PDA

View Full Version : Latest Injury Report as of Friday? JETS WR VS STEELERS DB

jj28west
01-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Anyone hear anything about BMAC? Maybe the Pats game was personel but an inspired Braylon, Santonio, Jericho, & Smith scares me. It seems the Steelers play tighter in coverage but I just dont see Gay handling the quick slants well. Also, the few times the Pats went to zone Jericho took advantage by the cleared out underneath stuff.

I hope Woood & James have monster days and are able to chase Sanchez down because there are obvious mismatches IMO that can be exploited.

Biggest disappointment this year for underachieving seems to be Lewis. Big physical DB with decent speed and he cant even see the field on nickel coverage? Ugh...

As of right now on paper its looking like

Ike gets Holmes

Gay gets Braylon? OMG

Madison on Cotchery? I think I am going to cry. Butler active?

Brad Smith?, Keller goes with Troy or any of the 4 LB's?

Thoughts?

SidSmythe
01-21-2011, 06:27 AM
You don't know what you got, 'til it's gone!!!!

lots of B-Mac bashing this year, but w/out him it's pretty scary

Keenan Lewis just plain sucks. He makes more mental errors on special teams alone, i really cringe seeing him on the field.

can BUTLER really be worse. I would feel better w/ him out there.

Gay has improved and is playing w confidence.

Oviedo
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Anyone hear anything about BMAC? Maybe the Pats game was personel but an inspired Braylon, Santonio, Jericho, & Smith scares me. It seems the Steelers play tighter in coverage but I just dont see Gay handling the quick slants well. Also, the few times the Pats went to zone Jericho took advantage by the cleared out underneath stuff.

I hope Woood & James have monster days and are able to chase Sanchez down because there are obvious mismatches IMO that can be exploited.

Biggest disappointment this year for underachieving seems to be Lewis. Big physical DB with decent speed and he cant even see the field on nickel coverage? Ugh...

As of right now on paper its looking like

Ike gets Holmes

Gay gets Braylon? OMG

Madison on Cotchery? I think I am going to cry. Butler active?

Brad Smith?, Keller goes with Troy or any of the 4 LB's?

Thoughts?

Madison trying to imitate a NFL DB terrifies me as ewell and makes me physically ill when I think about the possibility. Timmons can probably cover a WR better than Madison.

As I said over the past few weeks...how bad must Keenan Lewis be if we have Madison playing DB?

Steelgal
01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Just listening to Colin Cowherd. He was talking to Adam Caplan, maybe, and he brought up BMac. I think he said he is doubtful for this weekend because of an abdominal injury. Not sure how accurate he is or if the 'doubtful' claim came from a team report, but I got a sinking feeling in my gut after I heard that. There is a huge dropoff if we have to have Gay become his replacement....

Iron Shiek
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Gay will have to play the game of his life like Clark did last week.

:?

RussBII
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
You don't know what you got, 'til it's gone!!!!

lots of B-Mac bashing this year, but w/out him it's pretty scary

Keenan Lewis just plain sucks. He makes more mental errors on special teams alone, i really cringe seeing him on the field.

can BUTLER really be worse. I would feel better w/ him out there.

Gay has improved and is playing w confidence.

Keenan Lewis = Anthony Smith - Bonecrushing hits?

That's a damned shame....

papillon
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I have to believe that Gay will be getting help from a safety regardless of the receiver he is covering. I don't see the Steelers putting him all alone on Holmes, Edwards or Cotchery for that matter.

Pappy

pittpete
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Id like to go on record and pray they dont dress Keenan Lewis Sunday.

Doyle37
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Since their normal RT is out I'm hoping we bring Woodley a lot from that side. If he can make Sanchez move to the left, that should help Gay a bit.

Steelgal
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Wexell tweeted "Bmac says decision saturday based on how he recovers. Said fels ok today but not 100%"

jj28west
01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Wexell tweeted "Bmac says decision saturday based on how he recovers. Said fels ok today but not 100%"

Thanks for the update! BMAC @ 75% = Gay @ 100%? Gay has improved or has been put in better matchups so we can hope.

pick6
01-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Wow I had not thought of this in such a clear way. I suppose unlike last week when we played coverage this week will be old school Blitzburgh. I think Lebeau is making more adjustments based on the team that we are facing, than he has done in the past. And this gives me confidence. I think we did a great job of confusing Flacco last week. sometimes I wish I could get the big view of the field. But Flacco wasn't seeing what he was used to. Let's hope this happens to Sanchez.

I read a recent article where Tomlin explained the lack of sacks against sanchez. He said that the stat was misleading because Sanchez was getting rid of the ball immediately. So it seems like we will be very aggressive with Sanchez, blitzing with tight coverage. The quick out is Sanchez's bread and butter and he loves the underneath crossing patterns. I think that we will find a way to take them away.

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Polamalu practices, will play Sunday

By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, January 22, 2011

• Safety Troy Polamalu practiced for the first time this week and will start in Sunday's AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field. Polamalu, who has been resting a strained right Achilles tendon, will face the New York Jets after missing the Dec. 19 regular-season game. As a result, second-year quarterback and fellow USC alum Mark Sanchez will get his first look at Polamalu, who is considered by many to be the most dangerous defensive player in the NFL.

• Cornerback Bryant McFadden (hip, abdomen) also practiced Friday for the first time all week. However, McFadden is listed as questionable and could be replaced by nickelback William Gay, who replaced a hobbled McFadden in the first quarter of last week's divisional playoff game against Baltimore. Anthony Madison would replace Gay at nickelback.

• The special teams will receive a boost with the return of safety Will Allen (knee) and wide receiver Arnaz Battle (illness), who both practiced for the first time all week. It's been a difficult season injury-wise for Allen, who also was sidelined several games with a concussion. Allen and Battle combined for three special teams tackles last week, and they added 27 special teams tackles during the regular season.

• For the Jets, defensive end Shaun Ellis (knee) did not practice and is questionable. Cornerback Drew Coleman (knee), safety James Ihedigbo (knee, ankle) and wide receiver Brad Smith (groin) practiced and are questionable.

Read more: Polamalu practices, will play Sunday - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1BjjJtQ00 (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719378.html#ixzz1BjjJtQ00)

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2011, 01:56 AM
For the Jets, defensive end Shaun Ellis (knee) did not practice and is questionable.

That's an interesting tidbit I hadn't heard until now. Ellis has the best game he's had in several season's last week.

MaxAMillion
01-22-2011, 02:00 AM
We are in trouble if Madison has to play the entire game as the nickel back. I would go right at him with Cotchery if I were the Jets. I expect a lot of zone coverage to try and protect Madison. It sucks that Lewis can't even be the 4th best corner on the team.

sentinel33
01-22-2011, 02:42 AM
someone go tell butler to put his big boy pants on. its time