PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: Harrison is keeping quiet

fordfixer
01-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Steelers: Harrison is keeping quiet
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... quiet.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/january/21/steelers-harrison-is-keeping-quiet.html)
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times

Friday January 21, 2011 12:05 AM

PITTSBURGH — When it comes to dealing with the media horde covering the AFC Championship Game, James Harrison is one and done.

Harrison, the Steelers’ all-star linebacker, never really enjoys being grilled by the press. And he let his feelings known about it after practice Thursday.

“I’m not doing any more interviews,” he said. “This is the last interview you all are going to get for the rest of the week. I’m not doing any more. I get you one time. That’s today. So you all can go ahead and let loose.

“Talking to you all is not going to help me win a game. Talking is not going to do anything. It’s not going to prepare me. It’s not going to do anything. It’s just going to give you a story so you all can go out there and write something.”

At one point when an out-of-town reporter asked about his four fines this year for what the NFL office deemed as flagrant hits, Harrison turned his back at a group of reporters.
Advertisement

“I’m tired of those questions,” he said. “I’m only answering questions about the Jets. I’m only thinking about the Jets.”

A moment later, Harrison rejoined the media surrounding him. He answered several questions pertaining to Sunday’s game. Topics ranged from the importance of stopping the Jets’ running attack to the development of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez to Troy Polamalu’s value to the Steelers’ defense.

And then Harrison called it quits.

“Anybody else?” he said. “All right, it’s done. Come over here tomorrow if you want to and see what happens.”

sentinel33
01-21-2011, 02:48 AM
im not goin over there. thats for sure. noooooooo thanks. fine right here.

get 'em james.

Steelers. ALL THE WAY

proudpittsburgher
01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Love how he handled it. Instead of just walking off after the question about the fines, he established his position, then continued the interview. I really do think James is growing a lot this season.

I reiterate what I said earlier in the week, Harrison took over that Ravens game in the second half. Absolutely took it over.

Ghost
01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm very interested to see how the refs call holding against JH or if they plan on allowing it to be "tackle James Harrison for free day".

Iron Shiek
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
“Anybody else?” he said. “All right, it’s done. Come over here tomorrow if you want to and see what happens.”

Wow..no wonder his nickname is Deebo. That sounds like a line straight out of the movie Friday.

NorthCoast
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
....the calm before the storm.....

Be afraid Mark Sanchez, be very afraid.