PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember this from early in the season

snarky
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I recall early in the year there was a game where Tomlin called a questionable/unwise time out right before the two minute warning. Can't recall which game it was and I'm having trouble finding it in the game logs on ESPN.

Help would be appreciated.

JTP53609
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
the atlanta game to open the season

snarky
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
thanks. man my memory is bad. I would have sworn on my life that it was just before half time rather than full time.

JTP53609
01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
thanks. man my memory is bad. I would have sworn on my life that it was just before half time rather than full time.

sure thing, and your right it was before halftime, he called it for some reason and we wound up not converting on third down, missed the field goal and it left just enough time for atlanta to march down the field and kick a game tying field goal.....He called the timeout on third down rather than let the clock wind down then call the timeout...

AkronSteel
01-20-2011, 11:15 PM
I remember that....and looking back I was pissed! It was a bad coaching move and ya know, sometimes they all make them. That was not one of Coach Tomlin's better moves and I'm sure he would admit that. Here's hoping he doesn't make another one of those gaffe's in the next two weeks!!