PDA

View Full Version : 7,500 for Jests rally in the Burgh??

Djfan
01-22-2011, 08:58 PM
What is that?

Just reported on NFLN.

DukieBoy
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
A mere nuisance.

AkronSteel
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm surprised but NY is a big city and a lot of people come from there!! The number surprises me but not the fact that there was a rally! I just hope we don't see a big Jets turnout tomorrow at the game!!! That would be depressing!!

Crash
01-22-2011, 09:27 PM
The rally was before the Jets LEFT for Pittsburgh.

DukieBoy
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Loosely related ... I was at a rare Saturday afternoon Pens vs Rangers game many years back, and there were busloads of Rangers fans there. They were obnoxious (hundreds sitting several rows above me), having apparently had an 8-hour rolling drinking binge that morning. After the 1st period in which the Pens hammer the Rangers, I walked out to the concourse and about to walk past the women's restroom when a huge girlfight spilled out of the doors and into the concourse. There must have been 40 or 50 girls swinging, pulling hair, scratching etc. Maybe some of that will be seen at the game tomorrow.

Djfan
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM

My bad. I swear it said the rally in the Burgh.

DukieBoy
01-22-2011, 09:33 PM

My bad. I swear it said the rally in the Burgh.
The media got it wrong? Imagine that.

I imagine the media would love a NY/CHI SB. Big markets. Money.

Crash
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
They probably did report that. NFLN is a joke.

I thought Rich Eisen was gonna stomp his feet last week when Brady choked.

JAR
01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
It wasn't here....

Jets fans rally in Times Square to give Gang Green a proper AFC Championship sendoff

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... z1Bomxytmk (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/21/2011-01-21_jets_fans_rally_in_times_square_to_give_gang_gr een_a_proper_afc_championship_sen.html#ixzz1Bomxyt mk)

MaxAMillion
01-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I think you heard it wrong (at least if you heard it on the NFL Network). I watched the clip and they did say it was in NY.

Djfan
01-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I think you heard it wrong (at least if you heard it on the NFL Network). I watched the clip and they did say it was in NY.

My bad. Running a fever. That's what you get.

NJ-STEELER
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm surprised but NY is a big city and a lot of people come from there!! The number surprises me but not the fact that there was a rally! I just hope we don't see a big Jets turnout tomorrow at the game!!! That would be depressing!!

there will definitely be some there. some fans were calling in Sports talk radio saying they're coming with a bus load of fans

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2011, 11:28 PM

there will definitely be some there. some fans were calling in Sports talk radio saying they're coming with a bus load of fans

Oooh...a whole busload??? What is that, like 50 people? That will make a dent, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Loosely related ... I was at a rare Saturday afternoon Pens vs Rangers game many years back, and there were busloads of Rangers fans there. They were obnoxious (hundreds sitting several rows above me), having apparently had an 8-hour rolling drinking binge that morning. After the 1st period in which the Pens hammer the Rangers, I walked out to the concourse and about to walk past the women's restroom when a huge girlfight spilled out of the doors and into the concourse. There must have been 40 or 50 girls swinging, pulling hair, scratching etc. Maybe some of that will be seen at the game tomorrow.

CATFIGHT!!!

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/it-consultant-catfight-in-portland-or.jpg

That's 5 minutes for catfighting. :wink:

grotonsteel
01-22-2011, 11:37 PM
It wasn't here....

Jets fans rally in Times Square to give Gang Green a proper AFC Championship sendoff

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... z1Bomxytmk (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/21/2011-01-21_jets_fans_rally_in_times_square_to_give_gang_gr een_a_proper_afc_championship_sen.html#ixzz1Bomxyt mk)

Jests fan where in Time Square for pep rally...its funny listening to Jests fan trash talking. They had this pep rally on Thur evening.....Most of them are Giants fan converted to Jests fans for a season...I saw more NY Yankees caps in office than JESTS jerseys on Friday...

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
some fans were calling in Sports talk radio saying they're coming with a bus load of fans

the other Jets' fans will just watch the game from home...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZIgukuKIZ0g/Swo0rHGt-3I/AAAAAAAAANA/kF5a9e9Noyg/s1600/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-1.jpg

NJ-STEELER
01-25-2011, 01:57 AM

Oooh...a whole busload??? What is that, like 50 people? That will make a dent, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

did you attned the game?

i thought there was more then the average of opposition fans there. especially going into the stadium

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
[quote=AkronSteel]I'm surprised but NY is a big city and a lot of people come from there!! The number surprises me but not the fact that there was a rally! I just hope we don't see a big Jets turnout tomorrow at the game!!! That would be depressing!!

did you attned the game?

i thought there was more then the average of opposition fans there. especially going into the stadium[/quote:3vl3wgev]

Up in my area (the last 5 rows of the upper deck end zone bleachers), we had more than our fair share of Jet fans, but we always get opposing fans up here...I think our team gives the other team its allotment of our tickets for their players from up near me (I recall Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake's families sitting near me back when they played for Baltimore when Heinz first opened). Throughout the stadium as a whole, there wasn't all that much green to be seen. They were reasonably well represented, but I don't think that there were necessarily many more Jet fans there than your average game against Baltimore, Cincy, or Cleveland.

Wolfhound45
01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
From where I was sitting, I did not see any Jets fans nearby.

However, I was sitting on my couch.

:P

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM

There may have not been any Jets fans near your couch, but there probably was a Cheetahs' staffer videotaping you from behind an end table. Never to early for Bellicheat to start collecting film for next season.

Wolfhound45
01-25-2011, 02:20 PM

There may have not been any Jets fans near your couch, but there probably was a Cheetahs' staffer videotaping you from behind an end table. Never to early for Bellicheat to start collecting film for next season.

No doubt brother, no doubt! It is amazing how after that scandal blows up in their face that they cannot seem to win a SB again. Wonder why that is?