous and narcissistic analyst out there who brings virtually zilch when it comes to useful knowledge. dont know why they keep bringing him back year after year. guys a turd. hes got squat for personality as well. he kicked ass on the field but outside of that i cant stand him. bonafide hater!

ScoreKeeper
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
What did Deon say to him after the SB, something like: You can stop making excuses for Kurt now. He's on the bus. :lol:

Crash
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
What did Deon say to him after the SB, something like: You can stop making excuses for Kurt now. He's on the bus. :lol:

Yep. Faulk said that not calling Holmes for the Lebron celebration "changed the whole complexion of the game", which is laughable.

Prime then says "Kurt can't hear you man, he's on the bus"

DukieBoy
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
This hate comes from jealousy. Jealousy comes with the turf, holding 6 and working on 7.

Irongut
01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Marshall doesn't give Ben the credit he deserves but he's absolutely right when he says this team lives and dies with the defense, not the offense.

NWNewell
01-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I was thnking the same thing.... competely disreguard his comments about Ben, he has been hating on every aspect of the Steelers. Everything from trading Holmes to the benefits of getting Troy and Heath back (vs them being out last jets game).

Did Harrison bang his wife or something?

Even Irving and Sapp were starting to rebut at times.

But everyone is entitled to their opinions... just as everyone is also entitled to be wrong.

Steelgal
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
I've been watching NFLN all morning and he hasn't said 1 nice thing about the Steelers. Not a single thing.

Thank goodness NFL Countdown is on now, so I can turn the douche off.

SteelCrazy
01-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Faulk doesnt know any better because he is a total idiot. He looks the part, but the more he speaks the easier it is to see how dumb he can get. His IQ has to be low 90's...has to be

DukieBoy
01-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Faulk doesnt know any better because he is a total idiot. He looks the part, but the more he speaks the easier it is to see how dumb he can get. His IQ has to be low 90's...has to be

You might want to amend that IQ score. Low 90's is still in the average range of IQ scores.

Djfan
01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
I was a student at SDSU while he was there. It was very exciting.

Since then, according to the talking heads, he has ignored SDSU. No donations to the program, no recruiting help, nothing. That's lame. I just can't respect that.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 03:15 PM
I remember when Faulk was playing, everyone was saying how he had such an incredible grasp of the game, he knew where every player, offense and defense, was going to be on every play, smarter than the QBs, etc. etc. etc.

Did he fall and hit his head since then?

spyboots
01-23-2011, 03:52 PM
The reason Faulk doesn't like the Steelers is because his buddy and ex-teammate Warner lost Super Bowl 43 to the Steelers.

NWNewell
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I love it.... the rest of the NFL Game Day cast was even starting to get on Marshell.

Steve Mariucci even commented once "We get it, Marshall.... you like the Jets".

lol.... obvious much?

Crash
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
The Steelers also ended the season of Faulk's team twice.

Steelhere10
01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
You are late Dee Dub, I pointed this out 2 years ago. The funny thing is Irvin and Sapp both know this Sapp even said this morning to the effect that he was telling Faulk to keep picking against the Steelers. Then at one point they was laughing at him.

feltdizz
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I've heard plenty of people say he is a hater but never watched him talk about a Steeler matchup. Today I witness a guy who should be fired. When you can't hide or camaflouge your hate for a team you should ask for vacation time. He lacks credibility.

Steelgal
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
The sad thing is if is does have anything to do with the Steelers beating AZ a couple years ago, why is Kurt Warner complimentary of the Steelers and not Faulk?? It's gotta be more than that, I would think. Or maybe Faulk is just that much of a douche.

drprwnap
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
I was watching when the question was asked: Which defense would you pick today? The Steelers or the Jets? Faulk went on to say how our defense gave up more points to the Jets, he was picking the Jets. When someone else pointed out that special teams gave up 7 points, Faluk replied: "Well you have defensive players on special teams, so I say the defense gave up those points." The looks from the other guys on the set were like :wft

What a total idiot.

NWNewell
01-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Was it a coincidence that Faulk was not part of the post game NFL Network show????

:stirpot

feltdizz
01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Was it a coincidence that Faulk was not part of the post game NFL Network show????

probably left at halftime

Steelgal
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM

:stirpot

I don't ever watch the NFLN postgame show. Is he usually on it? If so, that's a major POS move.

pick6
01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
And this goes for all spheres of life. When you are coming from a prejudged (ie. he does not like the steelers) perspective then you are not thinking clearly so most of these talking heads are, let's just say, not big fans of the Steelers. What they say makes no sense. Big Ben is not a great quarterback? Haha, what a joke. Is he a robot who will malfunction if you through a wrench in his gear like Brady and Manning no. If you pressure him will he go into a wussy, hissy fit, sissy cocoon, like brady and manning no. Ben wins in a different way. How can you discount a guy for whom the superbowl is the norm, (3 out of 6 years). Come on MAAAANNNNNN.

papillon
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Marshall doesn't give Ben the credit he deserves but he's absolutely right when he says this team lives and dies with the defense, not the offense.

The Patriots live and die with their offense.
The Saints live and die with their offense.
The Colts live and die with their offense.
The Jets live and die (by and large) with their defense.

Every team has one unit that seems to be their bread and butter; it's not an unusual occurrence, even with good teams.

The Steeler's as a team rely on their defense to be sure, but, also, as a team they seem to pick each other up when one phase of the team is struggling.

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Who cares about Faulk?

Let him continue to hate on the Steelers. Makes it all the sweeter when we win.

ikestops85
01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Faulk is an abomination as a football analyst. It's not just talking about the Steelers does he sound stupid. He makes stupid statements about many teams.

When he was playing I thought he seemed to be intelligent. I guess he is one of those guys who shouldn't open his mouth to show his ignorance.

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
This hate comes from jealousy. Jealousy comes with the turf, holding 6 and working on 7.

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/siva/archives/yoda.jpg

NW Steeler
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I was watching when the question was asked: Which defense would you pick today? The Steelers or the Jets? Faulk went on to say how our defense gave up more points to the Jets, he was picking the Jets. When someone else pointed out that special teams gave up 7 points, Faluk replied: "Well you have defensive players on special teams, so I say the defense gave up those points." The looks from the other guys on the set were like :wft

What a total idiot.

I caught that too. Sapp was rolling his eyes at him and kind of looked like he wanted to b!tch slap him.

skyhawk
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Riiight. That's why Ben's third all time in scoring PPG in the playoffs. :roll:

And yes, more than Brady and Manning.

SidSmythe
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM

:owned

ScoreKeeper
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Now why would you confuse him with facts?

Irongut
01-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Anybody who watches this team knows we live and die with the defense. Our defense has been top 5 each title this decade. Our offense has never been top 5 this decade.

PS, have a link to that stat?

msp26505
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Anybody who watches this team knows we live and die with the defense. Our defense has been top 5 each title this decade. Our offense has never been top 5 this decade.

PS, have a link to that stat?

That stat was listed on either the pre-game or the game broadcast last night.

The D has been good with all the Steeler SB teams. But the Offense was also good at times and still rarely receives credit.

I'm even warming up to Arians.

Just a little.

Captain Lemming
01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Who cares about Faulk?

Let him continue to hate on the Steelers. Makes it all the sweeter when we win.

EXACTLY!

I dont know why people even care what he says.
I know he is a hater, I called my wife over when I saw he was on and said "look at that guy....watch he will have nothing good to say about the Steelers".
Sure enough like the sun rising it came to pass. But I laughed the whole time.

Today HE LOOKS LIKE AN IDIOT even to his colleagues.

Really. Who cares?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs223.ash2/50254_242921923045_1941593_n.jpg

ALLD
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
More analysts hate the Steelers than have no opionion or like them.

Faulk, Tom Jackson, Shine, Ross Tucker, ESPN and NFL Network.

Steelers are the most popular team and winningest since the merger in 1970. They always try to knock you down when you are on top.

hawaiiansteel
01-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Marshall Faulk: Not a Huge Believer in the Steelers

Posted on January 28, 2011 by ryan

It’s too bad NFL.com just doesn’t have an entire section devoted to “Stupid Things Marshall Faulk Says” because it would make my job a lot easier. Instead, I spent 20 minutes perusing their video archives to unearth some recent nuggets of wisdom.

We talked about it on the podcast yesterday, but the trap that we all fall into time and again is that we expect the former players who show up on our televisions and call themselves analysts to, you know, actually know what they’re talking about. That, clearly, is asking too much.

The obvious exceptions: Ron Jaworski, Merril Hoge and Mike Mayock. I also like Deion Sanders because, despite the occasional misguided rant, he’s a smart dude who understands the cornerback position. Some folks are also high on Trent Dilfer. And there are others, too, I’m sure.

But Marshall, the former Colts and Rams running back who deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, speaks with the certainty of high school math teacher working through a proof, but his analysis usually lands squarely between absurd and patently wrong. Time and again. (If nothing else, he gets points for consistency.)

And, look, we’ve all been wrong. That’s not my point. My issue with Faulk is that he’s allegedly an expert, but it’s obvious that he doesn’t prepare for his job. It’s one thing to say that the Steelers will lose because their offensive line is in shambles and they have inexperienced wideouts. It’s something else entirely to suggest that Dick LeBeau won’t be able to employ his “fancy defenses” because the Jets will run all over the Steelers.

(And if the NFL Network argues that Faulk does prepare then, well, that’s even worse. It would be less embarrassing if they just said, “Yeah, he just rolls out of bed, shows up, inhales a few bear claws, and just starts making **** up.”)

It wasn’t unreasonable to think that the Jets had a chance against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. New York did beat Pittsburgh in Week 15. It’s just that Marshall has no use for logic when formulating his argument.

Before we get to the damning evidence, a word about why I even care. No idea. Really, I can’t explain it. I’m a grown man with plenty of other things to occupy my time. And it’s not like I haven’t been writing on the internet long enough to know that this type of myopic analysis is a staple of sports network programming. Maybe it’s because the Steelers are in the Super Bowl and my senses are heightened. Or perhaps it is because I’m getting older — and more crotchety (is that possible?). Whatever it is, I just don’t have the patience for stupidity like I once did. I can’t help myself. And who knows, maybe this’ll inspire Marshall to not suck at his job.

Onto the unintentional comedy…

Here’s Marshall on January 20, explaining why he likes the Jets over the Steelers:

“Listen, I’ve been riding with the Jets all year and I’m not gonna stop now. When I look at the way Ben plays … the fact that he’s a guy who holds onto the football, and that they are not committed to the run, you become a one-dimensional team against the Jets. You can’t beat that defense one dimensional.

“[Rex Ryan] came up with a game plan to beat the great Peyton Manning. He came up with a game plan to beat the great Tom Brady. Well, look who’s next … look who’s next. I’m a ride with the Jets.”

It took me 15 seconds to find the stats from the Week 15 get-together to refute Marshall’s allegation that the Steelers “are not committed to the run.” Net rushing yards against the Jets in that regular-season matchup? 146. And the Steelers averaged 5.8 yards per rush, including Rashard Mendenhall’s 99 yards on 17 carries. Weird.

There’s more, of course. Here’s Faulk from January 16:

“I don’t like this matchup for Pittsburgh because when I look at Pittsburgh defensively, going up against the Jets, D!ck LeBeau don’t get to use his fancy defenses because the Jets are gonna pound the football on you and make you play the run. And now your corners have to play one on one against two receivers that could be dangerous if you play them man. And on offense, when the Steelers have the ball, Ben — this defense of the Jets, they want the quarterback to hold the football. And you know what Ben does: he’s the pat, pat, pat, pump, pump, pump kinda guy. And if you stand back there, the sacks will happen, just like they did the first time.”

God almighty. In the first game, the Jets ran for 106 yards, 15 coming from Mark Sanchez. Shonn Greene had 40 yards on 12 carries (3.3 YPC), and LaDainian Tomlinson had 49 yards on 11 carries (4.5 YPC). Not exactly 2009 Chris Johnson-type efforts there. Might have had something to do with the Steelers’ No. 1 defense.

As for the Jets two dangerous receivers: Braylon Edwards had 8 catches for 100 yards, Santonio Holmes had six for 40 yards. And Sanchez ended the day 19 of 29 for 170 yards and no touchdown passes.

That’s not to say that Edwards, Holmes and Sanchez couldn’t get hot and put up points, but they didn’t do in the first matchup — without Troy Polamalu. What made Marshall think that would suddenly change?

For what it’s worth, some noteworthy stats from the AFC Championship game:

– Sanchez: 20 of 33 for 233 yards, 2 TDs
– Edwards: 3 catches, 50 yards, 0 TDs
– Holmes: 2 catches, 61 yards, 1 TD
– Cotchery: 5 catches, 33 yards, 1 TD
– Greene: 9 rushes, 52 yards, 0 TDs
– Tomlinson: 9 rushes, 16 yards, 0 TDs

Solid work, sir.

I’m nicknaming Faulk “Costanza.”

http://www.steelerslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/costanza-faulk-sl.jpg

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/01/m ... #more-4007 (http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/01/marshall-faulk-huge-believer-steelers/#more-4007)

papillon
01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
No one can see the forest through the trees. They all get hung up on Ben holding the ball too long and not throwing in rhythm. Ben isn't a rhythm passer and never will be and until they understand that they'll always be wrong about the Steelers.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I’m nicknaming Faulk “Costanza.”

http://www.steelerslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/costanza-faulk-sl.jpg

That's just hurtful toward our own cos2k1. :wink:

Mister Pittsburgh
01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Marshall would be better suited throwing on some sweatpants, smoking a doobie, ordering a pizza, and doing a web show instead of being paid to be an 'expert'.

Crash
01-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Ben does throw on rhythm, but that's not ALL he does.

Bradshaw threw on rhythm also, but that's not all he did.

Philip Rivers throws on rhythm a lot, probably more than most.

But when he can't, his game turns to crap.

Ben's doesn't.

Irongut
01-28-2011, 04:29 PM

Ben's doesn't.
Philip Rivers doesn't run much but he's excellent at moving within the pocket and getting rid of the ball. To say his game goes to crap is completely false. He gets sacked, on average, about half as much as Ben, has thrown over 4000 yards the last three years and has had over 30 td's thrown two of the last years. Ben has 1 4000 yard season and 1 30+ season in his career.

Both are excellent QB's. San Diego would be a 4 win team without Rivers. On average, he has to carry his team much more.

ScoreKeeper
01-28-2011, 04:44 PM

Ben's doesn't.
Philip Rivers doesn't run much but he's excellent at moving within the pocket and getting rid of the ball. To say his game goes to crap is completely false. He gets sacked, on average, about half as much as Ben, has thrown over 4000 yards the last three years and has had over 30 td's thrown two of the last years. Ben has 1 4000 yard season and 1 30+ season in his career.

Both are excellent QB's. San Diego would be a 4 win team without Rivers. On average, he has to carry his team much more.
Troll.

hawaiiansteel
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Philip Rivers is good to own in a fantasy league, but I would never want that whining crybaby to be on my team.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Sk_Pgb7EDjE/SwZY2eXBPsI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/FQFpsByiQHE/s1600/Philip+Rivers+Cry+Baby.png

Crash
01-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Faulk's post season career sucks.

Hence the jealousy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/post/ (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FaulMa00/gamelog/post/)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-29-2011, 02:48 PM

Ben's doesn't.

So there aren't 15 other QBs who can succeed in SD the way there are for Pittsburgh?

ScoreKeeper
01-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Rivers gets a lot of yards in garbage time. Just like he did against us in the play-offs a couple years ago. The Chargers were beaten badly and he got garbage in the 4th quarter to improve his very average stats. He does not have any wheels and I really question his leadership abilities. All he does is b itch, moan, and complain.

NJ-STEELER
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM

especially surprising with most of their money and resources allocated to the offense

ScoreKeeper
01-29-2011, 04:48 PM

especially surprising with most of their money and resources allocated to the offense
The Troll forgets who got us to the SB in '05. The Troll forgets who won us the SB in '08.

Please, don't feed the Troll.

Crash
01-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Rivers gets a lot of yards in garbage time.

Especially this season. They were outscored 107-10 in their losses by starting slow. They started out slow and got behind.

Then he got stats.

SteelAbility
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM

The Troll forgets who got us to the SB in '05. The Troll forgets who won us the SB in '08.

Please, don't feed the Troll.

Yup. Right at about 27 PPG in the playoffs and never scored under 20. In the two losses we scored 27 and 29 respectively. Manning is sitting right around 20 PPG in the playoffs. Not sure where Brady sits, but I think it's somewhere in the 23 range.

SteelAbility
01-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Faulk is a hater? Great! That means another Steelers' SB victory will only chap his @$$ even more.

rpmpit
01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Calling Faulk a moron is an insult to morons. He makes NFLN programming almost unwatchable for me. When I turn on Total Access or any show on the Network, I'm relieved when he's not there. I'll take Sanders and Irvin over him any day.