PDA

View Full Version : Jets to fans: Get the champagne on ice

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Jets to fans: Get the champagne on ice

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 22, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jets-team.jpg?w=250

The Jets did their best to hold their tongue all week. With only one day left before Sunday’s AFC Championship, they can’t help but let their confidence show.

“We are gonna win,” guard Matt Slauson told Steve Serby of the New York Post Saturday morning as the team began boarding buses for the airport. “I believe we are a better team.”

So what is so much better about the Jets?

“I feel like we have a better offensive line,” Slauson said. “We have a better running game. As far as our passing game, we have a lot more playmakers. We can spread the ball out more. Our defenses are really similar, blitzing a lot, a lot of really good players on either side, but I would give the edge to our guys because of our ability to penetrate and push the pocket with all of our really strong guys.”

Receiver Jerricho Cotchery allowed himself to imagine wearing the AFC Championship t-shirt and hat. Tight end Dustin Keller says the mood at 9:30 p.m ET Sunday will be all high fives and looking towards the Super Bowl. Safety James Ihedigbo said much of the same:

“Stock the refrigerator full of champagne and get ready to celebrate,” he told Jets fans.

It’s good to see the 2010 Jets team we know well finally make an appearance this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ne-on-ice/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/22/jets-to-fans-get-the-champagne-on-ice/)

Djfan
01-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I want to see a Jets player stomp a towel.

Crash
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Frankly I'm glad. Was getting sick of all the faint praise by them.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Their true colors are shining through. I can't stand this team.

The reality of the situation is that in their victory against us earlier this season, our defense gave up 13 points despite only having one sack for no loss, and no polamalu. Our offense put up 400 yds on their D. There is literally nothing we couldn't do against their defense.

If we only have one sack for no loss, and no polamalu then I could see this game being close again. But thats not happening. I can't wait to hear their players and fans cry come Sunday night.

pfelix73
01-22-2011, 03:27 PM
****BREAKING NEWS ****

New York is sending 53 Jets to Pittsburgh this weekend to fly the Steelers to Dallas for SBXLV....

:tt1

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM

here's a NY Jets fan disrespecting the Terrible Towel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDa1f8iaQcQ

Djfan
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM

here's a NY Jets fan disrespecting the Terrible Towel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDa1f8iaQcQ

Yeah, but not as powerful as the players doing it, IMO.

sentinel33
01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
by fan or player, that **** is not tollerated

NJ-STEELER
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
i dont htink he said anything there that isnt true

i like our WRs, but they're young and not as proven as the jets threesome of cotch, tone, edwards.

it certainly isn't the hines, El, wilson trio what ben had when he led us to SB XL. they dont have the QB we have now or then but they certainly surrounded him with more

aggiebones
01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I want to see a Steeler player stomp a jet player. Tomorrow about 6:31

RKSteel
01-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I want to see a Steeler player stomp a jet player. Tomorrow about 6:31
You may see Hines stomp someone. Cause you know he is the toughest player when no-one is looking.

Steelgal
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping after the game, Sanchez is on ice or in an ice tub, to recover from the beating Harrison, Woodley and the rest of the D gives him.

:Beer

hawaiiansteel
01-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Bires: Steelers do talking on the field

TEXT SIZE By: Mike Bires Beaver County Times
Saturday January 22, 2011

The Jets’ bravado started in training camp. It continued Saturday before boarding a plane to Pittsburgh.

“My crystal ball … I’m seeing a Super Bowl trophy in there,” coach Rex Ryan said in August.

“We’re going to win,” offensive lineman Matt Slauson told the New York Post Saturday before hopping on a bus for the ride to Newark Airport. “I believe we are a better team.”

“Stock the refrigerator full of champagne and get ready to celebrate,” added safety James Ihedigbo.

Based on what they’ve have done to reach the AFC Championship Game, there’s no denying these outspoken Jets are something special.

They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. They’re well-coached. And they must have the right mental makeup to walk the talk. They have backed up their braggadocio.

It’s unheard of for a coach to say the things Ryan has this year. But to this point, the Jets are right where they want to be.

But that doesn’t mean they’re going to beat the Steelers.

For the Jets to win and move on to the Super Bowl for the first time in 42 years, they’re going to have to play their best game of the season. They’re in for a real fight.

Because these Steelers are special, too.

They may go about their business quietly. But the Steelers making it to the AFC title game is just as impressive as the Jets getting there.

The Steelers have fought through all kinds of adversity — Ben Roethlisberger’s suspension, the trade of Santonio Holmes, the NFL’s hard hits crackdown that seemed to center around James Harrison, injuries to Willie Colon, Max Starks, Aaron Smith and Dan Sepulveda and the release of Jeff Reed.

To be sure, the Steelers were lucky at times, too. Their win in Miami on Oct. 24 was significantly aided by an official’s poor call. They wouldn’t have won in overtime in Buffalo if Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson didn’t drop a game-winning TD pass.

Still, this is a very good Steelers team, especially on defense.

Five weeks ago, the Steelers lost a 22-17 thriller to the Jets at Heinz Field. But in that game, the Jets scored nine of their points while the Steelers’ defense was on the sideline. Brad Smith returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and defensive end Jason Taylor tackled Steelers running Mewelde Moore for a safety in the fourth quarter.

And remember, the Steelers played that day without star safety Troy Polamalu who sat out with a leg injury. Also missing that day was tight end Heath Miller, who was sat out while recovering from a concussion.

Tonight, both Polamalu and Miller will play, and that bodes well for the Steelers’ chances.

It would not be surprising if the Jets win. They are good. Plus, they’ll have President Barack Obama rooting for them and they did get a thumb’s up from former Steelers’ coach Bill Cowher.

So, it promises to be a classic.

It may even go into overtime before one of these two teams uncorks the champagne.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... field.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/january/22/bires-steelers-do-talking-on-the-field.html)

AkronSteel
01-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Love it!!! This team is a joke!!! I'm sooo ready for the Steelers to kick their A$$!!! Keep talking New York....you can talk on the golf course on Monday!!! Enjoy your offseason!!!

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2011, 02:24 AM
It may even go into overtime before one of these two teams uncorks the champagne.

We've been here before. We know that there is no champagne after a conference championship win. It is just one step closer to the real prize. Our players put on the conference champion hats and t-shirts for the cameras, but then they go in the trash because that isn't the prize we want. After the game, it's back to business prepping for the actual championship.

AkronSteel
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Hope those Jets fans enjoy their champagne!!! BWAHAHAHAHA.....go ahead guys drink your juice!!! You'll need it to help wash away your tears!!! Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl!!! WOOHOO

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

DukieBoy
01-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Better buy lots of ice.

Wolfhound45
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Anyone know where I can find some cheap champagne?

8)

hawaiiansteel
01-24-2011, 01:53 AM
sorry Jets, better just send that champagne on over to the Steelers' locker room... :tt2

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/3246185051_e1a568448c.jpg