PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben lost his voice

siss
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
It was reported on ESPN. Did anyone else see it?

Steelgal
01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Just turned on ESPN, but haven't seen anything yet. Did they say if he was sick too? Or just somehow lost his voice?

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Dayum...I always lose my voice after the games, not before! :wink:

siss
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Suzy didn't say anything about him being sick. But she said they may not be able to do the no huddle and they may go to a silent count.
:HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Suzy didn't say anything about him being sick. But she said they may not be able to do the no huddle and they may go to a silent count.
:HeadBanger

Steeler fans are smart enough to know to shut the hell up when our team is on offense (unlike that moron Fireman Ed, who does his stupid Spelling Bee even if the Jets have the ball). We need to save our voices for the D anyway.

Ozey74
01-22-2011, 05:12 PM
This is just Ben being Ben. He always makes things interesting for us. I sure am glad we are playing with our crowd tomorrow.

:tt2

Irongut
01-22-2011, 05:18 PM
This is just Ben being Ben. He always makes things interesting for us. I sure am glad we are playing with our crowd tomorrow.

Yeah, his toes are broken also. :Blah

Steelgal
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Just heard Suzi on ESPN and she said other than losing his voice, Ben feels fine. Tomlin said he's not worried and at practice yesterday the team was more focused and had a great practice.

Crash
01-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Yeah they were. The injury he's dealing with now, is the same injury he suffered in that game.

Good thing Cowher had his back.

Irongut
01-22-2011, 06:27 PM

Yeah they were. The injury he's dealing with now, is the same injury he suffered in that game.

Mike Tomlin stated it's an old injury, from before he was a Pro.

Crash
01-22-2011, 06:30 PM

Mike Tomlin stated it's an old injury, from before he was a Pro.

Correct.

And Ben aggravated the same spot, against the Pats in that game.

This is the SECOND TIME, he has re-aggravated the same bone on the outside of his foot.

Irongut
01-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Correct.

And Ben aggravated the same spot, against the Pats in that game.

This is the SECOND TIME, he has re-aggravated the same bone on the outside of his foot.

There is no break. It's scar tissue if anything.

Make up your mind. One minute you're bashing Cowher, the next you're slurping Tomlin for the same comment.

The Crash hypocrisy, 1970 - present and going strong!

steelblood
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
How will he even call the plays in the huddle?

Crash
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Somebody call Steve DeBerg and get his old mic and shoulder pads. :)

Steeler Expat
01-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Still nothing about this on espn.com / nfl.com / yahoo.com / cnnsi.com etc.

Crash
01-22-2011, 07:14 PM
People on other forums saw Kolber's report. It's legit.

Irongut
01-22-2011, 07:47 PM
People on other forums saw Kolber's report. It's legit.

Or more drama? Guess we'll see tomorrow. Tomlin doesn't seem concerned.

aggiebones
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
A full day and he should be fine for a few hours.
My son kinda lost his voice today and managed to play a whole basketball game. Yelling the whole time since he's 6 yrs old. Probably some weak bug floating around.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Seems to me this could be huge. Hopefully he'll have his voice back by game time. Otherwise, it could be enough to tilt a close game in favor of ToeSucker and the Trippers.

grotonsteel
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
I hope its not flu...

Crash
01-23-2011, 12:28 AM
I would think if they thought it was flu they would have sent him home Friday.

DHSF
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Seems to me this could be huge. Hopefully he'll have his voice back by game time. Otherwise, it could be enough to tilt a close game in favor of ToeSucker and the Trippers.

I agree. In a game that looks to be as close as this one, we need every edge we can get. If Ben can't audible at the line, that could really hurt.